An observation i need to throw out there

Little_Kang

I have to say some of the dumbest things i see these days is on facebook. In particular its those "like these photos for whatever reason, ignore if you dont care" pictures. I think people that actually click like on those photos are worse then the ppl that ignore them because they actually believe that clicking like actually does something. IT DOESN'T. How about you actually go out and do something then thinking your self righteous by clicking something on a social media site.

rant over

Kinda confused here kang...what part don't you like about "liking" smothered photo?

To me its a thumbs up to a person doing something good or whatever...people are allowed to like stuff

I never do it cuz to me its corny...it has.to really be something bad *** to make me do that

What i do hate is how people beg for "likes" or demand them...or get upset if someone does not "like" it

Kinda confused here kang...what part don't you like about "liking" smothered photo?

To me its a thumbs up to a person doing something good or whatever...people are allowed to like stuff

I never do it cuz to me its corny...it has.to really be something bad *** to make me do that

What i do hate is how people beg for "likes" or demand them...or get upset if someone does not "like" it

Heres an example

one i saw today was a photo of a solider and it said "if you like this photo a prayer will be sent out to our troops, ignore if you dont care about them"

even a troop posted on it saying "dont send me prayers, send me more ammo"

Completely agree. The people running most of those pages ARE getting some ad revenue and hits for whatever they are actually selling. :mad:

I had to bite my tongue Monday when DOZENS of people I normally respect were "liking" andshatring the erroneous picture of the men guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Even after the regiment itself called it incorrect (was from another day, had the current one LIVE on their page, as they do most days) and articles were written about the bogus pics floating around... people just mindlessly promote incorrect information to appear to the world that they care.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/soldiers-guard-the-tomb-of-unknowns-during-hurricane-sandy/

I was actually just discussed this with my brother. Those pictures are ridiculously annoying' date=' they should count as spam.

Btw, "plus 1" my comment if you agree, ignore if you enjoy watching Fitch fight.[/quote']

Perfect response!

Oh, and this was a fun read during Sandy as well:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/reyhan/viral-photos-that-arent-hurricane-sandy

People probably hate my Facebook page because I'm constantly liking gear head **** LoL

Not so bad... legit pages are legit.

And here is the real deal with them and why they make spammers rich

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/facebook-spam-scam-secret-revealed.html?

I just read this. Good summary, and more polite for me to post on my own Facebook than yelling at the naive aunts who are guilty of the likes

I don't have that problem cause i refuse to make a facebook account.

I mean it would be nice to keep in touch with people and all but i have enough real friends and i don't give a **** about whatever random thing is going on thier life today that i couldn't give two ***** about.

That's all most people use it for anyway. An ego wall. Nobody gives a crap if you went to the gym today or ate a burger or watched a movie.

I have more important nonsense to waste my time on.

Archived