Noguiera's trainer on Werdum vs. Noguiera: "It will be a great fight."

Trollsmasher

Source: Nogueira's trainer on Werdum vs. Noguiera: "It will be a great fight."

Luiz Carlos D?rea the boxing coach for Junior Dos Santos, believes that both fighters r evenly match on the ground, and they neutralize each other with their striking game.

He believes the winner of the bout will be whoever puts in the work during training camp. He also announced that he will bu coaching TUF with Nog.

It's a terrible match up though. Werdum is knocking on the door for a title shot and Big Nog won't fight JDS. So if Werdum loses they lose one of their few contenders.

I agree. Big Nog probably won't fight JDS, but I think the match up will be epic. I give Big Nog the edge on the stand up, but if it turns into a BJJ match, who knows.

It's a terrible match up though. Werdum is knocking on the door for a title shot and Big Nog won't fight JDS. So if Werdum loses they lose one of their few contenders.

Not a terrible match up at all. Good move for coaches as far as TUF goes and it should be a great fight also. I think if Werdum beats Nog his next fight should be for a title shot. Nog wins he won't be getting a title shot. It makes sense

Not a terrible match up at all. Good move for coaches as far as TUF goes and it should be a great fight also. I think if Werdum beats Nog his next fight should be for a title shot. Nog wins he won't be getting a title shot. It makes sense

That's stupid to me. If only 1 guy is fighting for a title shot then the fight should not have title implications. Big Nog is not up there anymore and beating him is not something that makes you worthy of a title shot.

Shogun vs Machida would be better for TUF

That's stupid to me. If only 1 guy is fighting for a title shot then the fight should not have title implications. Big Nog is not up there anymore and beating him is not something that makes you worthy of a title shot.

Shogun vs Machida would be better for TUF

Does the fight have title implaications? I didn't see anything saying that. Big Nog is still doing good for his age. He almost beat Mir and has been looking good lately.

Pretty sure this fight is not for a title shot

Does the fight have title implaications? I didn't see anything saying that. Big Nog is still doing good for his age. He almost beat Mir and has been looking good lately.

Pretty sure this fight is not for a title shot

Regardless it makes zero sense. It should be 2 top guys battling for a spot to go further. Big Nog hasn't been able to put a win streak together for over 4 years and his wins are Schaub, Herman and Couture. Yet he's fighting guy who's right there for a title shot?

Regardless it makes zero sense. It should be 2 top guys battling for a spot to go further. Big Nog hasn't been able to put a win streak together for over 4 years and his wins are Schaub' date=' Herman and Couture. Yet he's fighting guy who's right there for a title shot?[/quote']

It makes sense that's why they made the fight. They know what they are doing. Doesn't need to be two guys battling for a title shot after the show. Werdum is getting there but is not there yet. A win over Big Nog would put him right where he wants to be. It makes sense

It makes sense that's why they made the fight. They know what they are doing. Doesn't need to be two guys battling for a title shot after the show. Werdum is getting there but is not there yet. A win over Big Nog would put him right where he wants to be. It makes sense

It makes sense business wise because Big Nog is a big name they can shove on TV against another Brazilian but ranking wise Nog shouldn't be anywhere near the top.

Big Nog has more to gain in this fight, he's at the end of his career and being given the opportunity to fight someone as highly ranked and relevant as Werdum is a big occasion.

Whereas Werdum now can't fight for what? 6 months with all this momentum he has going being arguably 2 wins away from a title shot, a loss to Nogueira would be devastating for his career

Archived