Sign in to follow this  
BruteDion

do you actually think Sonnen is an all time great MW?

lol there are no "all time greats" at MW

Silva

Hendo

Franklin

That's bout it....those are the only worthy men of that kinda title...but to include Sonnen is to say no other MW was better then him

Silva

Hendo

Franklin

That's bout it....those are the only worthy men of that kinda title...but to include Sonnen is to say no other MW was better then him

What "great" things did Hendo do at MW in the UFC?

I mean the huggery is crazy enough to make this a funny thread...is Sonnen an top 10 all time MW?

top ten all time MW sure why not. He's beaten some good fighters and gave Andy a run for his money the first time around.

The 2nd time also

Nah the second time he got smoked. Andy was cool as a cumcumber even when Chael got the mount and Chael didn't land anything significant.

What "great" things did Hendo do at MW in the UFC?

Im counting outside the ufc aswell which includes hendos pride 185 title....they were not that great of guys he beat but a major promo title is still a major promo title to me

Silva' date=' Franklin are all we got.

Belcher is coming soon to an Octagon near you though :)[/quote']

Agreed...if he beats okami like I expect (did it get canned?) Then give him a top 5 guy

Chael has better wins at Mw than Rich Franklin....

Will not argue against that...Sonnen also has way worse loses...but franklin had a title...something that Sonnen has not had

Sonnen is good. Perhaps in the top echelon but he's a total psychopath and pretty much made his career with the Donald Trump school of marketting. Who know's where he'd be ranked if not for that.

He get's fights now because the UFC know's he can market for them. He shoots his mouth off and then loses and starts shooting his mouth off in a differen't direction.

He did beat Silva silly in their first fight so that's something.

I honestly think Sonnen would slaughter a busload of children if he thought it would help his career and he knew he wouldn't get caught. Everyone in the UFC wants to be known as "the psycho" but it's always the guy trying to pretend he's not a psycho that ends up being the real deal. :cool:

Regardless of his talent he'll always get good fights now because of the circus he brings to town.

Sonnen is good. Perhaps in the top echelon but he's a total psychopath and pretty much made his career with the Donald Trump school of marketting. Who know's where he'd be ranked if not for that.

He get's fights now because the UFC know's he can market for them. He shoots his mouth off and then loses and starts shooting his mouth off in a differen't direction.

He did beat Silva silly in their first fight so that's something.

I honestly think Sonnen would slaughter a busload of children if he thought it would help his career and he knew he wouldn't get caught. Everyone in the UFC wants to be known as "the psycho" but it's always the guy trying to pretend he's not a psycho that ends up being the real deal. :cool:

Regardless of his talent he'll always get good fights now because of the circus he brings to town.

Probably quite high, beating Bisping, Marquardt and Okami would leave anyone quite highly ranked.

Name 10 better

Sakuraba

Horn

Huas I got these guys at better than Sonnen all time.

Hendo

Wand

Silva

Weidman

Bisping

Mousasi I got these guys better than him now

Rockhold

Belcher

Belfort

Sonnen

Boetch

Stann

Okami

Munoz

So no, I got him at 13 at best. Might have forgoten some all time guys too.

I actually think Sonnen is ducking the MW division. He knows he can't hold his #2 status in the MW division anymore.

* Horn had his # with 3 victoies over Sonnen. Maia would own him again but dropped to WW. Could have thrown Franklin in the all time list but Le's recent KO of him kept me from putting him on there.

Probably quite high' date=' beating Bisping, Marquardt and Okami would leave anyone quite highly ranked.[/quote']

Yes, I would agree. He is good. There's more too it then that though. He's also 35 years old and has also been beaten twice by the champ so that tends to tarnish things a bit. In reality he's probably seen his peak when he wailed on Silva in their first fight. It's his mouth that keeps the dream alive.

I'm sure he'll be around long after his expiry date though.

Bisping lost that fight 30-27, you should know that by now. Judges dont score the fights for wall and stall type fighters, Lopez lost to Sadollah and Lawlor to Carmont.

That equates to the official result saying Sonnen won? lol

and the official stats. There's no argument for Bisping winning that fight because it looked like he lost when watching the fight live, the stats say he lost and the official decision was him losing.

End of the day sonnen is not an all time great MW!

And neither is Bissping. So glad you agree!

Many can argue that the first bout between Sonnen and Silva was not a valid testament to Sonnens skill and status due to the PED accusations and the rumor that Silva was injured. I feel that regardless, he dominated a guy that makes short work of most fighters. Perhaps Sonnen was having a "good" day and Silva was having a "bad" day but that could also be applied to any fight. Sonnen beat bisping, but barely, so maybe Sonnen was having one of his "bad" days and Bisping had a lucky rabbits foot. Im not a Bisping fan but hes trouble for any MW out there. Clearly Sonnen is a great fighter and entertainer, he sells fights and has alot of heart. All time great is a relative term, hes no chump thats for sure.

I mean the huggery is crazy enough to make this a funnythread...is Sonnen an top 10 all time MW?[/QU

MAYBE A TOP 10 ALL-TIME UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT(probably not) ONLY BECAUSE THE MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION WAS SO DAMN WEAK, IT'S GETTING BETTER NOW THOUGH.....PRIDE HAD SOME PRETTY MEAN MW'S SO IF YOU INCLUDE THOSE GUYS **** NO

Sakuraba

Horn

Hendo

Wand

Silva

Weidman

Bisping

Rockhold

Belcher

Belfort

Sonnen

Boetch

Stann

Okami

Munoz

So no' date=' I got him at 13 at best. Might have forgoten some all time guys too.

I actually think Sonnen is ducking the MW division. He knows he can't hold his #2 status in the MW division anymore.

* Horn had his # with 3 victoies over Sonnen. Maia would own him again but dropped to WW. Could have thrown Franklin in the all time list but Le's recent KO of him kept me from putting him on there.[/quote']

22342176.jpg

Sakuraba

Horn

Hendo

Wand

Silva

Weidman

Bisping

Rockhold

Belcher

Belfort

Sonnen

Boetch

Stann

Okami

Munoz

So no' date=' I got him at 13 at best. Might have forgoten some all time guys too.

* Horn had his # with 3 victoies over Sonnen. Maia would own him again but dropped to WW. Could have thrown Franklin in the all time list but Le's recent KO of him kept me from putting him on there.[/quote']

P4P worst list

I mean the huggery is crazy enough to make this a funny thread...is Sonnen an top 10 all time MW?

I am completely unbiased and I think arguments could be made that he is a top10 of all time. If it wasn't for Anderson he would certainly be reigning champ I think.