Sign in to follow this  
Junglebird

WTF is all this BS about GSP "Unable to play with his weight like Silva"??

I dont hate GSP.

But his weight issue with Silva is becoming more obviously excuse oriented than ever. The claims of Silva being a huge 230lb guy.. GSP saying he cant 'move' in weight like Silva can. These are excuses easily proved wrong with simple observation.

GSP says Silva weighs 230 and can 'play' with his weight? Really? So silva can fight at LHW. SURE! He fights at LHW by simply not cutting weight, the same as GSP fighting at MW if he were to not cut weight.

Silva's last fight at LHW he weighed in at 203lbs

20121012014959_IMG_0408.JPG

^^ yeah looks like he didnt cut weight at all. He was just 'in shape'

All this BS about Silva being a HW are foolish. Anyone can be a HW when you eat Burgerking and dont train for 6 months.

Meanwhile GSP looks like he cuts a big deal to 170, and has said he balloons back up to 190+ for the fight.

What up with GSP saying he cant 'Move up' Silva isnt 'Moving up' he's just not cutting down for his LHW bouts. GSP dosnt need more muscle to make MW... or even 178 for ****s sake, he just needs to not cut.

Silva is not putting on muscle for his LHW bouts then taking muscle off for his MW bouts, anyone that believes that is a fool, GSP knows this he's a smart fighter and knows how the game works, I dont understand why he uses it as an excuse.

So by GSP's logic, Silva is "playing" with his weight simply by not cutting water to make LHW. By that same logic GSP has been "playing" with his weight his entire career too. every fighter has.

This weight issue is becoming blown out of proportion due to GSP's use of it as a legit excuse and trying to make Silva seem like a Titan vs. him.

What do ya'll think

I dont hate GSP.

But his weight issue with Silva is becoming more obviously excuse oriented than ever. The claims of Silva being a huge 230lb guy.. GSP saying he cant 'move' in weight like Silva can. These are excuses easily proved wrong with simple observation.

GSP says Silva weighs 230 and can 'play' with his weight? Really? So silva can fight at LHW. SURE! He fights at LHW by simply not cutting weight' date=' the same as GSP fighting at MW if he were to not cut weight.

[img']http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20121012014959_IMG_0408.JPG[/img]

All this BS about Silva being a HW are foolish. Anyone can be a HW when you eat Burgerking and dont train for 6 months.

Meanwhile GSP looks like he cuts a big deal to 170, and has said he balloons back up to 190+ for the fight.

What up with GSP saying he cant 'Move up' Silva isnt 'Moving up' he's just not cutting down for his LHW bouts. GSP dosnt need more muscle to make MW... or even 178 for ****s sake, he just needs to not cut.

Silva is not putting on muscle for his LHW bouts then taking muscle off for his MW bouts, anyone that believes that is a fool, GSP knows this he's a smart fighter and knows how the game works, I dont understand why he uses it as an excuse.

So by GSP's logic, Silva is "playing" with his weight simply by not cutting water to make LHW. By that same logic GSP has been "playing" with his weight his entire career too. every fighter has.

This weight issue is becoming blown out of proportion due to GSP's use of it as a legit excuse and trying to make Silva seem like a Titan vs. him.

What do ya'll think

i agree with you 100%

at the end of the day, both fighters are going to weigh in at the exact same amount...if it's at 177, then both fighters weight 177 the day of the weigh-in. challenge yourself GSP, we know that Silva has a slight weight advantage by being heavier, but at the same time he has to cut more weight which could be extremely draining

GSP knows Silva would make a mockery out of him and trash his legacy, therefore he found his excuse, its crystal clear, now until Jones takes care of Sonnen, I hope Silva will face that wannabe sonnen of Weidman and clown him for 3 rounds and eventually get bored and humiliate him with a front face kick knockout and send him to the bottom where he belongs.

the bonnar fight was on short notice too so he didn't even have a full training camp. usually he's down to about 195-200 before a fight. (can't remember which dana white video blog it was but in one of them i remember anderson himself telling dana he weighed 198). i also remember watching another video where ed soares said anderson was walking around 194 before his fight with maia.

sometimes i can't tell whether people here are just uninformed or whether they just refuse to acknowledge facts.

I totally agree with you, its only 8 pounds for christ sakes. How can anybody have an issue with going up 8 pounds for one fight?? He would still need to cut weight to make 178, just not as much as he normally does.

A reporter or interviewer needs to call him out on this b.s.

And Condit is the same height as Silva.....

the bonnar fight was on short notice too so he didn't even have a full training camp. usually he's down to about 195-200 before a fight. (can't remember which dana white video blog it was but in one of them i remember anderson himself telling dana he weighed 198). i also remember watching another video where ed soares said anderson was walking around 194 before his fight with maia.

sometimes i can't tell whether people here are just uninformed or whether they just refuse to acknowledge facts.

exactly. this weight issue is almost non existent

GSP just fought Condit who is the same height as Silva, with nearly the same reach.

exactly. this weight issue is almost non existent

GSP just fought Condit who is the same height as Silva' date=' with nearly the same reach.[/quote']

And half Andersons skillset, at a lower weight class then a 178 catchweight

I think GSP's comments are over-the-top but there is some truth in what he's saying. Everyone's body is different, and some can shed a lot of excess water weight while others cannot. Some adult males (not fighters, just average guys) will see their weight fluctuate over a ten pound range in a single day, while others are fairly static. Each individual is going to have a different weight cutting ability. Silva has shown that he has a pretty impressive capacity for shedding water weight and cutting down. GSP, on the other hand, seems to be the type that gets stuck at a "set point" with his body. He has to work really, really hard to put on extra weight, and his cut down to 170 probably isn't as easy as some.

Weight cutting ability can change. Even though Rumble was famous for missing weight, he did make 170 many times. Everyone knows this was a HUGE cut for him. Eventually his body just wasn't having any more of it and he couldn't even make middleweight. Now he cuts to 205 because that's what his body will allow.

I believe GSP when he says he can't "play with his weight like Silva." I honestly don't think he can. However, his comments about Silva's weight are a bit ridiculous. Silva has admitted to weighing between 220 and 230, but that's between camps. He's probably in the low 200's before he makes the 15+ pound cut to 185. Some guys get heavy between camps (Rampage Jackson) and others, like GSP, don't.

Silva will have a definite size/weight/reach/height advantage, but GSP is exaggerating. In actuality, GSP will probably be giving up no more than 15-20lbs come fight day, not 50. Silva weighed in at 203 for his bout with Bonnar, but he did have to cut down to 205 when he fought Forrest. I'm guessing he'll get down to about 200lbs in training and make the cut from there, especially if it's a catchweight like 177lbs.

I think GSP's comments are over-the-top but there is some truth in what he's saying. Everyone's body is different' date=' and some can shed a lot of excess water weight while others cannot. Some adult males (not fighters, just average guys) will see their weight fluctuate over a ten pound range in a single day, while others are fairly static. Each individual is going to have a different weight cutting ability. Silva has shown that he has a pretty impressive capacity for shedding water weight and cutting down. GSP, on the other hand, seems to be the type that gets stuck at a "set point" with his body. He has to work really, really hard to put on extra weight, and his cut down to 170 probably isn't as easy as some.

Weight cutting ability can change. Even though Rumble was famous for missing weight, he did make 170 many times. Everyone knows this was a HUGE cut for him. Eventually his body just wasn't having any more of it and he couldn't even make middleweight. Now he cuts to 205 because that's what his body will allow.

I believe GSP when he says he can't "play with his weight like Silva." I honestly don't think he can. However, his comments about Silva's weight are a bit ridiculous. Silva has admitted to weighing between 220 and 230, but that's between camps. He's probably in the low 200's before he makes the 15+ pound cut to 185. Some guys get heavy between camps (Rampage Jackson) and others, like GSP, don't.

Silva will have a definite size/weight/reach/height advantage, but GSP is exaggerating. In actuality, GSP will probably be giving up no more than 15-20lbs come fight day, not 50. Silva weighed in at 203 for his bout with Bonnar, but he did have to cut down to 205 when he fought Forrest. I'm guessing he'll get down to about 200lbs in training and make the cut from there, especially if it's a catchweight like 177lbs.[/quote']

he isn't really playing with his weight that much. It's 8 pounds.... or 7 lbs... in all reality it's hardly noticeable. It's just excuses, you can tell he's scared.

I think GSP's comments are over-the-top but there is some truth in what he's saying. Everyone's body is different' date=' and some can shed a lot of excess water weight while others cannot. Some adult males (not fighters, just average guys) will see their weight fluctuate over a ten pound range in a single day, while others are fairly static. Each individual is going to have a different weight cutting ability. Silva has shown that he has a pretty impressive capacity for shedding water weight and cutting down. GSP, on the other hand, seems to be the type that gets stuck at a "set point" with his body. He has to work really, really hard to put on extra weight, and his cut down to 170 probably isn't as easy as some.

Silva will have a definite size/weight/reach/height advantage, but GSP is exaggerating. In actuality, GSP will probably be giving up no more than 15-20lbs come fight day, not 50. Silva weighed in at 203 for his bout with Bonnar, but he did have to cut down to 205 when he fought Forrest. I'm guessing he'll get down to about 200lbs in training and make the cut from there, especially if it's a catchweight like 177lbs.[/quote']

gsp says himself he is 190+ for fight night. So he is cutting 20+ lbs.

if Silva is 200 before cutting (203 for Bonnar fight) he cuts 15 lbs. to make 185.

I dont hate GSP.

GSP says Silva weighs 230 and can 'play' with his weight? Really? So silva can fight at LHW. SURE! He fights at LHW by simply not cutting weight' date=' the same as GSP fighting at MW if he were to not cut weight.

[img']http://www2.cdn.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/20121012014959_IMG_0408.JPG[/img]

What do ya'll think

So what your post really points out is that Silva is bigger and has a size advantage. You mentioned that Silva not cutting weight puts him at LHW and GSP not cutting weight puts him at MW. So if they fought at a catch weight, Silva would lose some and then gain for fight night and GSP would gain some at fight night, but Silva would gain more and still be heavier. Now that extra 10 pounds may not seem that much, but it's huge, especially if you are fighting Silva. With Silva's skills, he would be a "titan" against GSP when you factor in the size, weight, and skill. The only hope would be if GSP can take him down and hold him the entire fight and GSP knows this, which makes him hesitant for the fight.

So what your post really points out .

my post points out that GSP claims of playing with weight, Silva having 50lbs on him, GSP having to get muscle to make MW and Silva going up and down in weight being so amazing are all BS.

my post points out that GSP claims of playing with weight' date=' Silva having 50lbs on him, GSP having to get muscle to make MW and Silva going up and down in weight being so amazing are all BS.[/quote']

I agree, GSP is making an excuse so he doesn't have to fight Silva with this weight thing, but there is truth to the fact that Silva is bigger and has more skills, so in the end, I don't blame him for not running to Dana and demanding this fight happens. He doesn't want to go out lose and get embarrased.

Wish he would just come out and say "I don't want to fight Silva because I don't want to leave my weight class because I have a routine and even going up 7-8 pounds will screw up my routine and I don't like that"

He has already sort of said this by wanting Silva to be 170 when they fight so he doesn't have to change up his routine. If Silva wants this fight so bad, he should go down to 170 and just do it so GSP has no excuses.

So what your post really points out is that Silva is bigger and has a size advantage.

yeah, but its not a 40+ lb weight advantage that gsp (and almost everyone on this forum) is claiming that silva has on him. its 10lbs at the most.

Junglebird' date=' if Silva is so light, why can't he cut to 170?

They're really both *******, LOL.[/quote']

maybe he can, who knows.

The thread is about GSP's excuses. Dont ignore them.

maybe he can' date=' who knows.

The thread is about GSP's excuses. Dont ignore them.[/quote']

I don't ignore them. They're both *****es.

Silva, however, is the bigger *****. Calling out a smaller guy who he knows he can beat and wants HIM to come up. Yet, he won't fight Jones.

Silva' date=' however, is the bigger *****. Calling out a smaller guy who he knows he can beat and wants HIM to come up. Yet, he won't fight Jones.[/quote']

the jones fight is just another excuse.

I've already posted a link that Silva's intentions are to fight both of them, yet all people seem to focus on is protecting GSP by saying Silva is too huge.

excuses from fans are one thing. But from GSP they are played out and no longer hold significance, he has used the same excuses too long.

I present solid facts that GSP is infact not much smaller than Silva, and GSP just fought a guy practically the same size in Condit.

The fact that Silva "playing with weight" is just him not cutting water weight, which all fighters do.

The fact that GSP cuts more weight than Silva, and would just need to cut less weight to make 178, or 185 or whatever.

Some people get it.

But the only thing others can say are "Silva is too big" or "fight jones".

Its like elementary schoolkids arguing with the teacher by saying "no its not!"

yeah' date=' but its not a 40+ lb weight advantage that gsp (and almost everyone on this forum) is claiming that silva has on him. its 10lbs at the most.[/quote']

I agree it's not that huge of a difference, perhaps he say a few photos or heard about how a few times in his life, Silva got up to around 230 or something. He may have done that and had a gut and stuff but that's not normal for him to do that all the time. In another post, I said that come fight night it would be roughly a 10 pound advantage for Silva and that is a huge advantage given that Silva already has the advantage in many areas over GSP.

the jones fight is just another excuse.

I've already posted a link that Silva's intentions are to fight both of them' date=' yet all people seem to focus on is protecting GSP by saying Silva is too huge.[/quote']

Silva wants to fight and beat both, i'm pretty sure of it. He just pretends to be scared of Jones but he isn't. He admitted that it'll be the harder fight for him because Jones will be bigger, but he's not afraid to fight him.

Silva' date=' however, is the bigger *****. Calling out a smaller guy who he knows he can beat and wants HIM to come up. Yet, he won't fight Jones.[/quote']

He will fight Jones if Dana sets it up, he just wants to start with the easier fight first with GSP and then challenge himself with Jones.

It's coward talk. Anderson is getting heavier with every subsequent GSP interview.

The reality is, Anderson doesn't care about muscle mass and weight training nearly as much as the French turd does. And the difference is, Anderson can fight confidently without cutting weight, whereas GSP can't even entertain that idea.

See, Georges is a body conscious little girl who would only consider gaining muscle weight and keep his body fat static. That's the only reason why it would take so long for him to make the right gains (in his mind) for MW or even a 178 CW. He wouldn't feel secure until he was walking around at a solid 215lbs. That's also too much of a commitment when he knows he would get his *** handed to him and sacrifice his legazee.

I can't wait to hear what Dana has to say about this duck. He completely jumped the gun by underestimating Georges' quacking abilities and guaranteeing us that this fight was a go. It'll only make him look like a moron for hyping it up as much as he has and all his criticism about Mayweather-Pacquiao is gonna come back and slap him in the face.

I dont hate GSP.

What do ya'll think

+1 couldn't agree more

GSP is ducking the fight, has been ducking the fight for years, and will always duck the fight

That's a FACT

And there's not one GSP fan on here that has admitted it, pathetic

+1 couldn't agree more

GSP is ducking the fight' date=' has been ducking the fight for years, and will always duck the fight

That's a FACT

And there's not one GSP fan on here that has admitted it, pathetic[/quote']

I'm not the biggest fan, but i'm a fan and I admit he's ducking. He doesn't want to fight Silva, most people don't, only the ones that aren't afraid to lose. GSP is so deathly afraid of losing a fight that he doesn't want to really take this unless it's stacked in his favour.

I think if he lost a fight and didn't worry so much about his streak, then he wouldn't hesitate so much to fight Silva.

I say, let fighters who want to fight, fight. By fighters, I mean guys who want to go in there and just fight, without concern if they lose or not. I agree that they should put fun fights together, with guys who just want to fight and don't care. This is why I do like guys like Diaz, Penn, etc. They just want to fight and brawl and sometimes we need that in MMA to keep it exciting.

On the flip side' date=' Anderson is a coward for not calling out Jones.

It goes both ways.[/quote']

EXACTLY which under this places logic makes JDS king as there is no one above him

I know some people can't go up or down. I can not get more weight even though I would like to. So I can believe people saying it.

understandable, but this isnt an issue of GSP gaining or losing weight. He already has proven he can weigh between 170-190 whether he cuts or not.

On the flip side' date=' Anderson is a coward for not calling out Jones.

It goes both ways.[/quote']

If you can milk two lucrative superfights out of your legacy, you don't start with the bigger, tougher guy. You don't go from Jones to GSP, okay? You have to work your way up to the hardest boss like it's a ****ing video game. Everyone just makes more money that way and anyone who can't see that is a trailblazing retard.

If you can milk two lucrative superfights out of your legacy' date=' you don't start with the bigger, tougher guy. You don't go from Jones to GSP, okay? You have to work your way up to the hardest boss like it's a ****ing video game. Everyone just makes more money that way and anyone who can't see that is a trailblazing retard.[/quote']

you really think GSP will fight silva if he beats JBJ first?

hell no.

Silva fights GSP, then takes the other ultimate challenge in JBJ

So why the **** should GSP take that fight then?

He might as well fight Bendo using your retarded logic.

he has already fought the LW champ.

people seem to forget that GSP had no problem fighting the smaller champ a few years ago.

So why the **** should GSP take that fight then?

He might as well fight Bendo using your retarded logic.

Obvious retard is obvious.

Anderson is gunning for the top P4P fighters. He would go from the smaller guy to the bigger guy and meet 'em both at CW's. This was his plan and Dana loved it.

WTF would GSP fight Bendo when Bendo is a non-ranked no-name in the P4P debate? Just asking that question shows how dense you are. Elementary school or just stupid?

gsp says himself he is 190+ for fight night. So he is cutting 20+ lbs.

if Silva is 200 before cutting (203 for Bonnar fight) he cuts 15 lbs. to make 185.

my post points out that GSP claims of playing with weight' date=' Silva having 50lbs on him, GSP having to get muscle to make MW and Silva going up and down in weight being so amazing are all BS.[/quote']

I'm not disputing any of this. I just want to point out that the idea of some people being more able to manipulate their weight is correct, although GSP is exaggerating greatly on the differences between him and Silva.

I know some people can't go up or down. I can not get more weight even though I would like to. So I can believe people saying it.

That's absolutely true. The point is that GSP recently said he's 188 and has trouble straying far from that mark even between camps (he has also claimed to weigh much as 195). Silva can get much larger between camps on his Burger King diet, reaching up to 230. He gets down in the low 200's during camp, depending. He still had to make a tiny cut to 205 for Forrest, but not for Bonnar. The amount Anderson and GSP cut to make their respective divisions is roughly the same.

Ultimately though, it's a side issue. No one in the MMA community is going to deny that Silva will be the larger man in every respect and that GSP will need to overcome the size disadvantage. GSP just doesn't seem to want to do that, hence his overblown excuses. They could have a catchweight bout at 178 or 177, with Anderson cutting a few more and GSP several less. Part of GSP's gameplan will be centered around fighting a bigger guy. That's really all there is to it. I actually think Anderson has more to lose than gain in this fight. If he wins, he beat a smaller guy from a lower weight division. If he loses, the same applies in reverse. GSP has more to gain and less to lose. A win over Silva would be HUGE for him, and there's no shame in losing to a champion in a larger weight class who is widely considered to be the best fighter out there.

I would love to see a superfight and I hope it happens, but I honestly think Hen****s deserves a title shot first. If GSP can get past Hendricks, then set up the superfight. Anderson Silva can go film his movie in the time being.

he has already fought the LW champ.

people seem to forget that GSP had no problem fighting the smaller champ a few years ago.

hmmm JB. you know something, this is true.

GSP has fought like 4 LWs in his career, and participated in a superfight just like GSP vs. Anderson.......................

only it was GSP vs BJ Penn

hmmm JB. you know something' date=' this is true.

GSP has fought like 4 LWs in his career, and participated in a superfight just like GSP vs. Anderson.......................

only it was GSP vs BJ Penn[/quote']

Oh trust me, I haven't forgot it

It cracks me up that it never comes out of a GSP fans mouth LoL

The funniest part is that GSP was so scared of a LW in that superfight that he actually had to cheat, so pathetic

Oh trust me' date=' I haven't forgot it

It cracks me up that it never comes out of a GSP fans mouth LoL

The funniest part is that GSP was so scared of a LW in that superfight that he actually had to cheat, so pathetic[/quote']

if GSP actually steps up i hope Silva greases his legs so GSP cant get a TD.

kinda like how GSP greased vs the smaller man in his previous super fight.

I'd laugh my way to the grave

if GSP actually steps up i hope Silva greases his legs so GSP cant get a TD.

kinda like how GSP greased vs the smaller man in his previous super fight.

I'd laugh my way to the grave

Lmfao

You and me both

That would be glorious LoL

Damn' date=' this **** went silent real quick LoL

Weird[/quote']

cant argue with facts.

And unfortunately for GSP, the facts lean toward him being the duck in this situation.

gsp doesnt wnat to go up in weight because his size advantage at WW would be lost and also because he wants to continue defending the belt at ww.

What's puzzling to me is that so many people seem to think that Jones is gonna die by cutting to 195, but everyone still thinks Anderson is invincible at 177/8.

Even though it's a CW, fans and reporters only talk about the minimal size advantage that Silva would have and virtually no one has brought up the issue of a 38-year-old man cutting a whole lot of weight and possibly draining himself to fight a guy who's gonna have the easiest fight week of his life.

IMO, whatever effect that fraction of weight that Anderson holds over Grease Pierre on fight night will have, it's gonna be mitigated by the challenging cut he'll have leading up to it. That's the whole idea of the CW, anyway.

Agreed. GSP is a straight duck. Boring safe fighter that don't finish fights. He's obviously scared of Anderson and doesn't want to take the fight. Just SAY NO you ****ing *****. My lord. Beating around the bush like a ****ing virgin. All the GSP lovers is duckin' this thread as well cuz 'it ain't safe'. Monkey see, monkey do.

So with this fight more than likely not happening' date=' it'll be interesting to hear what Silva's fans say when the table are turned and Silva's the one ducking.[/quote']

the same thing.

Silva ducking Jones is lame too. but at the rate GSP pours excuses from his mouth about fighting Silva; Silva fighting JBJ seems more and more likely than Silva vs. GSP.

So with this fight more than likely not happening' date=' it'll be interesting to hear what Silva's fans say when the table are turned and Silva's the one ducking.[/quote']

Same goes that way, but I'm not a Silva fanboy though

The only difference is I don't think JBJ has called out Silva. I could be wrong though

Same goes that way' date=' but I'm not a Silva fanboy though

[b']

The only difference[/b] is I don't think JBJ has called out Silva. I could be wrong though

also, the fans have wanted this fight literally for years.

also, Dana has been pushing for this fight

also, GSP has fought LWs and has no problem being the bigger man

also' date=' the fans have wanted this fight literally for years.

also, Dana has been pushing for this fight

also, GSP has fought LWs and has no problem being the bigger man[/quote']

LoL

I was trying to be nice

the same thing.

Silva ducking Jones is lame too. but at the rate GSP pours excuses from his mouth about fighting Silva; Silva fighting JBJ seems more and more likely than Silva vs. GSP.

Anderson said he will fight Jones is Dana wants him too.