Jon Jones Says Daniel Cormier is ?A Little Better? At Wrestling But MMA Isn?t wrestli

BispingTheBeast

Jon-Jones-UFC-87_9111.jpg

On the surface it may seem like UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has virtually wiped out the top contenders at 205lbs, but there are a few challengers still waiting in the wings.

Beyond his April 2013 fight against Chael Sonnen, the reigning and defending light heavyweight king still has a potential fight against Dan Henderson looming, and maybe the most intriguing fight of all ? a showdown with Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix champion Daniel Cormier.

Cormier has mentioned on more than a couple of occasions that he would like to get a shot against Jones at some point in the future, and revealed that the two even chatted about it earlier this year.

For his part, Jones has since played off Cormier?s challenges to coach against him on the Ultimate Fighter and said he was ?relatively unknown?.

On Tuesday, Jones was again asked about Cormier but this time it related to his wrestling skills. Cormier is a former Olympian and NCAA champion wrestler, but Jones didn?t seem to their skill sets were all that far apart nowadays.

RELATED POSTS

Is Daniel Cormier the Solution to the Jon Jones Puzzle?

Dana White ?Likes? the Idea of Jon Jones Facing Daniel Cormier in the UFC

Strikeforce Barnett vs Cormier: What a Difference a Year Made for Daniel Cormier (Post Video)

Strikeforce Barnett vs. Cormier Results: Daniel Cormier Stands as Champion

Daniel Cormier Knows He?ll Eventually Be in the UFC (Video)

Where Jones knows he?s better however is at fighting, and that?s where he?d beat Cormier if they ever come face to face in the cage.

?Cormier?s probably a little bit better than me (at wrestling), but it?s not a wrestling match at all. When you talk about knees and submissions and punching and kicking him in the face, and upkicks, it?s just not a wrestling match,? Jones said.

Jones has no problem saying that Cormier?s collegiate and amateur wrestling career was more impressive than his, but he wouldn?t be the first fighter he?s faced with more awards in that category.

?When it comes to credentials he definitely had a better wrestling career than me, but half the guys I fought have had better wrestling careers,? Jones stated.

The only credentials Jones is worried about when facing Cormier is his standing as the best 205lb fighter on the planet.

Yes just like shogun would crush him and machida please lol stop the hate daniel cormier doesnt even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as jon jones

Mr Smart?!

More like Mr retard with a comment like that! It has nothing to do with hate man. Its called common sense. If Cormier can pick up a 260 pound Josh Barnett and slam him on his head what do you think he could do to Jones?

Let me guess...the reason he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Jones is because he hasn't fought in the UFC right?

Jones is a scared and he is clearly ducking him. A lame excuse I might add too! The UFC could easily promote the **** out of Cormier with his OLYMPIC caliber wrestling and impressive wins over Bigfoot Silva and Barnett.

Jones is the Champion and should be a big enough reason to sell the fight on his own. Pathetic excuse for being a scared little ***** more like it.

you duck someone when you were appointed a fight and you refuse to take it, for whatever reason that may be...

Cormier hasn't been appointed to Jones, so that's not ducking... if that is ducking then JDS is also ducking Overeem... many other examples can be made from that definition of ducking...

And yes, under my definition of ducking, Jones DID duck Sonnen, even if he was right for doing so...

you duck someone when you were appointed a fight and you refuse to take it' date=' for whatever reason that may be...

Cormier hasn't been appointed to Jones, so that's not ducking... if that is ducking then JDS is also ducking Overeem... many other examples can be made from that definition of ducking...

And yes, under my definition of ducking, Jones DID duck Sonnen, even if he was right for doing so...[/quote']

Both Jones and JDS are scared and would duck if they could. Their comments show it.

Jones in particular could be doing the Ultimate Fighter and fighting Cormier next instead of Sonnen (who he appearently didn't want to fight because he wasn't worthy).

Funny how once faced with the prospect of facing Cormier, Sonnen all of a sudden deserves this title shot that he apparently didn't just weeks prior hey?

And now it's Cormier who doesn't deserve it!

Chicken **** bones:rolleyes:

Both Jones and JDS are scared and would duck if they could. Their comments show it.

Jones in particular could be doing the Ultimate Fighter and fighting Cormier next instead of Sonnen (who he appearently didn't want to fight because he wasn't worthy).

Funny how once faced with the prospect of facing Cormier' date=' Sonnen all of a sudden deserves this title shot that he apparently didn't just weeks prior hey?

And now it's Cormier who doesn't deserve it!

Chicken **** bones:rolleyes:[/quote']

Both Sonnen and Cormier don't deserve it... And Cormier wasn't asked to coach TUF against Jones, Sonnen was...

You can say all you want, but if the UFC had decided to put Cormier on TUF against Jones, Jones would have said yes after the whole 151 fiasco...

Both Sonnen and Cormier don't deserve it... And Cormier wasn't asked to coach TUF against Jones' date=' Sonnen was...

You can say all you want, but if the UFC had decided to put Cormier on TUF against Jones, Jones would have said yes after the whole 151 fiasco...[/quote']

Dude there were multiple threads about a week ago with links showing that Dana White had asked Jones about fighting Cormier on the TUF show. Jones said he wasn't into "raising Cormiers stock" and that Cormier was relatively unknown in the mma community. Basically saying that he felt Cormier wasn't worthy of the title shot.

So say all you want but the idea of Cormier fighting Jones on TUF in fact was throw around. And its also a fact that Jones wanted no part of fighting Cormier.

Do your research man before you say that Jones would do this or Jones would do that. Jones would rather take another Middleweight gimmie fight more like it.

And I'm sorry but there is only one other guy as, or more deserving of a title shot than Cormier, and that is Henderson.

Dude there were multiple threads about a week ago with links showing that Dana White had asked Jones about fighting Cormier on the TUF show. Jones said he wasn't into "raising Cormiers stock" and that Cormier was relatively unknown in the mma community. Basically saying that he felt Cormier wasn't worthy of the title shot.

So say all you want but the idea of Cormier fighting Jones on TUF in fact was throw around. And its also a fact that Jones wanted no part of fighting Cormier.

Do your research man before you say that Jones would do this or Jones would do that. Jones would rather take another Middleweight gimmie fight more like it.

And I'm sorry but there is only one other guy as' date=' or more deserving of a title shot than Cormier, and that is Henderson.[/quote']

Please show me a link where it says that the UFC offered Cormier to Jones for TUF and I'll take my words back...

If that's true then that means I'm right...

The fight was not officially proposed to him by Dana but Dana said to the media he liked the idea of this fight. I think Dana was not going to push the issue because there is a desperate need to get the ratings back up for TUF. So in a way Jones has a point when looking at it from a marketing perspective as Sonnen is much more well known.

So in short I understand why the decision was made but I still think it was lame coming from Jones standpoint. Coming from Dana it makes more sense. Jones shouldn't want this fight, and in fact never did. **** he let an event get cancelled because he believed in this so strongly. I think it became a lot more rose colored to Jones though once he realized his only other option was Cormier.

The fight was proposed to him by Dana. I think Dana was not going to push the issue because there is a desperate need to get the ratings back up for TUF. So in a way Jones has a point when looking at it from a marketing perspective as Sonnen is much more well known.

So in short I understand why the decision was made but I still think it was lame coming from Jones standpoint. Coming from Dana it makes more sense. Jones shouldn't want this fight' date=' and in fact never did. **** he let an event get cancelled because he believed in this so strongly. I think it became a lot more rose colored to Jones though once he realized his only other option was Cormier.[/quote']

So there's no link... interesting... and the event cancellation is a whole different topic... even though he wasn't the one to blame for it...

DC would destroy Jones at MMA' date=' Wrestling, Boxing, Kickboxing, Drinking, Driving....

Jones wins at ducking, being a pompous ego maniac and a pedo deserving 25 to life.[/quote']

StompGrind is the very best at bringing MMA knowledge but can also switch it up and troll with the best of them. P4P most versatile poster.

Mr Smart?!

More like Mr retard with a comment like that! It has nothing to do with hate man. Its called common sense. If Cormier can pick up a 260 pound Josh Barnett and slam him on his head what do you think he could do to Jones?

Let me guess...the reason he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Jones is because he hasn't fought in the UFC right?

Jones is a scared and he is clearly ducking him. A lame excuse I might add too! The UFC could easily promote the **** out of Cormier with his OLYMPIC caliber wrestling and impressive wins over Bigfoot Silva and Barnett.

Jones is the Champion and should be a big enough reason to sell the fight on his own. Pathetic excuse for being a scared little ***** more like it.

Seriously your thick as **** u numpty for a start bones will bulk up and be a massive HW if cormier moves down he wont b the same and stfu comparing fking barnet to bones i dont care if hes 260 pounds hes not anywhere near the same league as bones cormier will get his fat as.s picked apart brought down and submitted

Archived