Sign in to follow this  
PunchBag

First UFC Event you ever watched?

What was the first UFC you ever watched and which fighter if any did you immediately become a fan of....

For me my first UFC event that i watched was UFC 98 evans vs machida

Became a fanof machida after seeing him KO rashad for the LHW title.

after watching it i aquired the rest of UFC from 70 upwards.

the first PPV that I ever bought outright was UFC66

I can't remember the first event I watched at a friends house etc.

The early UFC VHS tapes were a staple at my buddies house in the mid 90s (95-99 or so)

My first entire main card was also Evans vs Machida but I saw the Shogun vs Liddell fight before.

I also knew about Chuck Liddell and Fedor Emelianenko way before I started watching regularly. I used to watch K1 instead... I knew and watched Bonjasky, Schilt, Aerts, LeBanner, Buakaw, Hari etc. way before I started watching MMA

UFC 111 was the first PPV I bought. Before that I had only watched a ton of UFC Unleashed.

I remember watching Palhares tear some guys leg off, Carwin raping Mir and Hardy not tapping to a gross looking arm bar.

Don't think I've missed many if any since than.

I watched Wrestlemania the same day. :D

UFC 111 was the first PPV I bought. Before that I had only watched a ton of UFC Unleashed.

I remember watching Palhares tear some guys leg off' date=' Carwin raping Mir and Hardy not tapping to a gross looking arm bar.

Don't think I've missed many if any since than.

I watched Wrestlemania the same day. :D[/quote']

I watched 111 on UFC.com .. the stream went out during the Mir/Carwin fight AND during the GSP/Hardy fight ..

I almost started crying like a little ***** out of frustration

I have been watching since UFC 1. I still to this day have it on DVD and Blue ray.

i also have ufc 1 and 2 on dvd :) didnt think dvds were actually invented when ufc 1 took place. I rmember seeing ufc the early ones on the internet and friends showing me them but i didnt really take all that much notice of it, at the time it seemed mostly bums fighting when compared to boxing.

i also have ufc 1 and 2 on dvd :) didnt think dvds were actually invented when ufc 1 took place. I rmember seeing ufc the early ones on the internet and friends showing me them but i didnt really take all that much notice of it' date=' at the time it seemed mostly bums fighting when compared to boxing.[/quote']

I know they were for sure. I also remember DVR'ing it and watching Royce the next day still in disbelief at what he did.

The first I ever watched was #1 when a friend showed it to me.

The first and only event I ever attended was UFC 28.

I didn't become a serious fan until whatever UFC it was when Randy patted Tito on the bum. :P

UFC 81 lesnar vs Mir :D and proud of it soon after become a fan of the likes of GSP BJ Penn and most of the light heavyweights like chuck randy rampage etc,

Today I like any fighter with a bit of hype behind them eg johny Hendricks, JDS, I like the guys who finish fights.

UFC 1 to UFC 5 then I skipped till UFC 40 or so , maybe a ramdon fights here and there. After that I pretty much watched most of the events except for a few ones.

Ufc 1 on vhs.

Borrowed from my uncle.

Became a fan of royce gracie.

But only watched the first 3.

Then couple years went by got back into it during the first Ultimate fighter.

It was hard to watch ufc back in the early days, considering i was like 13, 14 yrs old.

Got into mma proper during the end of the tito / shamrock fued.

wow forget Griffin/Bonnar' date=' apparently Machida/Evans brought in all the noobs :D

remember watched either UFC 1 or UFC 2 with my dad and then didn't watch another fight till Liddel/Ortiz 1. Then got hooked with TUF1[/quote']

Lulz I said the first event I bought on UFC.com

UFC 1, I was hooked instantly. Can't quite remember Jim Brown's quote verbatim, but was along the lines of 'up until now we thought we knew what fighting was' after witnessing Royce turn people all different shades of purple.

First event I watched was UFC 94 St: Pierre vs Penn 2. I knew nothing about mma, the only fighter I knew of was Chuck Liddell.

I didn't really watch too many UFC events until I saw UFC 100. I remember watching a **** load of UFC Unleashed and just trying to learn who all the fighters were. Pretty much haven't missed an event since.

The first UFC I actually ordered though was UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez. That was a sick card with the main event and Mir vs Kongo. I remember having goosebumps during the stare downs between Kongo and Mir. One of my favorite fights to this day, seeing Mir put Kongo away in a minute.

When I look back though, I wished I would have gotten into watching UFC events earlier. There were so many good fights I missed out of seeing. Liddell vs Wanderlei or just watching Liddell in his prime or seeing couture make his comeback along with other fighters.

First event I watched was UFC 94 St: Pierre vs Penn 2. I knew nothing about mma' date=' the only fighter I knew of was Chuck Liddell.

I didn't really watch too many UFC events until I saw UFC 100. I remember watching a **** load of UFC Unleashed and just trying to learn who all the fighters were. Pretty much haven't missed an event since.

The first UFC I actually ordered though was UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez. That was a sick card with the main event and Mir vs Kongo. I remember having goosebumps during the stare downs between Kongo and Mir. One of my favorite fights to this day, seeing Mir put Kongo away in a minute.[/quote'] UFC 107 was the first event I payed for too.

The first was the first for me. UFC 1.

I was hooked from the start. But the last 2 years has turned into exactly what White said he wanted to prevent it turning into.

All about money. Sell a bad fighter to make him look elite against someone out of his league. After watching this long it's funny to watch new fans feed into everything they sell.

The peak was not actually in the UFC. The peak was Kimbo Slice. People were buying $85 jackets calling veteran UFC fans, "idiots" because we didn't believe he was the best P4P fighter in the world.

This happens over and over again but casual fans never seem to actually learn the sport and watch the talent. They like to parrot off anything Joe or White says.

The first one I bought was UFC 60 Royce vs Hughes just made me get all excited But the first event I ever watched was the first tuf final. I'm not afraid to say I started watching because of the show. I was 15 when it came out

I think the first event I ordered was 88 when up an comer rashad brutally ko'd chuck :(

For a few years before I had purchased Ufc 1-10 and 11-20 box sets. And pretty much every season of TUF.. and watched a lot of events that my mates had.

UFC 1. Watched a bootleg VHS tape and fell in love with it. Royce Gracie and Keith Hackney made an impression on me. But the first fighter that really made me a fan of the sport was Mark Coleman. Father of the ground and pound plus head butts!!

What was the first UFC you ever watched and which fighter if any did you immediately become a fan of....

First full mma card i watched was Ortiz vs Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter

flipping through channels I came across an episode of unleashed that had Forrest vs Bonnar 1 and I started getting and i had just started getting into the sport, mostly watched Unleashed and the ultimate knockouts they'd sometimes air on spike. I caught an episode of TUF 3 and loved every second of it. Seeing Tito crush Shamrock so easily honestly made me think he could beat anyone in the world.

Man have times changed

UFC 75, I couldn't have been more stoked for the unification of the LHW belt

i own TUF seasons 1,2,5,6,7 on dvd, tuf 1 is by far the best

the first fight i watched that really impressed me though was Sanchez vs Guida

I bought UFC 1-3 on a whim on VHS sometime in 2000. I was a senior in high school After that I looked into the more recent stuff. The first PPV I bought was UFC 43: Couture vs. Liddell 1. After seeing Randy take out the seemingly unbeatable (at the time) Chuck Liddell, I was hooked.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (as it was called at the time). I really wanted to see how a sumo wrestler did against a karate fighter, a tae kwon do guy against a boxer, etc. At that time I thought Karate (not realizing it's a general term covering several styles) was the most effective and devastating martial art and that wrestling was just something kids did in high school instead of basketball. I'd heard the term ju-jitsu before but thought it was something like ninjitsu, the "super karate" practiced by ninjas!

I was clueless, but then again I was 13 years old and didn't know much about anything. :D

Later in my teens I watched the first several UFCs, up to the boring Detroit superfight between Shamrock and Severn. I didn't get back into it until a few years ago - I believe the first post-Zuffa buyout UFC event I saw was UFC 86.