Sign in to follow this  
Los_Polo_Hermano

GSP dry humps his way to another title defense

:(

Told you guys it was going to be a 5 round fight where GSP lays on top of Condit for pretty much the entire fight.

wouldn't call it a dry ****.. good beat down!

I'd be going for the Title defence over the Anderson fight though ... Spider would murk him badly

He definitely put a beating on Condit!

But I would definitely favor Anderson if they fought.

Look, bottom line is this.

GSP beat up Carlos Condit, and Condit beat up GSP, but GSP controlled the fight. That was the most tested I've ever seen GSP since the Serra fluke and the first Hughes fight.

Carlos did an amazing job all things considered, GSP is just that damned good at what he does, and if you think that fight was boring, you need to get your head checked.

I would love to see that fight.

GSP better stay as FAR away from Anderson Silva as he can. Anderson could never wrestle with GSP but my God if Anderson gets a strike in, GSP is DONE...

I love to hate on GSP but that was a pretty good beating he gave to Carlos

ts

GTFO!!!

^^^ Quoted for truth from two folks who aren't exactly GSP's #1 fans :-)

I had a lot of hate for GSP's style but he came to fight. And he was aggressive and controlled the fight. Until he got caught and then he went back to holding Carlos down. But it was till an amazing fight regardless. Condit fought hard, and GSP fought hard. No complaints or excuses.

I had a lot of hate for GSP's style but he came to fight. And he was aggressive and controlled the fight. Until he got caught and then he went back to holding Carlos down. But it was till an amazing fight regardless. Condit fought hard' date=' and GSP fought hard. No complaints or excuses.[/quote']

agreed

Oh yea' date=' GSP has no chance vs Anderson after that. I'm completely convinced. Still, this was a great fight for GSP so people should stop hating.[/quote']

i agree with u 100%

great ****ing fight

my respect for Condit has risen too

I had a lot of hate for GSP's style but he came to fight. And he was aggressive and controlled the fight. Until he got caught and then he went back to holding Carlos down. But it was till an amazing fight regardless. Condit fought hard' date=' and GSP fought hard. No complaints or excuses.[/quote']

EXACTLY!!! He didnt coast his way through this sight-he worked for the championship! All you haters are just that. Can't change the facts no matter how hard you would like....

It was pretty much the same type of fight we've all seen for the past 5 to 6 GSP fights. Not much changed.

The old GSP is definitely not back. It's the same GSP we've all been seeing.

I do think Hendricks vs. GSP will be a good fight because of the KO power that Hendricks has. If he can neutralize GSP's wrestling to some degree and keep it standing for most of the fight, it'll be Hendrick's to win.

Nobody should try to diminish what GSP did here tonight. Condit did an excellent job too though. Respect all around and such a great card. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Look' date=' bottom line is this.

GSP beat up Carlos Condit, and Condit beat up GSP, but GSP controlled the fight. That was the most tested I've ever seen GSP since the Serra fluke and the first Hughes fight.

Carlos did an amazing job all things considered, GSP is just that damned good at what he does, and if you think that fight was boring, you need to get your head checked.[/quote']

Serra fight wasn't a fluke. He was just better than GSP that night.

absolutely no complaints on this fight...that was entertaining and the crowd was awesome...very impressed with both fighters they put their all into it every second of the fight

GSP better stay as FAR away from Anderson Silva as he can. Anderson could never wrestle with GSP but my God if Anderson gets a strike in' date=' GSP is DONE...[/quote']

I am not much of a gsp fan, probably why I'd love to see it- :P - I respect him as a fighter, but silva is in another league, imo. It'd be a huge payday.

It was pretty much the same type of fight we've all seen for the past 5 to 6 GSP fights. Not much changed.

The old GSP is definitely not back. It's the same GSP we've all been seeing.

I think it's the mixture of the two if you want to be 100% objective about it. He did show signs of going back to just trying to control the fight on top. But he also put on a much more exciting fight and showed so much more heart than his last 4 fights

I love how Joe Rogan was biased through out the fight' date='he is hilarious on how bad he calls a fight.[/quote']

dude I was talking about this with my brothers while we were watching. I mean I was going for GSP too, but damn it's so damn obvious you can tell who Rogan is going for.

dude I was talking about this with my brothers while we were watching. I mean I was going for GSP too' date=' but damn it's so damn obvious you can tell who Rogan is going for.[/quote']

Haha,I know.He was counting him out after he took the kick,but soon fizzled after round four started.I used to laugh at guys who would Rogan bash,but he is pretty biased in alot of fights,especially in fights where he thinks a guy should retire.

Not at all...lol

Was a great fight. Was just expressing I was rooting for Carlos.

Looking forward to Silva/GSP or GSP/Big Rig

If the beating GSP put on Carlos tonight was a dry **** in your books, than refer to my previous post lol.

If the beating GSP put on Carlos tonight was a dry **** in your books' date=' than refer to my previous post lol.[/quote']

What beating ? You mean that one elbow that cut Carlos ? This was the same GSP that fought Dan Hardy, only in that fight GSP actually tried to pass the guard.

condit was constantly looking for multiple different types of submissions and sweeps, and gsp was defending while actively trying to pass and also opening up condit's face with elbows. there were some nice scrambles too.

both fighters were very active whenever it went to the ground. it was fun to watch, and overall it was a great fight. and this is coming from someone who's been hating on gsp for a while now lol.

The thing is, it was a bit of both.

Rounds 1-3 were exciting as hell. GSP's GNP hasn't looked that vicious in ages. But after he got rocked, the championship rounds consisted of all those things that people have been complaining about for years.

I admire how he completely tooled Condit everywhere outside of one exchange, but he won't exactly be shutting any hardcore critics up with this performance.