Sign in to follow this  
Trollsmasher

Mauricio Rua not thinking Jon Jones rematch, focused completely on Gustafsson

Unfortunately Shogun is retiring after this fight. You all heard it here, once Gustafsson picks him apart he'll call it a career. HE could still be at the top of the division but just look at his last couple fights, look at how bad shogun has looked compared to his prime fights. Hes still young which makes no sense... just doesn't train off the belly no more though....

Source: Mauricio Rua not thinking Jon Jones rematch, focused completely on Alexander Gustafsson

I can't wait only 4 more days.....

I don't think Shogun can beat Gustafsson. I think Gust is too lengthy for him, and will just pick him apart on the feet, but if it turns into a brawl. I can see Shogun getting to KO.

what u guys think?

only a fool would look past his opponent:D...Shogun via KTFO;)

Have been looking forward to this fight for months! War Gus!!

I have been leaning towards a Gus UD all the time, but I more and more feel like Gus is getting the RNC after dropping Shogun.

Shogun still a legend regardless of outcome though...

Shogun tko late in round 1. It'll look similiar to how he ko'd my boy machida. Alex likes to throw str8 punches then switch stances in the same place he throw the punch from. thus this is why it ends in tko victory for slogun

Shogun tko late in round 1. It'll look similiar to how he ko'd my boy machida. Alex likes to throw str8 punches then switch stances in the same place he throw the punch from. thus this is why it ends in tko victory for slogun

Slobum will be gassed by "late in round 1".

Gus via 2nd round TKO

Source: Mauricio Rua not thinking Jon Jones rematch, focused completely on Alexander Gustafsson

I don't think Shogun can beat Gustafsson. I think Gust is too lengthy for him, and will just pick him apart on the feet, but if it turns into a brawl. I can see Shogun getting to KO.

what u guys think?

:confused:

Unfortunately Shogun is retiring after this fight. You all heard it here' date=' once Gustafsson picks him apart he'll call it a career. HE could still be at the top of the division but just look at his last couple fights, look at how bad shogun has looked compared to his prime fights. Hes still young which makes no sense... just doesn't train off the belly no more though....[/quote']

Nahhhh ... if anything going to MW.

He gotta some "batlles" still inside LHW with Rampage, Lil Nog and even Machida 3.

I can totally see him going to MW

Nahhhh ... if anything going to MW.

He gotta some "batlles" still inside LHW with Rampage' date=' Lil Nog and even Machida 3.

I can totally see him going to MW[/quote']

I'm pretty sure Shogun said that he could not make MW.

Honestly, if Shogun shows up as he did the past two fights then it will sadly be time for him to retire at his young age... either that or seriously get a new training camp because he needs a serious training shake up.

Same as vera VS rua i can't pick a winner in this 1....Either way it goes i will be happy 1 thing i can say is rua has had the pride belt and all the fame.Gustafsson is still hungry....

what u guys think?

an inspirational post:rolleyes:

what u guys think?

I think Rua should focus on mixing in a salad between McDonalds runs... and get his *** down to 185lbs.

Shogun is going to get outpointed especially after the first round. He doesn't kick or move like he did pre-Machida. Either way I see a bout with Rampage in Shogun's future. Win win.