The Top 25 UFC Champions of All Time

Doctor_Obviously

....according to bleacher report back in June.... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1227573-power-ranking-the-top-25-ufc-champions-of-all-time

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Matt Hughes

4. Randy Couture

5. Chuck Liddell

6. BJ Penn

7. Jon Jones

8. Frank Shamrock

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Frankie Edgar

11. Tim Sylvia

12. Pat Miletich

13. Brock Lesnar

14. Rampage Jackson

15. Junior Dos Santos

16. Frank Mir

17. Jens Pulver

18. Dominick Cruz

19. Jose Aldo

20. Andre Arlovski

21. Rich Franklin

22. Murilo Bustamante

23. Bas Rutten

24. Maurice Smith

25. Kevin Randleman

Some questionable choices....Thoughts?

Discuss. :cool:

....according to bleacher report back in June.... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1227573-power-ranking-the-top-25-ufc-champions-of-all-time

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Matt Hughes

4. Randy Couture

5. Chuck Liddell

6. BJ Penn

7. Jon Jones

8. Frank Shamrock

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Frankie Edgar

11. Tim Sylvia

12. Pat Miletich

13. Brock Lesnar

14. Rampage Jackson

15. Junior Dos Santos

16. Frank Mir

17. Jens Pulver

18. Dominick Cruz

19. Jose Aldo

20. Andre Arlovski

21. Rich Franklin

22. Murilo Bustamante

23. Bas Rutten

24. Maurice Smith

25. Kevin Randleman

NEVER post anything Bleacher Reports or fiveknuckles...... a giant bag of ***** has more know-how then those two sites

Meh' date=' 25 is too long.

1. Frankie Edgar

2. Anderson Silva

3. GSP

4. Chuck Liddell

5. BJ Penn

6. Randy Couture

7. Jon Jones

8. Tito Ortiz

9. JDS

10. Frank Shamrock[/quote']

Listing the top 25 is the same thing as listing all the champions the UFC has ever had.

Top 5 by # of fights as champ.

1. A. Silva-12 fights since 10/2006 (not counting LHW fights) 12 total

2. Matt Hughes- 6 fights from 11/2001-11/2003, lost to Penn, 4 more fights from 10/2004-9/2006 (not counting Gracie fight; catchweight)-10 total

3. GSP-1 fight 11/2006, lost to Serra, 8 more fights from 12/2007-4/2011. 9 total

4. Randy Couture-2 fights 5/2001-11/2001, lost to Barnett, won Interim from Chuck 6/2003, unified interim vs. Ortiz 9/2003, lost to Belfort, won back from Belfort, lost to Chuck, 2 fights 3/2007-8/2007, lost to Lesnar. 7 total

5. Jon Jones 3/2011-9/2012 5 fights.

honorable mention BJ penn, 5 fights as champion

Penn should be #2

He's by far my favorite of the ones I listed but I tried to keep my bias out of the list, though I should probably switch him and Matt Hughes in my personal rankings since they went 1-1 in title fights and BJ KTFOed Hughes in the rubber match.

If it was a list of my favorite champions it would look much better, with Bork sitting pretty at #3 and Anderson Silva at #2. Figure that one out....

He's by far my favorite of the ones I listed but I tried to keep my bias out of the list' date=' though I should probably switch him and Matt Hughes in my personal rankings since they went 1-1 in title fights and BJ KTFOed Hughes in the rubber match.

If it was a list of my favorite champions it would look much better, with Bork sitting pretty at #3 and Anderson Silva at #2. Figure that one out....[/quote']

I was being biased when I wrote that LoL

Considering that they actually defended their titles multiple times' date=' I agree that bleacherreport is all kinds of retarded.[/quote']

i go off by being able to defend the title and i believe Mur never did..... brock win wasnt for the title, nog was interim which he proceed to get smashed by carwin.

I was being biased when I wrote that LoL

I know' date=' and I can't really blame you for it.

i go off by being able to defend the title and i believe Mur never did..... brock win wasnt for the title, nog was interim which he proceed to get smashed by carwin.

My list not only takes into account number of defenses but quality of opponents defended against. Silva and GSP, though they haven't always faced guys who stand a threat of beating them, fought mostly opponents who earned the title by beating other top 10 guys in the division at the time. It's also why Liddell is above Ortiz, and the number of times Couture lost or failed to win back a title is why he didn't quite crack my top 10. Frankie is on the list because he took the crown from BJ (though I still strongly believe that Penn won the first fight handily) and because he showed true Champion's Resolve in the second and third Maynard fights by coming back from vicious first round beatings.

He didn't own a belt' date=' but he was unofficial champ for the first few UFC fights.

If anyone is deserving of the title, it is him.

Lilst is garbage without at least an honorable mention to him.[/quote']

Royce was a hair pulling, groin striking juicer. List is fine.

Jones should be higher though.

He didn't own a belt' date=' but he was unofficial champ for the first few UFC fights.

If anyone is deserving of the title, it is him.

Lilst is garbage without at least an honorable mention to him.[/quote']

Royce was a hair pulling' date=' groin striking juicer. List is fine.

Jones should be higher though.[/quote']

not to mention had to get hand picked opponents in the beginning then crazy retarded rules later on

Also, he was the tournament winner for UFCs 1, 2, and 4. Not a champion. He didn't even win the first ever Superfight against Ken Shamrock, the went to a draw when time expired. Not a champion. GTFO.

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Matt Hughes

4. Randy Couture

5. Chuck Liddell

6. BJ Penn

7. Jon Jones

8. Frank Shamrock

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Frankie Edgar

11. Tim Sylvia

12. Pat Miletich

13. Brock Lesnar

14. Rampage Jackson

15. Junior Dos Santos

16. Frank Mir

17. Jens Pulver

18. Dominick Cruz

19. Jose Aldo

20. Andre Arlovski

21. Rich Franklin

22. Murilo Bustamante

23. Bas Rutten

24. Maurice Smith

25. Kevin Randleman

there is no top 25:confused:...the UFC is to young for that:)

the elite of that list is

A Silva

Couture

Penn

JBJ

JDS

gsp

Aldo

Hughes(thats border line)

thats about it...the rest are avg compared to this list...these are the true elites of all time in the UFC:cool:

there is no top 25:confused:...the UFC is to young for that:)

the elite of that list is

A Silva

Couture

Penn

JBJ

JDS

gsp

Aldo

Hughes(thats border line)

thats about it...the rest are avg compared to this list...these are the true elites of all time in the UFC:cool:

I would take Couture, JDS, and Aldo off of your list.

I just put Penn above Couture. But Yeah' date=' used yours as a template.[/quote']

lol penn over couture makes sense...couture is one of those guys whose legacy outranks what he actually accomplished...penn was completely dominating LW for a period of time (Florian, Sanchez, etc.)

Archived