Why I don't like Carlos Condit

Me_Against_The_World

Maybe this is why a lot of people also don't like Condit, but for me here it goes.

It's not because he safely evaded and out pointed Nick Diaz to a narrow decision, look I'm no Diaz fan and I don't play favorites anyways. Was the fight boring? I mean yeah it was kind of boring, but maybe just because we expected so much more from it. I couldn't stand personally how the kicks Condit threw...all of them were with the intent to score points and not to hurt, win or damage Nick as I call them they were " sissy kicks ". I can see how people feel Nick should have won, but I think technically Condit won by points and won 3 of the rounds, it was just an inconclusive fight , Nick standing his ground, taunting, making Condit constantly back off probably made him seem like the bigger man.

Anyone remember Carlos Condit's statements on the fight for months before?

" There's one way to end a hype train, knock it the **** out"

" It's gonna be a dogfight"

He talked like he was some assassin, when I think he was a little overhyped Kim and Hardy were 2 guys that never were really top 20, maybe not top 30...but just gathered a little moss in the UFC in their divisions. His legit wins were a green Jake split decision, Rory MacDonald probably the most controversial, unjust stoppage ever but much respect to Rory for taking the loss like a man and never complaining, don't like Rory but much respect for making the most of a horrible situation homie. That lackluster decision over Nick and of courrse...Losing to Kampmann.

Then...after the fight, he acts like he crushed Diaz and a rematch is unjust, he ducks defending the interim belt while GSP is out on an ACL tear, he talks about how you have to fight safely and make educated decisions, about how he's afraid to lose to someone else before he gets his chance to fight GSP and lose it...

This guy lied to us and became such a phony right infront of our eyes, all that **** talk was faker than Chael's, he's just another dog to the races who sells his soul for the hope of a shred of fame and fortune. I don't like Carlos Condit. After he loses, release Erick Silva on him...nuff said.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must be pretty new to MMA to just now realize most things fighters say in the pre-hype talk is bologna.

How many times has GSP claimed an exciting fight will happen? Dont blink.

not to compare a great fighter like Condit with the great boring GSP, but that's who haters are supporting in this fight seeming to have forgotten about GSP's last 5 fights.

so by OP's logic, if Condit had said "im gonna avoid Diaz's strikes and beat him up from range and avoid the cage" you would be less upset with him?

you are so upset because Condit "lied" to us? Grow up bro, this sport isnt for softies like you if you cant handle a fight not presenting exactly like the fighter said it would.

I think his only legit win is over Kim. Kim is underrated and what he did to him was impressive.

Running away from Diaz and refusing to defend the interim title (that is there for the purpose of keeping the division flowing while the real champion is out) is ridiculous.

23213213.png

Why would the UFC hand out an interim belt that wasn't going to be defended, what is the purpose of that?

I think his only legit win is over Kim. Kim is underrated and what he did to him was impressive. Running away from Diaz and refusing to defend the interim title (that is there for the purpose of keeping the division flowing while the real champion is out) is gross.

Why would the UFC hand out an interim belt that wasn't going to be defended' date=' [b']what is the purpose of that[/b]?

It's just a marketing ploy to get more PPV buys "OH we'll have a new champion! :rolleyes: "

I think his only legit win is over Kim. Kim is underrated and what he did to him was impressive.

Running away from Diaz and refusing to defend the interim title (that is there for the purpose of keeping the division flowing while the real champion is out) is ridiculous.

23213213.png

Why would the UFC hand out an interim belt that wasn't going to be defended' date=' what is the purpose of that?[/[/b']QUOTE]

To solidify No.1 contender status @ WW.

Why do they need a interim title belt for that?

hype. now they get to have a pic of condit and GSP both with "belts"

why blame Condit for the ufc feeding condit a fake belt. condit knows his belt means nothing, seems like the only people who think it means something are the people crying "defend your belt condit"

must be pretty new to MMA to just now realize most things fighters say in the pre-hype talk is bologna.

How many times has GSP claimed an exciting fight will happen? Dont blink.

not to compare a great fighter like Condit with the great boring GSP' date=' but that's who haters are supporting in this fight seeming to have forgotten about GSP's last 5 fights.

so by OP's logic, if Condit had said "im gonna avoid Diaz's strikes and beat him up from range and avoid the cage" you would be less upset with him?

you are so upset because Condit "lied" to us? Grow up bro, this sport isnt for softies like you if you cant handle a fight not presenting exactly like the fighter said it would.[/quote']

Junglebird dropping knowledge bombs again, been saying that as well for the past few months but I'm not sure if the majority is just trolling or actually that easy to manipulate aka stupid.

hype. now they get to have a pic of condit and GSP both with "belts"

why blame Condit for the ufc feeding condit a fake belt. condit knows his belt means nothing' date=' seems like the only people who think it means something are the people crying "defend your belt condit"[/quote']

It SHOULD mean something though

Just saying

The fights a few weeks away, no need for people to dwell on him not defending, it's in the past

Why do they need a interim title belt for that? It's supposed to be there to allow the division to flow but instead it clogged it up even more because now guys are fighting to be the #2 contender.

Because Dana simply naming a fighter as the next contender wasn't reliable enough at the time, at least in the WW division. The whole situation was long time ago, but it basically came down to Nick getting the shot, Condit getting the shot after Nick missing the conference, to Nick getting again after beating Penn and Condit having to fill in for GSP when he got injured.. To possibly adding more selling power to Diaz vs. Condit.

Kinda make sense? At least this is what I feel was the need for the belt, as WW contender status needed stability from these scenario's that can't always be controlled ya know?

It SHOULD mean something though

Just saying

The fights a few weeks away' date=' no need for people to dwell on him not defending, it's in the past[/b']

Yeah but the UFC is to blame for that. Diaz wouldnt have defended the belt either and the majority who cried about that were butthurt Diaz fanboys.

Agree with the bold.

Yeah but the UFC is to blame for that. Diaz wouldnt have defended the belt either and the majority who cried about that were butthurt Diaz fanboys.

Agree with the bold.

Some people trashed Nate Diaz for waiting for the winner of Bendo vs Edgar 2.

I think everyone has the right to wait if they earned their shot, but at least Nate didn't have a belt.

Obviously, it's not Condit's fault that he's the interim champ, the UFC just needs to stop with that ****ing buffoonery

Because Dana simply naming a fighter as the next contender wasn't reliable enough at the time' date=' at least in the WW division. The whole situation was long time ago, but it basically came down to Nick getting the shot, Condit getting the shot after Nick missing the conference, to Nick getting again after beating Penn and Condit having to fill in for GSP when he got injured.. To possibly adding more selling power to Diaz vs. Condit.

Kinda make sense? At least this is what I feel was the need for the belt, as WW contender status needed stability from these scenario's that can't always be controlled ya know?[/quote']

I feel like Nick easily had enough hype to justify and sell a GSP fight and I think Condit beating Diaz would have been enough to steal a lot of Nick's hype and sell a fight.

In hindsight it's probably a good thing that they made it an interim title fight because the way Condit/Diaz went down I doubt many people would have had interest in seeing Condit fight again. But now that he is the Interim Champ a lot people will probably be sucked in thinking it's some kind of super fight.

I feel like Nick easily had enough hype to justify and sell a GSP fight and I think Condit beating Diaz would have been enough to steal a lot of Nick's hype and sell a fight.

In hindsight it's probably a good thing that they made it an interim title fight because the way Condit/Diaz went down I doubt many people would have had interest in seeing Condit fight again. But now that he is the Interim Champ a lot people will probably be sucked in thinking it's some kind of super fight.

That's a very good point

Agree with the bold.

no **** right?

the UFC wouldn't dare risk losing Diaz vs. GSP by having diaz fight Fitch or something like that

+1

I agree

I will tell you now, if that was Diaz I guarantee I would have been *****ing

He fought boring in a fight he talked up so much. He was just trying to scam people out of their money.

decent troll post.

+1

in reality I give credit to Diaz, he's dangerous enough that you either have to LnP him, or use a very evasive striking gameplan to beat him.

also, if you get this upset about fighters talking up their fight and it not turning out how they said it would prepare to be upset a whole lot.

decent troll post.

+1

in reality I give credit to Diaz' date=' he's dangerous enough that you either have to LnP him, or use a very evasive striking gameplan to beat him.

also, if you get this upset about fighters talking up their fight and it not turning out how they said it would prepare to be upset a whole lot.[/quote']

I'm used to fights not living up to the standard fighters set in pre-fight hype. I just don't think I've seen someone talk up a "dog fight" so much then literally turn and run for a large chunk of the fight. I'm not sure what kind of pansy dogs Condit has raised in his life time but that was just ridiculous.

Too be honest, yeah that's a little annoying I'm a huge Condit fan. But I understand why he did it. These guys have to put themselves out there and say outlandish crap or they don't get any opportunities newer, upcoming, exciting fighters get ignored over someone who has a big name and a big mouth.

Condit is already a champion in most respects. So he didn't deliver on a dog fight, Mir didn't deliver on breaking JDS' arm, GSP hasn't delivered on FINISHING a fight in how long? That's not being fair, I'm sure if Nick had given Carlos an opening, Carlos would've KO'd him. But Nick is a great fighter, a prick, but a great fighter so he doesn't make that many mistakes. Gameplan could've been to goad Nick into messing up, we'll never know.

But if you're gonna ignore all of Condit's previous, impressive wins over one fight he didn't deliver a "dogfight" it's obvious you're not much of a fan of MMA to begin with. I may not be the most knowledgeable MMA fan (understatement of the year) but at least I attempt to learn, and understand. I know enough about the fight game to know that things aren't always what you think they are, and you never really know what a fighter was thinking, only they do.

I'm used to fights not living up to the standard fighters set in pre-fight hype. I just don't think I've seen someone talk up a "dog fight" so much then literally turn and run for a large chunk of the fight. I'm not sure what kind of pansy dogs Condit has raised in his life time but that was just ridiculous.

the fight is only terrible when a fan of Diaz is describing it.

"running the majority of the fight" yet beat Diaz in all aspects.. even if it was very close' date=' he beat him.

there have much much worse fights. A a lot of them for that matter

Too be honest, yeah that's a little annoying I'm a huge Condit fan. But I understand why he did it. These guys have to put themselves out there and say outlandish crap or they don't get any opportunities newer, upcoming, exciting fighters get ignored over someone who has a big name and a big mouth.

Condit is already a champion in most respects. So he didn't deliver on a dog fight, Mir didn't deliver on breaking JDS' arm, GSP hasn't delivered on FINISHING a fight in how long? That's not being fair, I'm sure if Nick had given Carlos an opening, Carlos would've KO'd him. But Nick is a great fighter, a prick, but a great fighter so he doesn't make that many mistakes. Gameplan could've been to goad Nick into messing up, we'll never know.

But if you're gonna ignore all of Condit's previous, impressive wins over one fight he didn't deliver a "dogfight" it's obvious you're not much of a fan of MMA to begin with. I may not be the most knowledgeable MMA fan (understatement of the year) but at least I attempt to learn, and understand. I know enough about the fight game to know that things aren't always what you think they are, and you never really know what a fighter was thinking, only they do.

or just butthurt since feburary

"running the majority of the fight" yet beat Diaz in all aspects.. even if it was very close' date=' he beat him.

there have much much worse fights. A a lot of them for that matter

or just butthurt since feburary[/quote']

Some people just can't let it go.

maybe an overstatement.

It was not a great fight. but it wasnt as bad as Diaz fans make it out to be.

Diaz fans say it was a terrible fight.

Condit fans say meh' date=' it wasnt good.[/quote']

It wasn't as terrible as Maynard vs Guida but it was still REALLY bad.

Anyways, that's in the past now and GSP vs Condit is actually an intriguing match.

Past history sometimes doesn't mean anything, just look at Ben Rothwell

there have much much worse fights. A a lot of them for that matter[/quote']

I'm sorry man but he didn't beat Diaz in all aspects

Diaz outlanded Condit 86 to 42 in total arm strikes landed

Condit outlanded Diaz 104 to 19 in total leg strikes landed

Condit couldn't handle Diaz's striking, he made up for it and kept his distance with leg kicks

I'm not *****ing, I'm just saying

I'm sorry man but he didn't beat Diaz in all aspects

Diaz outlanded Condit 86 to 42 in total arm strikes landed

Condit outlanded Diaz 104 to 19 in total leg strikes landed

Condit couldn't handle Diaz's striking' date=' he made up for it and kept his distance with leg kicks

I'm not *****ing, I'm just saying[/quote']

Did you just say "arm strikes" as in strikes to the arm? Or strikes with the arm? LOL because TO the arm.... well..... I'm not even gonna get into why that's a horrible argument... :rolleyes:

Did you just say "arm strikes" as in strikes to the arm? Or strikes with the arm? LOL because TO the arm.... well..... I'm not even gonna get into why that's a horrible argument... :rolleyes:

im assuming with the arm.

if Diaz landed 86 "arm strikes" they really did crap for damage.

not to say Condit did a ton of damage. But he obviously did more

im assuming with the arm.

if Diaz landed 86 "arm strikes" they really did crap for damage.

Indeed they didn't do much damage

But Condit got a medical suspension for a laceration and Diaz didn't get a medical suspension

Just saying man

I'm not trying to make an argument for him winning the fight. Condit got the belt and Diaz didn't, he should have done more

Indeed they didn't do much damage

But Condit got a medical suspension for a laceration and Diaz didn't get a medical suspension

Just saying man

I'm not trying to make an argument for him winning the fight. Condit got the belt and Diaz didn't' date=' he should have done more[/quote']

And people need to get over it, DIAZ LOST. It wasn't exciting, but how many people can honestly finish Nick Diaz??

You ain't a girl' date=' surely? :D[/quote']

LOL! The daughter I "popped out" would surely disagree lol.

We only have 2 girls originally with Riot_Act being questionable' date=' lmao! [b']If this hoes really got honkers on her, then fair play that[/b] "she's" actually found the braveness to come onto this out of all forums, lol.

If your a chick' date=' then[b'] InB4SomeoneSaysTitsOrGTFO[/b]. :cool:

wat duh ****?

Archived