Tyrone Spong is making his mma debut today against Mcsweeny...

King_Can

And Arlovski!

Oh yeah forgot about that' date=' Rumble seems like a better main event lol

Spong is a bad man. Dana already left 10 voicemails on his phone.

I don't think Dana wants him yet, he's 1-0 and we don't know if he has a ground game. He basically had a kickboxing match with a below average MMA fighter. He should fight rumble next, that'd be a true test of his skills. :D

oh god no you didnt.

What Spong did last night was the tip of the iceberg if what he can really do. More fights = more confident = more open striking

Oh yes I did. Lyoto is unlike any striker in the planet, and Shogun isn't going to stand there and say "okay, I'll let you win".

I think Spong is talented, but I don't think he looked very good last night. Sure he dominated, but that was against an old man that just stood there. That's one of the worst tests I've ever seen for an MMA debut. He has a great r?sum? and is receiving the Kimbo treatment.

Oh yes I did. Lyoto is unlike any striker in the planet' date=' and Shogun isn't going to stand there and say "okay, I'll let you win".

I think Spong is talented, but I don't think he looked very good last night. Sure he dominated, but that was against an old man that just stood there. That's one of the worst tests I've ever seen for an MMA debut. He has a great r?sum? and is receiving the Kimbo treatment.[/quote']

did you not read the second half of my post. The more he fights the more his striking will come out.

And you must be trolling to think he is anything like Kimbo. Tyrong is young healthy and a top of his respective art, kimbo was none of those

im really surprised no one has mentioned although Spong looked good in his debut when he knocked him down his kickboxing instincts kicked in and he stopped put his hands down and walked away to his corner(like you do in a boxing/kickboxing match) and did not follow up and make the ref jump in...yes he was clearly done and prolly wasnt going to get back up or recover but still in MMA you gotta go til your stopped even if he didnt follow up with a shot while he was down he should have at least threatened to make the ref stop it. overall looked very impressive that was my only real criticism i had...but i imagine its hard to follow up on a downed opponent when you have been so used to kickboxing where it will lose you the fight instead of win the fight. and i woulda liked to see him pick apart bartlett's lead leg with some serious leg kicks(he was giving it to him) but i figured he didnt wanna risk being taken down at all if a kick got caught or mistimed.

im really surprised no one has mentioned although Spong looked good in his debut when he knocked him down his kickboxing instincts kicked in and he stopped put his hands down and walked away to his corner(like you do in a boxing/kickboxing match) and did not follow up and make the ref jump in...yes he was clearly done and prolly wasnt going to get back up or recover but still in MMA you gotta go til your stopped even if he didnt follow up with a shot while he was down he should have at least threatened to make the ref stop it. overall looked very impressive that was my only real criticism i had...but i imagine its hard to follow up on a downed opponent when you have been so used to kickboxing where it will lose you the fight instead of win the fight. and i woulda liked to see him pick apart bartlett's lead leg with some serious leg kicks(he was giving it to him) but i figured he didnt wanna risk being taken down at all if a kick got caught or mistimed.

yes I noticed it, just didn't think it was a big deal

alot of pro mma fighters do the same thing, maybe Spong knew when he went down he was done, or maybe he didn't want to get baited into a ground fight, who knows

Archived