Sign in to follow this  
Trollsmasher

Yves Edwards on Stephens: "My mouth waters over this fight"

i got edwards via sub or ud. He'll control the striking, peppering jeremy the entire night. he'll go for the occasionally td just to throw jeremy off, but will end getting few, that nay end up in a sub loss for a worn down stephens.

Thug Jitsu my *****' date=' people don't remember how awesome Yves really is.[/quote']

+1

He's a very well rounded fighter in my opinion

And thug jitsu is p4p

If the Stout fight was anything to go by Stephens should KTFO him he hits much harder than Sam.

he expected the same pillow-fisted Stout, that we've seen the whole time in the UFC.

Stephens is one of those guys who never really improves and never really changes. He was young, he had a great record along with really talented hands and the gift of thors hammers in his fists but that's really all he's ever had and all he still has. Yves can work him, he has the skills to win this anywhere unless Stephens brings something unexpected or Yves just....eats a big shot and crumbles.

Stephens is one of those guys who never really improves and never really changes. He was young' date=' he had a great record along with really talented hands and the gift of thors hammers in his fists but that's really all he's ever had and all he still has. Yves can work him, he has the skills to win this anywhere unless Stephens brings something unexpected or Yves just....eats a big shot and crumbles.[/quote']

He's a pretty solid gate keeper to test all the guys coming up, I mean that in a good way.

I thought Stout actually killed Yves a while back? Good to see he's still breathing.

LoL

That KO was ****ing harsh!

LoL

That KO was ****ing harsh!

It really was. After that, I was honestly thinking "I hope I didn't just witness the first death inside the UFC" ... lol

Thug Jitsu my *****' date=' people don't remember how awesome Yves really is.[/quote']

True but lil heathen is a handful for Yves and it will be difficult for Yves to keep him at bay. I think he'll own him on the ground though if he can get it down. Playing stick n move on the outside is dangerous and i don't think he'll hurt Stephens unless he sets up a perfect head kick or knee which isn't that likely imo.

Yves is not the same fighter he once was. He's slowing down quite a bit and he never really had KO power in his hands. Very technical though

I love Yves though even if he hasn't been doing that good the past few yrs he's still one of my favorite fighters and i love the old school mentality. He's a true fighter.