Most dangerous submission artist of each weight class

shinyaaoki

Mir is definitely more dangerous' date=' when was the last time Werdum broke someone's arm? Tapping Nog is a bigger accomplishment than tapping Fedor.[/quote']

Werdum makes people tap.

Mir makes the ref stop the fight because something broke or someone is dying of asphyxiation.

Mir is more dangerous.

Mir - Yes' date=' over Werdum. Mir snaps arms.

Jones

Palhares

Maia

Diaz/Lauzon

Oliveira

??

??[/quote']

So if Mir snaps arms and he's so much more dangerous on the ground than Werdum why is everyone mentioning Maia and others when surely there are more "brutal" submission artist in other divisions than those guys like Maia etc.mentioned.

Dangerous doesn't necessarily mean most brutal. The fighter that can get subs from various positions and against various opponents with consistantly is as dangerous as anyone even if they aren't all that brutal.

For that reason Werdum is the more dangerous submission artist.

That's sort of like saying Carwin is the most dangerous striker because he probably hits harder than anyone else.

So if Mir snaps arms and he's so much more dangerous on the ground than Werdum why is everyone mentioning Maia and others when surely there are more "brutal" submission artist in other divisions than those guys like Maia etc.mentioned.

Dangerous doesn't necessarily mean most brutal. The fighter that can get subs from various positions and against various opponents with consistantly is as dangerous as anyone even if they aren't all that brutal.

For that reason Werdum is the more dangerous submission artist.

That's sort of like saying Carwin is the most dangerous striker because he probably hits harder than anyone else.

Because that's how people feel. Plus Maia had a brutal looking neck crank against Story.

I'd be more scared to go to the ground with Mir than Werdum, both guys can tool you on the ground, but Mir is more likely to cause serious damage.

I guess it's just how you interpret dangerous in grappling.

Mir also has more submission wins and they're over better competition.

Yeah I know, but I wasn't addressing that point.

I was saying everyone is saying Mir is the choice simply looking at him breaking Nog and Tim's arm, it was their choice not to tap...simple stuff

I think Mir is the best Jiu Jitsu guy right now because he can catch guys any where-he doesn't really prefer one submission over another, I still think Nog is one of the best as well.

Mir - Yes' date=' over Werdum. Mir snaps arms.[/b']Jones

Palhares

Maia

Diaz/Lauzon

Oliveira

??

??

Why do people keep saying this? Getting a limb broken or being put to sleep is almost always the fault of the victim not recognizing they are in trouble fast enough and tapping. Or just not giving a **** like Machida or Big nog. You don't see much Gracie/Gordeau anymore where the fighter keeps the hold on way after the guy taps.

Hw: Werdum....I understand why people say mir....but thats like saying Carwin is a more dangerous striker then JDS because he KOs people more brutal then JDS does

Werdum is the better bjj guy and has more ways to get the sub and has done far better then mir has in pure bjj matches

Mir has the more subs wins but has the less wide range of subs and has not done aswell in pure bjj matches

JDS has the better striking and has way more punches and moves and has done well in boxing matches I hear

Carwin has the more KOs and are brutal but he has less tools then JDS in punches and has never had a boxing match

Much like how we know JDS is the better striker cuz he and carwin fought I fell that werdum would beat mir in an mma match if it hit the deck

That's just how I look at it

LHW: Vinny

Mw: Jacare or Roger G.

WW: Maia

LW: Idk...I would say Sass but he just got tapped

FW: Korean Zombie

BW: Ronda SON!!!!

Why do people keep saying this? Getting a limb broken or being put to sleep is almost always the fault of the victim not recognizing they are in trouble fast enough and tapping. Or just not giving a **** like Machida or Big nog. You don't see much Gracie/Gordeau anymore where the fighter keeps the hold on way after the guy taps.

Agreed...I have killed one guy at BJJ class over and over...then oneday he got me in RNC and instead of getting out of it I sat there cuz I have never been chocked out and wanted to see how it felt...and I went out...it does not mean he's better then me

I made the choice to not tap or find an escape

He has got a lot better though lol

Agreed...I have killed one guy at BJJ class over and over...then oneday he got me in RNC and instead of getting out of it I sat there cuz I have never been chocked out and wanted to see how it felt...and I went out...it does not mean he's better then me

I made the choice to not tap or find an escape

He has got a lot better though lol

Yeah, I got caught in a deep triangle and usually would have tapped, but I was looking at the Silva/Sonnen 1 fight the night before. I wanted to try the step over escape Sonnen did. It worked and I didn't leave my arm in like Sonnen lol. I was about a split second from taking a nap though.

Current fighters only.

HW - Frank Mir

LHW - Jon Jones

MW - Rousimar Palhares

WW - Demian Maia

LW - Joe Lauzon

FW - Charles Oliveira

BW - Brian Bowles

HW - Mir (anyone who says differently is blind)

LHW - Vinny (although i do believe he needs a few more solid wins in the UFC before he becomes really feared)

MW - Palhares

WW - Maia

LW - Nate Diaz (but I believe people are becoming more weary of his boxing)

FW - Korean Zombie

BW - I dont even know of any talented submission artists here, besides maybe Faber whos well known for his sick chokes.

FLW - Maybe Formiga but he has some major holes in his game

Current fighters only.

HW - Frank Mir

LHW - Jon Jones

MW - Rousimar Palhares

WW - Demian Maia

LW - Joe Lauzon

FW - Charles Oliveira

BW - Brian Bowles

wait your name is Aoki but you didnt pick Aoki!?

I guess this is UFC specific than.

Ill retract my Roger Gracie then. Throw up Davis, hes pretty slick, although only 2 finishes in UFC I think. But he looks solid. Maybe Vinny.

HW: Mir and Big Nog

LHW: I would say Vinny but I still think he needs to prove himself... According to what has been going through with the divison I have to say Jon Jones, even though I don't think he's that good at BJJ

MW: I want to say Palhares but he's a one trick pony...

WW: Maia...

LW: Probably Nate...

HW: Mir and Big Nog

LHW: I would say Vinny but I still think he needs to prove himself... According to what has been going through with the divison I have to say Jon Jones, even though I don't think he's that good at BJJ

MW: I want to say Palhares but he's a one trick pony...

WW: Maia...

LW: Probably Nate...

Archived