Sign in to follow this  
I_told_you_so

Should MMA be an Olympic sport?

Only amateur

yeah, I wouldn't even complain if there was no ground and pound. Just striking and submission grappling. Full head gear, Shin pads, etc. Would be more of a sport then a fight which would suit the olympics better.

This is a good topic for your videos.

yeah' date=' I wouldn't even complain if there was no ground and pound. Just striking and submission grappling. Full head gear, Shin pads, etc. Would be more of a sport then a fight which would suit the olympics better.

This is a good topic for your videos.[/quote']

:) Thanks for the advice

Its would have to be amateur. Head gear, now knees or elbows to the head, and possibly wearing full head gear. Much like boxing. The olympics are an extremely safe competition.

No, it'd be too hard to sort out. Easy to get injury's, would have to where shin guards, kicks and punches to the head only, knee's to the body, no elbows at all, punches would still **** faces up, so they would kinda need head guards, but that would **** the grappling up. MMA in the olympics is a bad idea IMO.

no... there is no legitimate scoring system and the judging is left to the arbitrary opinions of three people... if they did make a stable scoring system they would probably have to make the fighters where sensors for the striking that would likely mess up during the ground game...

I'd rather see jiu-jitsu as an olypmic sport...

No-Gi. ADCC style rules.

This...and add BJJ that would be nice...I also wonder why Sambo is not in:confused:

The list would be

Wrestling

Judo

Kick boxing

Boxing

Bjj

Sub grappling

Karate

If that was the break down just imagin if one person won a few golds in more then one of the sports like a track guy...every promo would be tryin to sign this guy)

Who today could have a shot to pull this off?....I'm thinking

Maia (bjj,Sub G)

Palhares (see Maia)

Rousey (Judo,Sub Grappling)

Overeem (kick boxing,Boxing)

Barnett (sub G,Bjj)

Lyoto (karate,BJJ)

Lombard (Judo,Sub G)

Why? So they can bastardize it? You wanna see your favorite fighter wearing cushioned head gear? Knee Pads? Elbow pads? Over sized gloves? Hell no....They would all fight for points. No thank you.

Why? So they can bastardize it? You wanna see your favorite fighter wearing cushioned head gear? Knee Pads? Elbow pads? Over sized gloves? Hell no....They would all fight for points. No thank you.

I like the idea of people who know the fighters understand the difference between an Olympic competition and a pro fight. The Olympics is a widely accepted and celebrated sport. If mma were in the Olympics, a lot of people who stereotype mma as mindless cage fighting can potentially come to understand the true art of mma.

Consider the amateurish variety of Olympic competition, the people who are introduced to mma because of the Olympics would get their mind blown by the first ppv they order.

Well the world will not accept it as a legitimate sport as it is. Getting it into the Olympics would show people it is not just 'cage fighting' or a human **** fight. Plus I doubt Dana would allow UFC fighters to compete because it would risk his PPV cards. So it would open up the world to a new batch of fighters.

IMO, no.

Anybody who's trained MMA knows that you really can't compete with all the gear the Olympics would most likely make the fighters wear. I'm not a fan of the Olympics anyway.