Sign in to follow this  
Manho

Depression Thread

If you are depress, then this is the thread for you. I'm at rock bottom right now and I dont know if I will sink any lower. Just don't ask me why. Just share me your stories if you are depress right this very minute. What is the worse cause of your depression?? Im sure you've had your share.:(

I used to be a very depressed person. Yoga and meditation did more for me than any doctor or prescribed meds ever could. Keep your head up.

I used to be a very depressed person. Yoga and meditation did more for me than any doctor or prescribed meds ever could. Keep your head up.

Tis true. Meds really never help the issue.

What might help is trying to help others in their need to. Kharmic effect would have you receive good kharma in return

You just need to spank life

sexy_gif_25904324.gif

that help?

a little. Appreciate it.:o

Thanks. Really need the boost..:o

Tis true. Meds really never help the issue.

What might help is trying to help others in their need to. Kharmic effect would have you receive good kharma in return

I even have a small pack of hashish next to me but for some strange reason I couldn't bring myself to smoke it. I quit a year ago but I could really use one right now. But I know once the high is gone, I would just come back to where I am right now if not worst. But thanks for the advise about the kharma.

When I was depressed I went running, worked out, then I blew my knee out playing hockey. Got really depressed, focused on making money and dedicating myself to school work. It seems like a really long time but after about a year I got better. But once you start feeling like you can actually get out of bed in the morning it seems worth the wait

I even have a small pack of hashish next to me but for some strange reason I couldn't bring myself to smoke it. I quit a year ago but I could really use one right now. But I know once the high is gone' date=' I would just come back to where I am right now if not worst. But thanks for the advise about the kharma.[/quote']

IME, hash/cannabis only helped to calm me down, but never made depression go away. IMO, talking to someone helps tremendously, and not somebody on the net, you need real back and forth conversation. Identify the root of your depression and go from there.

Well you got me for the hour..... tell dr kang what else is troubling you

Lol "Doc"!! It may me quite a while to lay it out online. But really appreciate the effort of making me feel good.:D

I even have a small pack of hashish next to me but for some strange reason I couldn't bring myself to smoke it. I quit a year ago but I could really use one right now. But I know once the high is gone' date=' I would just come back to where I am right now if not worst. But thanks for the advise about the kharma.[/quote']

And the hardest part is forcing yourself to start thinking happy. If you stay depressed than thats all you will experience.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.*

Mahatma Gandhi

And the hardest part is forcing yourself to start thinking happy. If you stay depressed than thats all you will experience.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks' date=' he becomes.*

Mahatma Gandhi

*[/quote']

Thats why I used running and working out. Very few things can boost self esteem and put a smile on your face quite like being jacked as all hell

Look good

Feel good

Live good

IME' date=' hash/cannabis only helped to calm me down, but never made depression go away. IMO, talking to someone helps tremendously, and not somebody on the net, you need real back and forth conversation. Identify the root of your depression and go from there.[/quote']

Aye, that's just it bro, the problem is staring at me right in the face and I'm just helpless to do something about it. And you are right about the hash- after the high, I will just go back to where I was- being miserable...:(:(

Mahatma Gandhi[/b']*

^^^ The quote I live my life by. ^^^

Positivity spirals upwards, whereas negativity spirals downwards.

Manho, keep your head up.

Mahatma Gandhi

*[/quote']

Aye, you are right about that. At this point, the hardest part is making yourself believe that you can be happy again. Mahatma Gandhi is a great man- and in no stretch of the imagination I can ever be like him- but it's just so hard to shake off the feeling right now.:(

^^^ The quote I live my life by. ^^^

Positivity spirals upwards' date=' whereas negativity spirals downwards.

Manho, keep your head up.[/quote']

Thanks bro! Nice to know there are still some really nice and decent people in these forum.

Its better then the work thats in front of me

LK, just don't let your work get to you. Believe it or not, your positive vibes is starting to rub off on me.:o

Aye' date=' you are right about that. At this point, the hardest part is making yourself believe that you can be happy again. Mahatma Gandhi is a great man- and in no stretch of the imagination I can ever be like him- but it's just so hard to shake off the feeling right now.:([/quote']

Its not about being Ghandi but using his experiences and his guidance to direct you to a better life

Its not about being Ghandi but using his experiences and his guidance to direct you to a better life

I know what you mean- it's just that it's so hard to swallow positivity at this moment. It may take a while and I know it will work.

This might sound silly, but one thing I used to do was to greet myself in the mirror every day with a big smile on my face, and tell myself positive things about myself. IMO, depression can be beaten by simply learning to love yourself for who you are.

I gotta run, but leave you with a little online HUG before I go.

This might sound silly' date=' but one thing I used to do was to greet myself in the mirror every day with a big smile on my face, and tell myself positive things about myself. IMO, depression can be beaten by simply learning to love yourself for who you are.

I gotta run, but leave you with a little online HUG before I go.[/quote']

Gotta take your advise to heart- and it's not silly either! I will take what I can get at this point!! Thanks for the hug!!:D

I've been depressed. Tried to kill myself a couple of times. Life gets better, homie. Keep your head up. Positive attitude is crucial. Listen to happy music and stuff like that. :)

Me, personally, I got over it using religion. (I'm prepared to get flamed.) I'm now that happiest I've ever been. It gets better. :)

I've been depressed. Tried to kill myself a couple of times. Life gets better' date=' homie. Keep your head up. Positive attitude is crucial. Listen to happy music and stuff like that. :)

Me, personally, I got over it using religion. (I'm prepared to get flamed.) I'm now that happiest I've ever been. It gets better. :)[/quote']

I would be depressed too, if I thought GSP was better than Silva. Jesus christ, that's your number one problem right there.

I've been depressed. Tried to kill myself a couple of times. Life gets better' date=' homie. Keep your head up. Positive attitude is crucial. Listen to happy music and stuff like that. :)

Me, personally, I got over it using [b']religion. (I'm prepared to get flamed.)[/b] I'm now that happiest I've ever been. It gets better. :)

Nothing is wrong with that bro. I'm a God fearing person myself with beliefs but I'm not immune to depression. And thanks for the advise!! Taking your first step towards positive attitude at this point, though, is like traveling to the moon.:o

I would be depressed too' date=' if I thought GSP was better than Silva. Jesus christ, that's your number one problem right there.[/quote']

Hey, made this account when I was 15. :P You can't blame me for being a n00b fanboy. :D

Nothing is wrong with that bro. I'm a God fearing person myself with beliefs but I'm not immune to depression. And thanks for the advise!! Taking your first step towards positive attitude at this point' date=' though, is like traveling to the moon.:o[/quote']

I appreciate that.

Yeah, I understand. A good step is to start eating right, exercising and buying some new clothes. Make yourself look good and boost your confidence. :)

I appreciate that.

Yeah' date=' I understand. A good step is to start eating right, exercising and buying some new clothes. Make yourself look good and boost your confidence. :)[/quote']

Thats the way to do it right there. Confidence is key

Hey' date=' made this account when I was 15. :P You can't blame me for being a n00b fanboy. :D[/quote']

OK, I take it back than. My bad. lol :P

I appreciate that.

Yeah' date=' I understand. A good step is to start eating right, exercising and buying some new clothes. Make yourself look good and boost your confidence. :)[/quote']

Aye. gotta start somewhere, right?? Anyways, guys, calling it a night. Just feel free to share whatever you need to share to unburden yourself. See you in the morning hopefully things will be more blissful for me!

Kudos bro and to all you guys who made feel a little better tonight.:o

I been on anti depressants since about March now. Sometimes they work, other times they just barely take the edge off. Need to see about getting stronger ones as I threatened to rip my bosses ears off in work this week.

Exercise is good. Supposedly boosts dopamine in the brain or what not. I get like small spouts of depression and its because I get bored I think. So I just change jobs. Keeps life interesting for me.

But you know what really makes me ****ing sad. The fact that one day we will be able to travel to all those other ****ing galaxies in the universe and I'll just be ****ing dead. I was definitely born way to early. We have seen some cool ****, but theres is going to be so many badass things in the future.

all you guys who are depressed should just go and kill yourself

just kidding.

I am not depressed like that. I more more likely to build things up then go postal. Paranoia and a tendency to be anti confrontational is a horrible thing to have. I tend to take everything negative and turn it inwards, like if I see people laughing at me, I will shrug it off so they don't think they are getting to me. Then afterwards I will dwell on what I could have/ should have said or done, rinse and repeat for 15 years and one breakdown later. Like I said, the meds keep me level usually, but recently been finding myself having outbursts.

I know I shouldn't care, but people irritate me how happy and ignorant they can be to find happiness in making others miserable and it eats away at me. Why can't I just go a week without having people judge and laugh at me because I am not like them. One day, some poor soul is going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I used to suffer on & off from depression throughout my early years, from about 15-22

At some point I realized I was comparing my weaknesses to other peoples strengths. When I stopped doing that everything changed and I was considerably happier & more content and have been that way ever since.

Here's how to battle depression; seriously.

Drink a glass of water. Get down and do as many pushups and chair dips as you can (unless you have access to a gym.) Do it right now. You need to get the muscles started. Drink another glass of water.

Read a classic American novel in your spare time.

Shower up and go to a store and get a magazine with a bunch of celebrities in it. Figure out the right haircut for your face. Go shopping for some clothes. Keep drinking lots and lots of water.

Keep reading that novel and drink more water. Don't forget the exercise.

If your life is like anyone elses, you probably have to do these things around your schedule. So, you've probably had a few workout sessions and your face has cleared up from all the water. Oh, and your mind may have access to some witty thought, as you've been influenced by the novel.

Now, go to a club and start talking to girls. Don't flirt with them, just talk to them. They will have intercourse with you. This does wonders for depression.

I am not being sarcastic, by the way. This is the way you should begin living your life.

Well, don't have intercourse with them. Don't go to a club, either.

That being said, with beautiful girls all over (Drive-thru's, Bank Clerks, grocery store checkers, etc) it is thrilling to have flirtacious exchanges with them. That got me through my marriage. I always suspected that I could have much more than a conversation with them.

I never went beyond verbal witticisms (that's not completely true,) until after the divorce. I found my suspicions were pretty accurate. With an update in the style department, the girls and the ensuing lift in the self-esteem department were at an all-time high.

The point is, be the best that you can be. People typically recognize this as just achievement in their professional lives or being kind to others, which is important, but it also involves fitness, hygiene, character, charm and style. You will feel better, my friend.