Sign in to follow this  
thesoulpower

My fellow criminals

Yes

If you lie and they run a background check and see that you lied you'll never get the job

Just be honest, you'll have a better chance of getting the job

Plus depending on the job you might not have to list it because some places only want to know if it was in the past 7 years

Yes

If you lie and they run a background check and see that you lied you'll never get the job

Just be honest' date=' you'll have a better chance of getting the job

Plus depending on the job you might not have to list it because some places only want to know if it was in the past 7 years[/quote']

It sucks I feel like it's stopping me from getting interviews. Do you mark misdemeanors even? They want misdemeanors I didn't think they cared about those.

It sucks I feel like it's stopping me from getting interviews. Do you mark misdemeanors even? They want misdemeanors I didn't think they cared about those.

I put everything that they ask for. They don't ask, I don't put it

I'm telling you man, it may keep you from getting some interviews...

BUT if they found out you lied your chance of getting that job is less than zero. NOBODY wants a liar working for them. People need workers they can trust

Your chances of scoring the job is much higher when your honest

The best way is to explain in the application that you were stupid and made a huge mistake and that it is not a problem because you have and will continue too keep your nose clean

Dunno, I have a clear background

My roommate is a convicted felon and he still worries about changing jobs even though his conviction was over 11 years ago. He got on board with my company just having been in our industry for so long none of the higher-ups gave a ****.

Our techs have to go through a horrible background check.

There are 3 felony tiers with them that you'll be unable to be hired depending on the nature - 7 years, 10 years and anytime

Most misdemeanors are 3 years

The clincher is they can't have more than two moving violations within 3 years. Even though they are using their own vehicles and insurance.

If they comeback "high risk" they're black listed from the whole industry until what ever charge drops off.

We lost 20% of our tech force when this was enacted .. We lost 13 year techs with us over speeding tickets.

We don't care about marijuana related simple misdemeanors but you definitely have to pass a drug test. Not optional

i havent had to fill out an application or apply for a job since i been convicted...like mentioned earlier tho, your better off being up front about it all...it will only come back to bite you in the ***...

Most places of employment only care if you're a convicted felon or not. I have a misdemeanor related to my ex wife and it was overlooked in the TWIC screening and their personal background screening. I was definitely concerned it may have some adverse affect on my clearance because I deal with homeland security, the coast guard, and other various marine traffic bureaus but it didn't in the end. If your "crime" is a class b misdemeanor or lower I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Most places of employment only care if you're a convicted felon or not. I have a misdemeanor related to my ex wife and it was overlooked in the TWIC screening and their personal background screening. I was definitely concerned it may have some adverse affect on my clearance because I deal with homeland security' date=' the coast guard, and other various marine traffic bureaus but it didn't in the end. If your "crime" is a class b misdemeanor or lower I wouldn't worry too much about it.[/quote']

As in you didn't say you had a misdemeanor? Also we don't have classes of misdemeanors in California I don't think.

I'm clean, homie. :)

I have no idea how I passed my drug test, though. I had smoked a week before the interview. I got hired on the spot and was scared about the test.

i havent had to fill out an application or apply for a job since i been convicted...like mentioned earlier tho' date=' your better off being up front about it all...it will only come back to bite you in the ***...[/quote']

Yeah I still work at my job I got during my conviction but looking for a new job to hopefully get more money!

get a degree

college mudda *****

Going to college bra.

I'm clean' date=' homie. :)

I have no idea how I passed my drug test, though. I had smoked a week before the interview. I got hired on the spot and was scared about the test.[/quote']

Depends on how much you smoked, how often prior to that session, your body fat composition, and how much water you drank. I'd assume it was a urinalysis and not a hair follicle test too, right?

I have no idea how I passed my drug test, though. I had smoked a week before the interview. I got hired on the spot and was scared about the test.[/quote']

I guess the title wasn't clear enough :rolleyes: I'm kidding I wish my crime was weed related they don't care about that **** in California.

lol i always **** with them whenever i have to give urine...it cracks me up..they hate it but if they are gonna hold me down im gonna get some enjoyment out of it :P

I put everything that they ask for. They don't ask' date=' I don't put it

BUT if they found out you lied your chance of getting that job is less than zero. NOBODY wants a liar working for them. People need workers they can trust

Your chances of scoring the job is much higher when your honest[/quote']

Yep yep, don't waste your time and the time of the potential employer by lying, if they bother to ask for criminal records then chances are they check it. If they don't ask up front they usually don't care.

Don't tell them anything.

If they didn't care, if it truly didn't matter to them, they wouldn't ask.

If you confess, then you might as well kiss your chances of employment good -bye. If they actually do a background check, it may not show up; some of these firms do shoddy work. Additionally, they (the employer) may do the background as a mandatory piece of work to be filed away, and not even check the results that have come in.

I was convicted of a felony for fighting a policeman when I was 17 years old. I have never gotten the job I was interviewing for after I disclosed my criminal conviction. I am usually smart enough to say nothing. I have passed many a background check. I have only been caught on two.

Do not let a conviction define you, hinder you or prevent you from turning your life around.

Yep yep' date=' don't waste your time and the time of the potential employer by lying, if they bother to ask for criminal records then chances are they check it. If they don't ask up front they usually don't care.[/quote']

I figured it cost too much for them to get a back ground check so they might not care if they are a smaller company. I think it actually hurts the economy for them to do checks like this. Whoever committed the crime served their time why should it matter? The government has said they are safe to society so who are they to judge you? These guys that commit a felony can potentially have years of not being able to find a decent job even if it was destroying mail boxes or something dumb like that.

I think the criminal check should only be able to tell if you have a current warrant for your arrest.

Depends on how much you smoked' date=' how often prior to that session, your body fat composition, and how much water you drank. I'd assume it was a urinalysis and not a hair follicle test too, right?[/quote']

Saliva test. I don't think those are effective. I smoked a **** load.

I guess the title wasn't clear enough :rolleyes: I'm kidding I wish my crime was weed related they don't care about that **** in California.

I meant my back ground is clean. I've never been in trouble with the law. I follow every law to a T.

lol i always **** with them whenever i have to give urine...it cracks me up..they hate it but if they are gonna hold me down im gonna get some enjoyment out of it :P

Lulz. What do you do?

Yes

Just be honest' date=' you'll have a better chance of getting the job

Plus depending on the job you might not have to list it because some places only want to know if it was in the past 7 years[/quote']

I put everything that they ask for. They don't ask' date=' I don't put it

Your chances of scoring the job is much higher when your honest

The best way is to explain in the application that you were stupid and made a huge mistake and that it is not a problem because you have and will continue too keep your nose clean[/quote']

Yep yep' date=' don't waste your time and the time of the potential employer by lying, if they bother to ask for criminal records then chances are they check it. If they don't ask up front they usually don't care.[/quote']

Do not listen to this advice, unless you want to lead a life of limitations and misery.

Do not listen to this advice' date=' unless you want to lead a life of limitations and misery.[/quote']

Rofl

Yes, because I live in a shack, have had no opportunities, and I am the definition of miserable

Lulz. What do you do?

well i always have a guy standing there watching me and then he makes me put it in the tube so when he goes to give me the tube i always act like im gonna spill it on them with a fake trip or something...they get so pissed...or i step up and im like im gonna burn a hole through the cup on this one even tho im clean...and i always make obnoxious noises and groans when im pissin....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEA MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHH...they havent drug tested me in a little bit tho so i guess it all works and they dun wanna deal with me cuz i always pass anyway :P

Exactly the title says Fellow Criminals I was just kidding tho.

Please' date=' excuse me. I'm very tired. LOL. Have to stay up though cause my favorite movie is on. :D

well i always have a guy standing there watching me and then he makes me put it in the tube so when he goes to give me the tube i always act like im gonna spill it on them with a fake trip or something...they get so pissed...or i step up and im like im gonna burn a hole through the cup on this one even tho im clean...and i always make obnoxious noises and groans when im pissin....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEA MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHH...they havent drug tested me in a little bit tho so i guess it all works and they dun wanna deal with me cuz i always pass anyway :P

LMFAO!!!!!

Don't tell them anything.

If they didn't care' date=' if it truly didn't matter to them, they wouldn't ask.

If you confess, then you might as well kiss your chances of employment good -bye. If they actually do a background check, it may not show up; some of these firms do shoddy work. Additionally, they (the employer) may do the background as a mandatory piece of work to be filed away, and not even check the results that have come in.

I was convicted of a felony for fighting a policeman when I was 17 years old. I have never gotten the job I was interviewing for after I disclosed my criminal conviction. I am usually smart enough to say nothing. I have passed many a background check. I have only been caught on two.

Do not let a conviction define you, hinder you or prevent you from turning your life around.[/quote']

Key words "convicted of a felony." That is the only thing most employers ask for. Most do not care about misdemeanors, traffic tickets, and parking tickets.

Just make something up. They decide well before they get to that part if they want to employ you or not (usually around the age and race question box).

u mad?

I'm surprised there are so many posters (good posters' date=' too) that are criminals on this forum.[/quote']

Criminal accusations, and convicted criminals are separate animals. My misdemeanor was classified as "Class B telephonic harassment." In other words, my ex wife was awarded a vehicle that had 5 payments left on it. She let every single payment go at least 90 days delinquent. Had repo men coming to my house looking for the vehicle on a daily basis, phone calls from her finance company at my place of employment daily... Etc... Etc. So my few phone calls I gave her to tell her to pay the damn bill were then used by her, a police dispatcher, to get me charged because she was feeling vindictive. I know not all "criminals" fall under these types of scenarios, but if you have a vengeful ex spouse, with law enforcement connections. It's very easy to end up on the short side of the stick, judicially speaking. Even if the charge is fraudulent.

Who has NOT been convicted of a criminal offense? I'm not talking about traffic tickets or misdemeanors.

I haven't, although I have committed small acts of crime, mostly drunk and disorderly, public urination, pretty sure those would count as misdemeanours.

Who has NOT been convicted of a criminal offense? I'm not talking about traffic tickets or misdemeanors.

Prob not a lot of people have more than a misdemeanor. That's all I got. Employers ask for that **** too tho.

I plead out to a non traffic related misdemeanor once - was handed a 30-day suspended sentence provided I didn't get in trouble for 2 years ... I didn't ... nothing shows up on my record or if you do a paid background check .. i checked