Sign in to follow this  
BispingTheBeast

Is Georges St-Pierre Demanding Anderson Silva Money for Anderson Silva Fight?

GSPSILVA.jpg

According to the welterweight champion, the answer is “no.” Or rather, not nearly as much as has been rumored.

On yesterday’s edition of The MMA Beat, Mike Straka of Fight Now TV reported that a source close to the welterweight champion told him that GSP was asking the UFC for $50 million to fight Anderson Silva.

Despite the fact that St-Pierre is currently on vacation in France, he dismissed the rumor during a recent conversation with 985Sports.ca. In his own words:

“I have not been informed of this, it is not true. Nobody told me about it and I am in France now. I have not seen the article and I will not comment.”

While $50 million is downright astronomical, I have to imagine that both fighters are going to ask for a small fortune (even compared to what they’ve been making per appearance) if this fight ever comes to fruition. St-Pierre seems reluctant to accept the fight, neither fighter can agree on what weight class the fight would be held at, and by the way, this fight is going to make a ton of money for the UFC. If it’s going to happen, it’s not going to be cheap.

Eh, who am I kidding? We’ve been talking about this fight since the rumored Pacquiao vs. Mayweather bout wasn’t just a punchline. I can’t be the only person feeling this way, right guys

Everybody who complains that Silva is ducking John Jones is a hypocrite. Why should he fight the bigger man if GSP wont.

And this is from a guy who likes Silva much more than GSP, but is laying money down that GSP will UD/GnP TKO Anderson.

Everybody who complains that Silva is ducking John Jones is a hypocrite. Why should he fight the bigger man if GSP wont.

And this is from a guy who likes Silva much more than GSP' date=' [b']but is laying money down that GSP will UD/GnP TKO Anderson[/b].

almost as funny as your AV

Another GSP troll thread. I guess Silva fans have important lives, spending all their time trolling against one of the p4p best fighters. That clearly doesn't hurt the sport right... uhhhh.

almost as funny as your AV

I honestly think GSP can take him. I think he can take Silva down at will, pass his guard and cut him with elbows from the top. And I think he can do this for five rounds if necessary. He does run a high risk of getting Serra-ed, and quickly, but he does have the Sport Killer in his corner to come up with a boring game plan to win the fight.

I honestly think GSP can take him. I think he can take Silva down at will' date=' pass his guard and cut him with elbows from the top. And I think he can do this for five rounds if necessary. He does run a high risk of getting Serra-ed, and quickly, but he does have the Sport Killer in his corner to come up with a boring game plan to win the fight.[/quote']

true MMA means anything can happen.

I tend to think GSP will get finished before he can outlast 25mins

Another GSP troll thread. I guess Silva fans have important lives' date=' spending all their time trolling against one of the p4p best fighters. That clearly doesn't hurt the sport right... uhhhh.[/quote']

31176708.jpg

true MMA means anything can happen.

I tend to think GSP will get finished before he can outlast 25mins

I used to think so too when Anderson was stuffing take downs from Maia and Leites, but after watching the Sonnen fights I began to think differently.

I used to think so too when Anderson was stuffing take downs from Maia and Leites' date=' but after watching the Sonnen fights I began to think differently.[/quote']

true!

but he did manage to stuff TD's from Sonnen and Bonnar.... both strong guys like GSP.

It seems like Silva is stronger than he looks, plus I'd bet the stand agaisnt cage strategy would work on GSP

true!

but he did manage to stuff TD's from Sonnen and Bonnar.... both strong guys like GSP.

It seems like Silva is stronger than he looks' date=' plus I'd bet the stand agaisnt cage strategy would work on GSP[/quote']

Bonnar isn't known for his wrestling and Sonnen's shots were scouted for the second fight and Silva was still taken down and mounted in the first round. GSP sets up his take downs much better and he's got a much more effective top game and submission defense than Chael.

Bonnar isn't known for his wrestling and Sonnen's shots were scouted for the second fight and Silva was still taken down and mounted in the first round. GSP sets up his take downs much better and he's got a much more effective top game and submission defense than Chael.

with what?