joe rogan goes off...

Job144

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you tell an eight year old that noah put two of every animal in the world on a boat and even he's gonna have some questions.

kinda funny how out of everybody else in the world at the time, noahs boat was the only one that worked. i guess thats what happens when god gets pissed off at everybody else in the world except for one dude and a bunch of animals

I don't see how even Christians can believe in stories like Noah's ark/Adam and Eve.

Mind boggling.

I don't see how people could be such disrespectful asses to things people believe! Seriously, what gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cannot believe? And on top of that, be disrespectful about it when it's so core to what billions believe.

Here's an interesting analogy I heard regarding science. Science is like a gigantic pyramid...in order to accept something you have to accept everything that has been said beforehand. In other words, when you make new theories you don't recheck gravity, the theory of relativity, evolution, etc. you just automatically accept them to be true. I'm sure no one here, and no one in history, has rechecked every single account that science has thrown forth. eventually there is so much new stuff going off what we already accept to be true that the base foundation can't possibly hold up and everything that gets put on top can't hold up.

Our minds can't possibly comprehend things like the afterlife, infinity, the beginning of everything, etc. and for people to act like it's impossible that a higher power made it happen is ludacris, in my opinion

There is infinite time and infinite space what possibly makes you think that a human with a brain less than 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 the size of the universe could have all the answers

The reason I believe the Bible is because I know that God would want to give us something to understand of him on Earth. Hundreds of prophecies from the Bible have come to be true and they still continue to be true. I have a feeling people get older and think they have all the answers, so they assume that the Universe is a trillions of times more simple than it is, and if more people keep an open mind so many more people will start seeing that the Bible is real

I don't see how even Christians can believe in stories like Noah's ark/Adam and Eve.

Mind boggling.

It's also mind boggling that humans are arrogant enough to dismiss than an almighty being isn't capable of anything it chooses to be capable of.

Be it God or not, it is possible that an almighty being exists, you cannot prove nor disprove it, you can only choose to believe or not to believe in a superior being. With that said, if an almighty being exists, would they not be capable of making whatever they choose happen?

See believers are exactly that, and label themselves as such, they choose to believe, Atheists deny even the remote possibility, I can understand choosing to not believe, but denying the possibility is operating at a level of arrogance to think one can be all knowing enough to say with absolutel surety that the possibility does not exist at all.

I just could not, no matter what deny possibilities regardless of belief or not, I was once an Atheist, but I never denied the possibility because I never was arrogant enough to think I know it all. Then life changing events happened, and well, I can no longer deny God.

I don't see how people could be such disrespectful asses to things people believe! Seriously' date=' what gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cannot believe? And on top of that, be disrespectful about it when it's so core to what billions believe.

Here's an interesting analogy I heard regarding science. Science is like a gigantic pyramid...in order to accept something you have to accept everything that has been said beforehand. In other words, when you make new theories you don't recheck gravity, the theory of relativity, evolution, etc. you just automatically accept them to be true. I'm sure no one hear, and no one in history, has rechecked every single account that science has thrown forth. eventually there is so much new stuff going off what we already accept to be true that the base foundation can't possibly hold up and everything that gets put on top can't hold up.

Our minds can't possibly comprehend things like the afterlife, infinity, the beginning of everything, etc. and for people to act like it's impossible that a higher power made it happen is ludacris, in my opinion

There is infinite time and infinite space what possibly makes you think that a human with a brain less than 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 the size of the universe could have all the answers

The reason I believe the Bible is because I know that God would want to give us something to understand of him on Earth. Hundreds of prophecies from the Bible have come to be true and they still continue to be true. I have a feeling people just think the Universe is a billion times more simpler than it is, and if more people keep an open mind so many more people will start seeing that the Bible is real[/quote']

You believe in Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve.

LoL.

Didn't read.

You believe in Noahs Ark and Adam and Eve.

LoL.

Didn't read.

lol prove my point to an extent...people think they know the answers so they stop even looking

just because your brain can't comprehend things doesn't make it not true. the universe is INFINITE, we don't even understand one trillionth of it.

could a microscopic organism know all the answers of the world?

i wish i could split the seven seas or turn water into wine. destroy the earth every time frankie edgar gets another title shot

does anybody know how i can split the seas? just wondering. id like to drive to australia some day

that'd be pretty awesome...i hate flying

lol prove my point to an extent...people think they know the answers so they stop even looking

just because your brain can't comprehend things doesn't make it not true. the universe is INFINITE' date=' we don't even understand one trillionth of it.

could a microscopic organism know all the answers of the world?[/quote']

There's a narrow strait off the coast of Italy that's said to be the home of two giant sea monsters, be wary of traveling there. I know this because I read it in a really old book once.

=

Your logic.

I don't know why I bother. I'd have better luck having a logical discussion with my cat.

I don't see how people could be such disrespectful asses to things people believe! Seriously' date=' what gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cannot believe? And on top of that, be disrespectful about it when it's so core to what billions believe.

Here's an interesting analogy I heard regarding science. Science is like a gigantic pyramid...in order to accept something you have to accept everything that has been said beforehand. In other words, when you make new theories you don't recheck gravity, the theory of relativity, evolution, etc. you just automatically accept them to be true. I'm sure no one here, and no one in history, has rechecked every single account that science has thrown forth. eventually there is so much new stuff going off what we already accept to be true that the base foundation can't possibly hold up and everything that gets put on top can't hold up.

The reason I believe the Bible is because I know that God would want to give us something to understand of him on Earth. Hundreds of prophecies from the Bible have come to be true and they still continue to be true. I have a feeling people get older and think they have all the answers, so they assume that the Universe is a trillions of times more simple than it is, and if more people keep an open mind so many more people will start seeing that the Bible is real[/quote']

It's also mind boggling that humans are arrogant enough to dismiss than an almighty being isn't capable of anything it chooses to be capable of.

Be it God or not' date=' it is possible that an almighty being exists, you cannot prove nor disprove it, you can only choose to believe or not to believe in a superior being. With that said, if an almighty being exists, would they not be capable of making whatever they choose happen?

See believers are exactly that, and label themselves as such, they choose to believe, Atheists deny even the remote possibility, I can understand choosing to not believe, but denying the possibility is operating at a level of arrogance to think one can be all knowing enough to say with absolutel surety that the possibility does not exist at all.

I just could not, no matter what deny possibilities regardless of belief or not, I was once an Atheist, but I never denied the possibility because I never was arrogant enough to think I know it all. Then life changing events happened, and well, I can no longer deny God.[/quote']

DIDN

there is no proof that god exists

its just a term coined for something people cant understand and need to coin the word god to try to explain some idea when they have no other way to go on and want to appear smart like they know the answer

look at the greeks and romans. back in the day they thought the world was flat, and everytime something happened that they couldnt figure out exactly what it was, they turned it into a god. everything in the sky- they make a god for it. they knock up their wife, they make a god for it. they like to party - they make a god for it. They like to hunt, they make a god for it. they see alot of shooting stars or comets. they make a god for it.

they even made a god for my kind of lifestyle. Διόνυσος (Di?nysos) - Dionysus - The god of wine, parties and festivals, madness, chaos, drunkenness and ecstasy. They really need to invent a name for the toilet gods because thats often who I end up praying to the morning after I hang out with Dionysus.

yeah its sad, they just make up a god for something so people wiill believe it and wont persist on digging to find the actual solution. people are sheep.

back in england they did it the opposite way. instead of understanding the concept of sanitation, sewers, and cleanliness, instead of making up a god for it, when the black plague was spreading around, the church called it an act of satan and anybody with this disease is possed by the devil and they had to be killed or isolated. And then all the righteous holier than thou church people themselves started getting the black death. rather ironic

where is this boat? we've been on this planet for thousands and thousands of years now and explored every area of the earth where it could be. dont you think by now we could have at least found some kind of ancient boat somewhere? i mean it would have to be pretty big seeing how it can accomodate 2 of every animal in the world and all. I mean we can find bin laden hiding out in a cave in the middle of nowhere hanging out eating a chocolate bar, we can find tiny ships and submarines lost in the sea, we can find fossils of every animal and dinosaur from hundreds of thousands and even millions of years ago, but we cant find this colossal sized boat from a few thousand years ago, or any evidence of it?

its all hogwash. we dont want to believe that rocks from space creates and destroys life and carries all kinds of water, microbial bacteria, and other hitchhikers allong with them that can thrive and multiply under ideal conditions and eventually start evolving and mutating, just ignore any kind of science and evolution and just go with god!

its much easier to just say god did everything. yeah god put these two people here. God sent that hurricane last week that just levelled the jersey shore. God is the reason i never win the lottery. Gods the reason that christian priests like to sodomize innocent little boys. God is the reason the vancouver canucks havent ever won the stanley cup. Anything that i cant be bothered to find the answers for i am now going to say it had something to do with God. Any other method is just too hard or time consuming

Be it God or not' date=' it is possible that an almighty being exists, you cannot prove nor disprove it, you can only choose to believe or not to believe in a superior being. With that said, if an almighty being exists, would they not be capable of making whatever they choose happen?

I just could not, no matter what deny possibilities regardless of belief or not, I was once an Atheist, but I never denied the possibility because I never was arrogant enough to think I know it all. Then life changing events happened, and well, I can no longer deny God.[/quote']

You're assuming things. I never stated a higher being couldn't exist, it's a possibility. After all, how would I know for certain?

But the god/faith/teachings that are taught by modern day Christianity is complete nonsense.

But I will say yes, IF a higher power did exist they would likely be capable of things we couldn't comprehend. That doesn't mean thousand year old fairy tales are true though.

ive decided to take the god of bacon into my life

bacon-god.jpg

he may not be able to turn water into wine' date=' or lift the entire earth on his shoulders, but at least he can make a tasty meal.[/quote']

and yet we can experience the greatness of bacon whenever we want, what was the last thing this Christian God did for you?

Invent pigs

Oh' date=' and invent george foreman who in turn invents the lean mean fat grilling machine in which to cook said pigs.[/quote']

pigs or previous evolution of pigs date further back then the bible so thats not true

and george foreman created the george foreman cause george foreman can do what he wants

The reason I believe the Bible is because I know that God would want to give us something to understand of him on Earth. Hundreds of prophecies from the Bible have come to be true and they still continue to be true. I have a feeling people get older and think they have all the answers, so they assume that the Universe is a trillions of times more simple than it is, and if more people keep an open mind so many more people will start seeing that the Bible is real[/quote']

It's the same EXACT disrespect a priest has when he looks me in the eye and tells me I'm going to hell because I don't believe in his false god. Get it now?

Were religious threads ever banned off these forums but krept back on as of late?

They were allowed but would get closed pretty frequently because it always went in circles, resorted to petty insults and a lot of people get butt hurt real easy on such a touchy subject.

Same with politics but religion is even more srs business to some people.

Mind boggling.

I don't see how people could be such disrespectful asses to things people believe! Seriously' date=' what gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cannot believe? And on top of that, be disrespectful about it when it's so core to what billions believe.[/quote']

I just don't understand what was disrespectful about what he posted. He didn't call names, he didn't make fun, he simply said he doesn't understand how people can believe that story. He also doesn't say anywhere what you can and cannot believe...

My life is simple, I question everything. The more questions you ask, the more you learn, sometimes those questions piss people off when they shouldn't.

Personally I find the origin of life theories by both the religious and non-religious to be equally absurd. Don't freak out, saying I think an idea is absurd isn't disrespectful to anyone. A big bang from nothing evolving to this, sounds just as unreasonable, as a god who was always there creating and knowing everything. Neither make any sense to me.

Question everything.

I just don't understand what was disrespectful about what he posted. He didn't call names' date=' he didn't make fun, he simply said he doesn't understand how people can believe that story. He also doesn't say anywhere what you can and cannot believe...

My life is simple, I question everything. The more questions you ask, the more you learn, sometimes those questions piss people off when they shouldn't.

Personally I find the origin of life theories by both the religious and non-religious to be equally absurd. Don't freak out, saying I think an idea is absurd isn't disrespectful to anyone. A big bang from nothing evolving to this, sounds just as unreasonable, as a god who was always there creating and knowing everything. Neither make any sense to me.

Question everything.[/quote']

RageFace.jpg

Ive come to the basis that I can chose any entity and i have as much proof as the common religions so ive chosen to take Odin Allfather into my life

Odin-Viking-gods.jpg

Hehe, if I were using your method I would have chosen Moradin the dwarven God from D&D and spent a lot of time pretending to be afraid that the trees can move and are plotting against me.

Hehe' date=' if I were using your method I would have chosen Moradin the dwarven God from D&D and spent a lot of time pretending to be afraid that the trees can move and are plotting against me.[/quote']

It's not really the same method though. Odin really was a deity that people believed in, some people still do. D&D is a game.

This is the reason why I question people's belief stemming from a book. Why not believe in Egyptian gods that predate the christian/judeo god? What makes one god false but not the other?

It's not really the same method though. Odin really was a deity that people believed in' date=' some people still do. D&D is a game.

This is the reason why I question people's belief stemming from a book. Why not believe in Egyptian gods that predate the christian/judeo god? What makes one god false but not the other?[/quote']

exactly!

How I see it, if you believe in one god you then have to accept the possibility of every god ever mentioned

I think it's symbolic.

God warning us women are gonna steal from us forever. hahahaha

It's also written that women are being punished by god for the whole apple bit, ie., menstruation and painful pregnancy. It's these very concepts which started me doubting my own christian faith when I was younger. Christianity isn't a very kind religion towards women.

Archived