Fighters that have been forgotten, but who is fun to remember

Buttons

In another post i was just reminded about a former UFC fighter (Wes Sims) which i had not thought about for years.. So i got me wondering.. Is there other fighters that was extremely fun, talented or by some other reason should have been remembered, but which seems to have been forgotten by most fans..

I'll start by talking about Wes Sims... he was far from UFC caliber (even when the HW division was dominated by Tim Sylvia)... But he was funny as ****, and always did his best.. Also while staying in the TUF house he proved that he has the personality of a 13 year old and he was proud of that..

anyone else?

In another post i was just reminded about a former UFC fighter (Wes Sims) which i had not thought about for years.. So i got me wondering.. Is there other fighters that was extremely fun' date=' talented or by some other reason should have been remembered, but which seems to have been forgotten by most fans..

I'll start by talking about Wes Sims... he was far from UFC caliber (even when the HW division was dominated by Tim Sylvia)... But he was funny as ****, and always did his best.. Also while staying in the TUF house he proved that he has the personality of a 13 year old and he was proud of that..

anyone else?[/quote']

But who ARE fun to remember. Not is.

****ing Paul Varelans.

The Polar Bear!!

This is the perfect example.. I remember him as this huge beast from back in the days when i got a hold of some tapes with UFC 6 and 7.. When entering his first fight i was sure he had to be the scariest man alive...

Then i remember Tank smashing his face in.. I think this was one of the fights that made me love Tank forever...

Just looked him up at wikipedia.. he actually fought some impressive names... Kerr, Vovchanchyn, Kimo and Severen... not bad for a guy with only some minor wrestling experience..

Also.. he almost killed or paralyzed Cal Worsham in UFC 6... not to shabby:)

Jo Son an interesting little guy.There is another reason many might remember him but i don't want to mention it.They say the guy was literally broke' date='your typical early days fighter looking for a simple meal ticket.

Kimo was also another interesting fighter.[/quote']

Jo Son!!!! My best friend and I used to have an inside joke on him because he would stick his head out towards his opponent in the weirdest way

Also, he got punched in the balls 40 times by Keith Hackney LOL

One of my all time favs

NathanQuarry3UFC53.jpg

First fighter from Tuf to get a title shot...fought some tough guys and always was in and entertaining fight (unless he runs from him)...many forget he was expected to be the winner of the first season of Tuf...he came into the house a big favorite...but fate had different plans

Injuries kept him from fighting again in the TUF house and his back injury later also kept him on the shelf for a long time...the back injury was very serious and speaking to his strong will he came back and was winning

And through the ups and downs he always was classy...look no further then how much he helped chris leban with his loss and the other fighters

On the top of my list of fighters I wanna meet

Kimbo.

Hehe Kimbo...

His exit from the UFC was brutal.. After so much hype he was proven to be a bum... And a few years later he is again just that street fighter dude...

I just watched some of his streetfights also.. Not really sure where the hype came from... sure he won both, but i cant really say he had amazing KO power or any technique... I guess kimbo will stad as the ultimate hype-fighter forever.. I just can't see anyone matching the dumbness suronding this guy..

One of my all time favs

NathanQuarry3UFC53.jpg

First fighter from Tuf to get a title shot...fought some tough guys and always was in and entertaining fight (unless he runs from him)...many forget he was expected to be the winner of the first season of Tuf...he came into the house a big favorite...but fate had different plans

Injuries kept him from fighting again in the TUF house and his back injury later also kept him on the shelf for a long time...the back injury was very serious and speaking to his strong will he came back and was winning

And through the ups and downs he always was classy...look no further then how much he helped chris leban with his loss and the other fighters

On the top of my list of fighters I wanna meet

quarry was great also shame he got cut.

Archived