Sign in to follow this  
Tapped2strikes

Who is More Phobic About Science--Conservatives or Liberals?

This is less an issue of conservatives vs liberals as it might be religious types vs atheists. Also, there is a BIG difference between "science" & Science, with the former being the academia equivalent of religious dogma and the later being that which is centered on actual facts and leaves superfluous claims & conjecture at the door.

That said, I think a more apt descriptor would be religious types are more cautious about embracing certain types of science whereas atheists tend to embrace so much which they really dont even understand or even actually know.

This is less an issue of conservatives vs liberals as it might be religious types vs atheists. Also' date=' there is a BIG difference between "science" & Science, with the former being the academia equivalent of religious dogma and the later being that which is centered on actual facts and leaves superfluous claims & conjecture at the door.

That said, I think a more apt descriptor would be religious types are more cautious about embracing certain types of science whereas atheists tend to embrace so much which they really dont even understand or even actually know.[/quote']

Lol, ok...

2007-01-15-science-vs-faith.png

You don't really, actually believe the bull**** that comes out of your mouth, do you?

You mean, the difference between "science" and science is that whatever science discovers that's against your religious dogmatic beliefs is "science" and the rest is legit science.

Yeah....,

You mean' date=' the difference between "science" and science is that whatever science discovers that's against your religious dogmatic beliefs is "science" and the rest is legit science.

Yeah....,[/quote']

Don't waste your time.

You'd have better luck reasoning with an infant.

This is less an issue of conservatives vs liberals as it might be religious types vs atheists. Also' date=' there is a BIG difference between "science" & Science, with the former being the academia equivalent of religious dogma and the later being that which is centered on actual facts and leaves superfluous claims & conjecture at the door.

That said, I think a more apt descriptor would be religious types are more cautious about embracing certain types of science whereas [b']atheists tend to embrace so much which they really dont even understand or even actually know[/b].

1 - The video specifically addresses the differences between conservatives and liberals on the topic. There was even evidence. Remember?

2 - Your wonderful insight towards atheists needs to be adjusted.

Don't waste your time.

Dont be hateful because you lack sufficient intellect to refute a damn thing I say :D

1 - The video specifically addresses the differences between conservatives and liberals on the topic. There was even evidence. Remember?

2 - Your wonderful insight on atheists needs to be adjusted.

1 - I dont give a flying flip

2 - I know atheists like the back of my hand, as I am an atheist for about 5-10 mins every day

Everything you guys think of and struggle with we do too, the only difference is were not hiding from our own fears :D

Dont be hateful because you lack sufficient intellect to refute a damn thing I say :D

LoL

Your posts aren't even worth responding to.

You don't harbor a shred of intelligence or common sense in your whole body.

Scares me that you're raising children to think like you do.

Last thing the world needs is more of your kind.

Hopefully your house gets hit by a rogue meteor.

1 - I dont give a flying flip

2 - I know atheists like the back of my hand' date=' as I am an atheist for about 5-10 mins every day

Everything you guys think of and struggle with we do too, the only difference is were not hiding from our own fears :D[/quote']

Ah, trolling.

Noted.

LoL

LoL

lol and yet here you are...and keeping it so civil & classy while your at it. SOOO gotten to!! (not that it takes much' date=' you know, since you have sub-human intellect, therefore your considerably more prone to emotional responses, kinda like a dog)

Ah, trolling.

Noted.

Not at all...I mean what I say; every argument or struggle you or any other atheist has ever had I have gone through as well. Fact.

lol and yet here you are...and keeping it so civil & classy while your at it. SOOO gotten to!! (not that it takes much' date=' you know, since you have sub-human intellect, therefore your considerably more prone to emotional responses, kinda like a dog)

Not at all...I mean what I say; every argument or struggle you or any other atheist has ever had I have gone through as well. [b']Fact[/b].

Still trolling.

It is inherent to your conversations.

Still trolling.

It is inherent to your conversations.

Sorry if someone being blunt offends your delicate sensibilities...contrary to popular misconception, being a christian doesnt mean I gotta be all soft & fuzzy about my honest opinion.

Sorry if someone being blunt offends your delicate sensibilities...contrary to popular misconception' date=' being a christian doesnt mean I gotta be all soft & fuzzy about my honest opinion.[/quote']

Don't give yourself too much credit there. You're not blunt, you're ridiculous. But that's how you try to win arguments.

Given the massive amount of scientific hoaxing/lying about "global warming", so much so they had to change their flag ship to "climate change", I would hope both conservatives and liberals have less trust in science for quite a while.

Why does anyone even give dl4 the time of day and respond to him?

Funny thing is, he probably isn't even an intentional troll. He actually thinks he's smart and knows what he's talking about.

Seriously' date=' people 'round here need to lighten up :P[/quote']

Very true, but they also need to realize (usually early on), the appropriate time to end conversations with you. You hit troll mode more often than not.

Very true' date=' but they also need to realize (usually early on), the appropriate time to end conversations with you. You hit troll mode more often than not.[/quote']

False

I was very sincere and thoughtful in my response, and I certainly wasnt the first one to start spewing any manner of personal insults. Perhaps you need to reread the thread and wake up & realize that just because you agree with the rest of the folks in this thread doesnt mean they arent trolling or being slanderous?

Lol' date=' ok...

You don't really, actually believe the bull**** that comes out of your mouth, do you?[/quote']

Don't waste your time.

documented evidence of the first trolling & personal attacks. Yet for some odd reason Chons didnt seem to notice these.

False

I was very sincere and thoughtful in my response' date=' and I certainly wasnt the first one to start spewing any manner of personal insults. Perhaps you need to reread the thread and wake up & realize that just because you agree with the rest of the folks in this thread doesnt mean they arent trolling or being slanderous?[/quote']

Ah the irony. Your last post was talking about people needing to lighten up and then you display your tissue paper thin skin and start arguing with Chons...

Ah the irony. Your last post was talking about people needing to lighten up and then you display your tissue paper thin skin and start arguing with Chons...

Are you ghey? You sure seem unusually fascinated with me...almost stalkerish...

Does Alethia know about this? You should probably tell her

lol' date=' give it up dude. I'm just talking about you general, silliness.[/quote']

Meh...I troll no more than anyone else, I suspect anyways. The only difference being I dont get bent out of shape when others do it, yet oddly enough certain other folks scream bloody murder when its done to them.

Meh...I troll no more than anyone else' date=' I suspect anyways. The only difference being I dont get bent out of shape when others do it, yet oddly enough certain other folks scream bloody murder when its done to them.[/quote']

While I agree with the bent part, I personally think you troll more than most people here.

I believe there are close minded vitriol spewing trolls on both sides of the isle here, and I am as guilty of it as anyone else.

There are believers working at CERN, there are nonbelievers working for the Union Gospel Mission.

We need more bipartisan efforts from the religious AND the nonreligious to achieve harmony instead of conflict.