Sign in to follow this  
freedom

Best rapper ever

that's just' date=' like, your opinion, man[/quote']

That's true...same can be said bout your thoughts on weezy though

I don't hate the guy but he cranks out a lot of ****** stuff just am much as he cranks out gems...his doing or the Studio Idk but his names next to it

Someone that doesn't pop up on peoples list at all is Method Man, he's been around since the start of golden era and still staying relevant.

KRS-One, Method Man, Guru, Nas, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun and Jay-Z to name a few.

Pretty much impossible to pick one as the best, would be better to ask for top 10's.

Someone that doesn't pop up on peoples list at all is Method Man' date=' he's been around since the start of golden era and still staying relevant.

KRS-One, Method Man, Guru, Nas, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun and Jay-Z to name a few.

Pretty much impossible to pick one as the best, would be better to ask for top 10's.[/quote']

Truth

Rakim is.my ****....I'd bump him over anyone on any given day

Never cared for meth as much...with the clan he's was good to me...with red man not so much

Rick Ross?

First came out yah...now he ****ing sucks...he's a gimick now...every other word is "uhhh"

Meek mills,ace hood are ok though...meek kills it sometimes

Truth

Rakim is.my ****....I'd bump him over anyone on any given day

Never cared for meth as much...with the clan he's was good to me...with red man not so much

My exact thoughts on Rakim, if there's one I may push up there above the others it would be him but that's just my opinion.

I kinda think that Method with clan was amazing but what I find is that the connection he has with Redman is legit, they go just as well together than any other duo I've seen, Blackout album was unreal.

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:577961?width=525&height=560&mindimension=324&crop=true&quality=0.85

/end thread.

Lil' Wayne and rapper should not be used in the same sentence unless it's, "Eminem is a better rapper than Lil' Wayne."

Rick Ross sucks, too.

Masta Ace

MF Doom

Sean Price

Deltron 3030

All **** on 95% of the big rappers now....its one of the biggest shame in entertainment today really

Proud to say I've seen Masta Ace and MF Doom live, got damn I loved living in Bristol, such a small city but we got the best music scene ever for every genre, somehow manage to get the best talents to perform here.

My exact thoughts on Rakim' date=' if there's one I may push up there above the others it would be him but that's just my opinion.

I kinda think that Method with clan was amazing but what I find is that the connection he has with Redman is legit, they go just as well together than any other duo I've seen, Blackout album was unreal.[/quote']

Yah...I'm not going to lie...they blend with eachother really good...many good rapper alone dont sound as good together

Look at kanye and jayz...kanye alone can rap(clearly better when he's not and doing his other sound) and we all know jayz can aswell...but when they are together on a rap song its not as good...I love kanye way more then jayz but when he's on a song with jayz I want him to shut up sometimes and many fell jayz has to come and save the song lol

Take the song Mercy" for.example...everyone can agree Kanye is the most talented guy on that track...but I have not seen anyone who feels he was not the worst part of that track...kanye just cant blend with another artist it seems

Meth (**** anyone for Wu can really) can blend with anyone it seems

Take the song Mercy" for.example...everyone can agree Kanye is the most talented guy on that track...but I have not seen anyone who feels he was not the worst part of that track...kanye just cant blend with another artist it seems

Meth (**** anyone for Wu can really) can blend with anyone it seems

And with Otis they completely bent over and ****ed all over Otis Reddings face, terrible song.

And with Otis they completely bent over and ****ed all over Otis Reddings face' date=' terrible song.[/quote']

Agreed...otis had nothing to to with that song...I felt it was a "look at what I can get away with" type of song....what they did to otis and that fine piece of machinery deserve's many hard shots to the nuts

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:577961?width=525&height=560&mindimension=324&crop=true&quality=0.85

/end thread.

Lil' Wayne and rapper should not be used in the same sentence unless it's' date=' "Eminem is a better rapper than Lil' Wayne."

Rick Ross sucks, too.[/quote']

You're using a recent pic of Eminem so no. He doesn't seem to be the same guy anymore, IMO.

He's just so different that I can't even listen to his new songs... some of his older songs like "The Way I Am" "Say Goodbye Hollywood" "Lose Yourself" had some of the best verses EVER. Now, sadly, Eminem is not even half the rapper he used to be

weezy is ****

+1. I can't stand him

You're using a recent pic of Eminem so no. He doesn't seem to be the same guy anymore' date=' IMO.

He's just so different that I can't even listen to his new songs... some of his older songs like "The Way I Am" "Say Goodbye Hollywood" "Lose Yourself" had some of the best verses EVER. Now, sadly, Eminem is not even half the rapper he used to be[/quote']

I agree that he isn't as good but that happens to a lot of musicians/rappers as they age. I think that their lives just kind of calm down and they run out of material plus being sober can really hinder a persons creativity if they are used to rapping or writing lyrics while stoned.

16 years and 7 solo cd's plus all of the other tracks he has been on is a lot and he has had an amazing career. He will always be in my top 3 if not my favorite.

You're using a recent pic of Eminem so no. He doesn't seem to be the same guy anymore' date=' IMO.

He's just so different that I can't even listen to his new songs... some of his older songs like "The Way I Am" "Say Goodbye Hollywood" "Lose Yourself" had some of the best verses EVER. Now, sadly, Eminem is not even half the rapper he used to be[/quote']

Have you heard Hell: the Sequel?!!

I agree that he isn't as good but that happens to a lot of musicians/rappers as they age. I think that their lives just kind of calm down and they run out of material plus being sober can really hinder a persons creativity if they are used to rapping or writing lyrics while stoned.

16 years and 7 solo cd's plus all of the other tracks he has been on is a lot and he has had an amazing career. He will always be in my top 3 if not my favorite.

I don't think Eminem has gotten worse by any means. Just what he is producing differs from expectation. Everybody gets older and if he still rapped about SS and MM Lp material it just wouldn't make any sense ..

I got into Eminem right when he broke big w/ Dre and and was instantly hooked .. the music fit perfectly into being 16-20 and a budding/full on drug addict.

I completely stopped listening to Eminem around the time i got sober (02 associated it wayyy to much with drug addiction) and never even listened to Encore' date=' Relapse or Recovery until this year.

Revisiting his music and listening to his own spiral downwards plus comeback I can easily still identify with my own life and his songs still evoke the same strong emotion as they did when I was a teenager.

Have you heard Hell: the Sequel?!!

^this

I don't think Eminem has gotten worse by any means. Just what he is producing differs from expectation. Everybody gets older and if he still rapped about SS and MM Lp material it just wouldn't make any sense ..

I got into Eminem right when he broke big w/ Dre and and was instantly hooked .. the music fit perfectly into being 16-20 and a budding/full on drug addict.

I completely stopped listening to Eminem around the time i got sober (02 associated it wayyy to much with drug addiction) and never even listened to Encore' date=' Relapse or Recovery until this year.

Revisiting his music and listening to his own spiral downwards plus comeback I can easily still identify with my own life and his songs still evoke the same strong emotion as they did when I was a teenager.

^this[/quote']

sober knows what's up.

Seriously, listen to this Em:

Despicable

Almost Famous

Nas

Big L

Eminem

DMX

Biggie

Jay-Z

Rakim

Tupac

Mos Def

Jadakiss

Wu-Tang

Talib Kweli

Big Pun

Currently:

Elzhi. One of the best lyracists ive ever heard.

Kendrick Lamar

J Cole

Lupe Fiasco

Game

Cassidy

Wale

XV

Big KRIT

Kanye

Stretch Money

Blu

Logic

Nas

Big L

Eminem

DMX

Biggie

Jay-Z

Rakim

Tupac

Mos Def

Jadakiss

Wu-Tang

Talib Kweli

Big Pun

Currently:

Elzhi. One of the best lyracists ive ever heard.

Kendrick Lamar

J Cole

Lupe Fiasco

Game

Cassidy

Wale

XV

Big KRIT

Kanye

Stretch Money

Blu

Logic

Applause.

And no one can convince me that Eminem is as good as he used to be. Even his flow is completely different (much worse now). In "The Way I Am" he was AMAZING.. now he seems to stutter and choke sometimes

But yeah, everyone has their opinion

top 5: being fair and no particular order

nas

biggie

2pac

rakim

krs one

my favourites

nas

jigga

biggie

pac

wu tang clan

Weezy over both those lists put together... it's the troof son

weezy doesnt break top 5

I don't think that he is in my top 20. Half of the songs he slurs words together until you can't understand him and live concerts are even worse.

Not necessarily the best but my favourites

Treach

Tupac

Bizzy

Andre 3000

Biggie is best P4P the fact you have NAS above Pac, Big and Em is ********.. they are top three as far as top 5 it goes

The Notorious B.I.G

Eminem

Tupac

Big L

Big Pun.

Period