NBA 2013 Thread

ultimatefightingchamp

• 2 weeks later...
My money would be on the Heat' date=' but I'm enjoying watching the Harden led Rockets. He and the Rockets management took a lot of crap after the trade but he has yet to disappoint me. My expectations for this season were pretty low, but its been fun to watch so far.[/quote']

Harden is one of the best guys to watch.

I would've celebrated hard had he come to Orlando instead

My money would be on the Heat' date=' but I'm enjoying watching the Harden led Rockets. He and the Rockets management took a lot of crap after the trade but he has yet to disappoint me. My expectations for this season were pretty low, but its been fun to watch so far.[/quote']

I was just glad to watch them stomp the Knicks into a mudhole. That made me happy.

The NBA has fined the San Antonio Spurs $250' date='000 for resting their star players last night versus the Heat.

That is absolutely ridiculous, considering the HEAT were struggling all night against the San Antonio BENCH. Good god, so the Spurs got penalized... -_-[/quote']

Lol they did this many times last year how is it a problem now.....what did the commish just find out about it.....

Lol they did this many times last year how is it a problem now.....what did the commish just find out about it.....

I'm sure it was an effort to keep the Spurs from winning a championship. Sports are pretty well fixed, these days... If the Spurs are REALLY good, they can come away from this and still be champs, because they've got a championship team, most definitely.

Seems too blatant to not be an attempt to help another team win, probably the Heat... I'm sure there's guys in the back paying the commish off.

The NBA has fined the San Antonio Spurs $250' date='000 for resting their star players last night versus the Heat.

That is absolutely ridiculous, considering the HEAT were struggling all night against the San Antonio BENCH. Good god, so the Spurs got penalized... -_-[/quote']

Yeah, makes no sense at all considering they only lost by ****ing 5 points.

They rarely rested the big 3 in the same night' date=' but it's still a BS fine.

I'm sure it was an effort to keep the Spurs from winning a championship. Sports are pretty well fixed, these days... If the Spurs are REALLY good, they can come away from this and still be champs, because they've got a championship team, most definitely.

Seems too blatant to not be an attempt to help another team win, probably the Heat... I'm sure there's guys in the back paying the commish off.

Lol, the Spurs have as many chances to win the championship as they did before. The regular season is just about making the playoffs and looking for a good seed

Again, still a ******** decision by the greedy old men that rule the NBA

Lol' date=' the Spurs have as many chances to win the championship as they did before. The regular season is just about making the playoffs and looking for a good seed

Again, still a ******** decision by the greedy old men that rule the NBA[/quote']

Seems blatantly to F with the Spurs though.

As much as I have loved to see the miracle turnaround in performance of the Knicks this season - in no small part I believe to Amare being sidelined, I have said for years he is a $17m+ black hole of productivity - I can't in honesty suggest they take the Heat in the Eastern Finals...although even making it to the Confrence games would have to be looked at as a huge step in the right direction considering the last decade of disgrace.

But personal loyalty to New York aside; I think Miami is still the clear contender to beat in the East. On the other side it's the Wild Wild West; does D'Antoni's all O no D game have the right combination for the new Lakers? What's gotten into the water in Memphis? Do the Spurs have that one last run in them? How is OKC going to look in the long haul without Harden burning up the bench? If I had to guess, I'd still say Durant and Westbrook still carry the Thunder and we have a repeat of last season's Finals; with the same results.

Man I hate being a fan during the Big Three South Beach Era: now with Ray Allen. The Dirk lead Mavs victory might well be the last time for the foreseeable future where we don't see LBJ amass his ring collection. The only way to truly stop them is to load up on big men, which the Purple and Gold of the Southlands have done, but they chose a man who is legendary for disregarding defensive play to helm the ship. I mean, we all know the NBA season doesn't really start to take shape until after Christmas, but at this point, how do you not predict another parade in Miami?

As much as I have loved to see the miracle turnaround in performance of the Knicks this season - in no small part I believe to Amare being sidelined' date=' I have said for years he is a $17m+ black hole of productivity - I can't in honesty suggest they take the Heat in the Eastern Finals...although even making it to the Confrence games would have to be looked at as a huge step in the right direction considering the last decade of disgrace.

But personal loyalty to New York aside; I think Miami is still the clear contender to beat in the East. On the other side it's the Wild Wild West; does D'Antoni's all O no D game have the right combination for the new Lakers? What's gotten into the water in Memphis? Do the Spurs have that one last run in them? How is OKC going to look in the long haul without Harden burning up the bench? If I had to guess, I'd still say Durant and Westbrook still carry the Thunder and we have a repeat of last season's Finals; with the same results.

Man I hate being a fan during the Big Three South Beach Era: now with Ray Allen. The Dirk lead Mavs victory might well be the last time for the foreseeable future where we don't see LBJ amass his ring collection. The only way to truly stop them is to load up on big men, which the Purple and Gold of the Southlands have done, but they chose a man who is legendary for disregarding defensive play to helm the ship. I mean, we all know the NBA season doesn't really start to take shape until after Christmas, but at this point, how do you not predict another parade in Miami?[/quote']

The Lakers could cause them problems but their bench is ridiculously bad. Nash also seems to have lost a step

NY is one of my favorite teams to watch, so so deep even without Amare. Carmelo Anthony is a joy to watch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Back to back! I had the Heat last year, and I predict a repeat performance. OKC was stupid to get rid of Harden over a contract dispute.

^^

Don't celebrate just yet. I think the Heat win tomorrow but you never know.

True, I usually don't do very well picking team sports.

Last night's game 6 was crazy.

The Spurs had that **** won until they went full retard and started missing clutch free throws and not rebounding.

The Heat scored 6 points poins off two threes from offensive rebounds with under a minute left in the game.

Mr 3-ball himself Ray Allen doing what he does best.

I hope game 7 is good as well.

My money would be on the Heat, but I'm enjoying watching the Harden led Rockets. He and the Rockets management took a lot of crap after the trade but he has yet to disappoint me. My expectations for this season were pretty low, but its been fun to watch so far.

Good call. Y U no post no more?

Archived