Sign in to follow this  
||LastManStanding||

If a time machine existed, which of these fighters would be able to win UFC 1 ?

Who could do it ?

they all would. Even guys un the undercard would likely win the tournament.

Anyone with decent BJJ and TDD would win easily. BJJ to submit everyone with ease like Royce did, and TDD decent just enough to avoid going to the ground with Gracie..

There's no doubt that any big name in the sport today would've wrecked the tournament had timewarped their asses to this time and competed in UFC1. But that's unfair to say because they've built their knowledge of combat based on the evolution of the training methods and fighting system that were brought up by the first editions of the UFC...

they all would. Even guys un the undercard would likely win the tournament.

Anyone with decent BJJ and TDD would win easily. BJJ to submit everyone with ease like Royce did' date=' and TDD decent just enough to avoid going to the ground with Gracie..

There's no doubt that any big name in the sport today would've wrecked the tournament had timewarped their asses to this time and competed in UFC1. But that's unfair to say because they've built their knowledge of combat based on the evolution of the training methods and fighting system that were brought up by the first editions of the UFC...[/quote']

This

You guys really think Dan Hardy and Mighty Mouse could beat prime Royce ?

Mouse could probably use his speed and TDD to control the fight, outwork Royce, and win the decision.

Hardy would probably get choked out

Mouse could probably use his speed and TDD to control the fight' date=' outwork Royce, and win the decision.

Hardy would probably get choked out[/quote']

If GSP couldn't choke out Hardy

Royce wouldn't either

GSP has amazing JJ, he's the #2 p4p fighter on the planet

Who could do it ?

EDIT damn I messed up the poll' date=' there's no multiple choices :(. ah well, just name who you believe wouldn't win.[/quote']

ummmm just about ANY current fighter would have destroyed their opposition.

Hell i would bet Jose Aldo would have destroyed the first 7 ufc events. Aldo would kill the Heavyweights like Tank or Shamrock

ummmm just about ANY current fighter would have destroyed their opposition.

Hell i would bet Jose Aldo would have destroyed the first 7 ufc events. Aldo would kill the Heavyweights like Tank or Shamrock

Man I haven't seen you around here since the days of Lesnar vs Fedor talk. Good to see you back!

Man I haven't seen you around here since the days of Lesnar vs Fedor talk. Good to see you back!

what up mangasm?? Yeah dude I take a extended leave of absence from the forums now. Dont have time to read dbagery or trollisms. Lol.

Ill drop thru every now and then. Check up on the cool kids like you, Doc, Rott and a few others. :D

Mouse could probably use his speed and TDD to control the fight' date=' outwork Royce, and win the decision.

Hardy would probably get choked out[/quote']

They didn't have decisions.

Yea' date=' i'd bet money on it[/quote']

+1

I HATE midgety louse but he would def win

edit:

somehow we're at post 25 and someone hasn't said that x fighter could never beat "prime" shamrock??

+1

I HATE midgety louse but he would def win

edit:

somehow we're at post 25 and someone hasn't said that x fighter could never beat "prime" shamrock??

Mark Hunt could never beat Prime Shamrock

There's no doubt that any big name in the sport today would've wrecked the tournament had timewarped their asses to this time and competed in UFC1. But that's unfair to say because they've built their knowledge of combat based on the evolution of the training methods and fighting system that were brought up by the first editions of the UFC...

It can't be said any better than this, especially since modern MMA has evolved so rapidly. George Mikan was an incredible basketball player and a deserving hall of famer, but he would have trouble just making an NBA team if he got in time machine and transported to today. The fighters would just have to train for an open-weight, no rounds, no time limits tournament with a different set of rules. Most of these guys could probably even sub or GnP a "prime Royce."

Think about it - when Royce fought Hughes, he'd had a chance to train other aspects of his game and was much more experienced and versed in MMA than he was during the original Ultimate Fighting Championship. Hughes still humiliated him. Royce was good at subbing guys who didn't know any BJJ, but once the competition caught up with him (which happened pretty quickly), his time as top dog was done. That doesn't mean Royce isn't a deserve legend and HOF member - he and his family taught everyone the importance of the submission ground game - you just have to take the fighter within his own era.

Hunt would KO a prime Ken "roid monkey" Shamrock into the living death.

I don't know man, I have a lot of respect for your opinion and expertise regarding MMA, but Mark Hunt's ground game leaves A LOT to be desired...