Dana White 'Guarantees' Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones WILL 'Absolutely Happen'!!!

Doctor_Obviously

This will never happen... Anderson has openly said he is planning to fight GSP in 2013.. Since a GSP fight will be at MW or a Catch weight between MW and WW it is no way that Anderson will have time to build enough mucle to fight a HW (Jones) before at the earliest 2014.. And in 2014 Jones is going to be a full sized HW which will make the fight pointless, as Anderson will be so much smaller..

The only chance of this fight is if the UFC decides that Anderson vs GSP will never happen.. I think that is dependant on how GSP does when he gets back.. If he steamrolles Condit he will still be "unbeatable" for most WWs and therfore it makes sence for the UFC to allow him the Anderson fight.. But if he gets smacked by Condit, he will not be considered as good as before and there will not be as much money to make on a Anderson vs GSP fight.. Wich will result in the fight never happening...

This will never happen... Anderson has openly said he is planning to fight GSP in 2013.. Since a GSP fight will be at MW or a Catch weight between MW and WW it is no way that Anderson will have time to build enough mucle to fight a HW (Jones) before at the earliest 2014.. And in 2014 Jones is going to be a full sized HW which will make the fight pointless' date=' as Anderson will be so much smaller..

The only chance of this fight is if the UFC decides that Anderson vs GSP will never happen.. I think that is dependant on how GSP does when he gets back.. If he steamrolles Condit he will still be "unbeatable" for most WWs and therfore it makes sence for the UFC to allow him the Anderson fight.. But if he gets smacked by Condit, he will not be considered as good as before and there will not be as much money to make on a Anderson vs GSP fight.. Wich will result in the fight never happening...[/quote']

GSP isn't going to want to fight. I think its a joke how the champs Jones, Silva, and GSP are all scared to fight each other. Because if they weren't they wouldn't have said every excuse in the book when asked about the superfight.

GSP isn't going to want to fight. I think its a joke how the champs Jones' date=' Silva, and GSP are all scared to fight each other. Because if they weren't they wouldn't have said every excuse in the book when asked about the superfight.[/quote']

I think it is understandable...

GSP as "the best WW of all time" and MAYBE the P4P best fighter ever is marketable for the UFC, and for himself... He makes millions from sponsors and is one of the most marketable fighters for the UFC...

If he steps up and get smashed by Silva he is no longer as "unbeatable" as people thinks now.. The result will be that he will be less marketable both for the UFC and for himself.

So in the long run (unless he is 100% certain he will win) it does not make to much sense for him to move up...

You can look at BJ Penn to see how this works.. He was the unbeatable LW Champ and was considered one of the best ever.. He then moved up (again) and got smashed by GSP... the result: He was no longer in the P4P discussions and like it or not, most fans still remember the fight and the result as humiliating... And now, when he is nearing the end of his career he is starting to struggle to find sponsors that will still spend money on him when he is inactive...

I think it is understandable...

GSP as "the best WW of all time" and MAYBE the P4P best fighter ever is marketable for the UFC' date=' and for himself... He makes millions from sponsors and is one of the most marketable fighters for the UFC...

If he steps up and get smashed by Silva he is no longer as "unbeatable" as people thinks now.. The result will be that he will be less marketable both for the UFC and for himself.

So in the long run (unless he is 100% certain he will win) it does not make to much sense for him to move up...

You can look at BJ Penn to see how this works.. He was the unbeatable LW Champ and was considered one of the best ever.. He then moved up (again) and got smashed by GSP... the result: He was no longer in the P4P discussions and like it or not, most fans still remember the fight and the result as humiliating... And now, when he is nearing the end of his career he is starting to struggle to find sponsors that will still spend money on him when he is inactive...[/quote']

He was still considered one of the p4p best after that loss to GSP.

It's not like he lost to some bum, he lost to a fellow top 3 p4p fighter.

Is he struggling to find sponsors?

Penn will forever be known as one of the greatest of all time because of him having the balls to step up and fight almost at any weight.

All these fighters are talking about not even wanting to move up.

GSP hasn't even fought at MW, not even a top 10 guy let alone the best MW and P4P fighter atm.

never gonna happen. UFC NEEDS to stop being money hungry short time ****** and focus more on marketing the spread of talent they have rather than focussing on the champs fighting each other. They may need to take a leaf out of Bellators book and help up and comers build up than wasting champs against each other. Let them stay at the top. Create more than one contender by putting them against each other, the heirachy now is a fallacy.

He also said Anderson vs GSP would happen ... today' date=' he doesnt like to talk about it.

However, this fight will only happen, I keep on saying that, WHEN ONE OF THEM LOSE AND GET BACK THEIR BELTS, otherwise it wont happen.[/quote']

GSP is scared of Anderson Silva, Jones is scared of being the man to beat Anderson Silva and Anderson Silva is scared for his legacy. Scared, scared scared...Happy Halloween!

Jones will beat him' date='pretty high odds as well,i would say 75-25 Jones.

It's funny to hear about a catch weight of 180,what catch wieght?Silva would be 200 going into the fight,that removes any notion of an actual catch weight.[/quote']

I think if Silva fights Jones at 205, it's a 60-40 show for Jones, but it they do a 195 catch weight it's 50-50.

Archived