Sign in to follow this  
UMCMMA

Roach says Marquez "Juiced" for fight

With there being much speculation about Marquez coming into this fight looking more cut than ever, Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach hinted at Marquez being "Juiced" for the fight. This was also brought up by Skip Bayless and agreed upon by Stephen A. Smith on ESPN first take.

I feel that the idea of this coming from Roach is totally outrageous after Manny, even though it was long ago. Skipped two weight classes in a short amount of time, just after starting to train with Roach. Simply put, Pacquiao, went from Flyweight to super bantamweight in under 3 months. Thats a solid 10 lbs, of obvious muscle, not including his weight cut. In 3 months? To me that is more suspicious than anything.

For Roach to start trying to slander Marquez name just because he knocked out Freddie's star fighter is both childish and sign of poor sportsmanship. Pacquiao and his entourage need to accept defeat and stop making excuses.

Have any drug tests came back positive? Plus, it doesn't change the fact that Manny got laid out and I guess it's impossible that Marquez was just highly motivated for the fight?

Have any drug tests came back positive? Plus' date=' it doesn't change the fact that Manny got laid out and I guess it's impossible that Marquez was just highly motivated for the fight?[/quote']

According to Roach it is. And consider that Marquez actually only weighed 1lb more than he did for his fight vs Mayweather

Roach is salty....juice or no juice' date=' that punch woulda put him to sleep either way...pacman got caught slippin at the end of the round...and he stayed down longer than some of my naps....[/quote']

^This

If you watch the punch in slow mo, it impacted so hard because of 2 things. 1.) It was a solid clean punch on the side of the jaw that probably pinched off Pac's Trigeminal nerve. 2.) His body weight was moving forward into the punch effectively doubling the punch's impact. It was a textbook hook/overhand punch KO.

Marquez brought in a strength trainer who was previously implicated in the Balco steroids scandal, and who was proven to have supplied steroids to such athletes as track star Marion Jones, who was caught using and stripped of her Olympic gold medals.

Marquez brought in a strength trainer who was previously implicated in the Balco steroids scandal' date=' and who was proven to have supplied steroids to such athletes as track star Marion Jones, who was caught using and stripped of her Olympic gold medals.[/quote']

So you're saying there may be true to this claim? I'm assuming you were routing for Pac?

So you're saying there may be true to this claim? I'm assuming you were routing for Pac?

I'm repeating what the announcers pointed out BEFORE the fight. He put himself in the same position Pacquiao was in after he beat Hatton by hiring a proven cheater.

Marquez brought in a strength trainer who was previously implicated in the Balco steroids scandal' date=' and who was proven to have supplied steroids to such athletes as track star Marion Jones, who was caught using and stripped of her Olympic gold medals.[/quote']

comon man...as someone who knows boxing you should know the punch that landed would have undoubtedly put anyone out even without PEDs...and you cant accuse someone of using peds because of that..if so lots of people in every sport may be guilty through acquaintances :confused:

comon man...as someone who knows boxing you should know the punch that landed would have undoubtedly put anyone out even without PEDs...and you cant accuse someone of using peds because of that..if so lots of people in every sport may be guilty through acquaintances :confused:

He hired a convicted steroids supplier and his body gained a significant amount of muscle, but you are right, there is no proof.

He hired a convicted steroids supplier and his body gained a significant amount of muscle' date=' but you are right, there is no proof.[/quote']

what im saying is steroids didnt knock pacman out...his own sloppiness did...juice or no juice that punch is putting anyone on their *** from a professional boxer...and why on earth would you publicly hire a convicted steroid supplier and use them? bottom line is there is no proof to those accusations(yet if ever) and even if he was/wasn't juiced that punch woulda left pacman on the floor for more than a 10 count cuz he dropped his hand and gave it to him...im saying even if he did come back positive for steroids or PEDs he got the better of pac and deep down even pacquiao knows it and knows he shouldnt have let that punch land...

I'm repeating what the announcers pointed out BEFORE the fight. He put himself in the same position Pacquiao was in after he beat Hatton by hiring a proven cheater.

Interesting. So whatever came of those claims after the Hatton fight?

Correct. Marion Jones among others. He has been busted doping countless others also.

The man has a horrid reputation.

Though whether Roach was making those remarks to try and deflect on his number 1 star being brutually knocked out is another story.

Interesting. So whatever came of those claims after the Hatton fight?

Nothing but talk. Just like in every sport, you pass the drug test, you are "clean." The thing about that is that it's a known fact that several MMA fighters use TRT legally, they have prescriptions to use it, but on fight night they pass the drug test and are considered clean.

Nothing but talk. Just like in every sport' date=' you pass the drug test, you are "clean." The thing about that is that it's a known fact that several MMA fighters use TRT legally, they have prescriptions to use it, but on fight night they pass the drug test and are considered clean.[/quote']

TRT treatments are hardly like taking anabolic steroids though. Typical treatments are between 100-200mg. A "normal" steroid cycle is 400-600mg.

TRT treatments are hardly like taking anabolic steroids though. Typical treatments are between 100-200mg. A "normal" steroid cycle is 400-600mg.

Different rules and procedures apply in boxing compared to say MMA.

that punch that ko d the pacman was the boxing equvilent of machida ko ing bader. Pacquiao lunged right into that straight. Everyone knew it was a matter of time before he went out from a shot like that

roach is just blowing steam

that punch that ko d the pacman was the boxing equvilent of machida ko ing bader. Pacquiao lunged right into that straight. Everyone knew it was a matter of time before he went out from a shot like that

roach is just blowing steam

It's possible that Marquez survived the beating he was taking in rounds 5 and 6 (before the KO) because he was stronger.

It's possible that Marquez survived the beating he was taking in rounds 5 and 6 (before the KO) because he was stronger.

As someone who was rooting for Marquez if he was on roids then I agree you can't justify a guy winning if he cheated, if you're taking that **** then you aren't your natural self and over rounds it can have a big affect on the fight and your capabilities are enhanced. Perfect punch or not it's still cheating.

However I haven't heard anything on him failing the drug test (however reliable they are) so nothing is proven and to me it's a legit win until then. Roach will obviously say this coz his wonderboy got put to sleep just months after Khan also did. It's been a real ****** year for Freddie.

Maybe or it could have made him slower carrying around extra weight his body didn't quite get acclimated too. Maybe he gassed more easily from the extra muscle mass etc. No way to know for sure. What we do know is he beat Pacman with skill and a well timed righthand. Pac got over confident made a mistake and walked right into it.

Also just because he hired a former Balco employee means nothing. It's pure speculation he's doping and is definitely Roach crying sour grapes.

Kyle Kingsbury hired Victor Conte himself to help him before. The guy knows how to test athletes regularly and see what defiencicies they have and what they need to re-tailor his diet/supplementation approprietely.

Now ofcourse even being associated with said individual is going to raise suspicion but that alone doesn't mean he's guilty of doping.

Maybe or it could have made him slower carrying around extra weight his body didn't quite get acclimated too. Maybe he gassed more easily from the extra muscle mass etc. No way to know for sure. What we do know is he beat Pacman with skill and a well timed righthand. Pac got over confident made a mistake and walked right into it.

Also just because he hired a former Balco employee means nothing. It's pure speculation he's doping and is definitely Roach crying sour grapes.

Kyle Kingsbury hired Victor Conte himself to help him before. The guy knows how to test athletes regularly and see what defiencicies they have and what they need to re-tailor his diet/supplementation approprietely.

Now ofcourse even being associated with said individual is going to raise suspicion but that alone doesn't mean he's guilty of doping.

listen to victor conte on rogans podcast. He gives a good detail of what he does for guys like kyle

listen to victor conte on rogans podcast. He gives a good detail of what he does for guys like kyle

Yep i watched that one. It was pretty interesting.

I also see him as slick and shady though. I wouldn't trust that dude that's for sure.

Yep i watched that one. It was pretty interesting.

I also see him as slick and shady though. I wouldn't trust that dude that's for sure.

but definitely brings more details about their cycling

but definitely brings more details about their cycling

Yeah it's funny he's so outspoken about putting tougher testing standards in place kinda pot meet kettle and all but he's right it's rather easy to get around if the person has even a little knowledge of what they're doing.

Yeah it's funny he's so outspoken about putting tougher testing standards in place kinda pot meet kettle and all but he's right it's rather easy to get around if the person has even a little knowledge of what they're doing.

especially the olympic testing committee