Sign in to follow this  
MMA_170

What the point?

i dont think it will help.

like women's boxing' date=' Basketball, and football. There wont be much interest.

but its MMA anything can happen![/quote']

true but i think ur rite. not much interest in it and I think the UFC will find that out

5 Star thread for that pic :D

Yeah WMMA is not as exciting but I will still watch, once the talent pool gets deeper it could become more interesting

I would think the point is to try and make UFC a 'everything under one roof' organisation. everyone moaned at the two lighter weights being introduced and while womens mma is still a small minority it is still an aspect to a growing sport that has some amazing athletes and while i dont expect a womens fight on everycard it will be interesting to see two top level fighteres going at it, male or female.

Does anyone see a point of bringing women into the UFC' date=' seriously 157 is headlined by women. Honestly its not as interesting[/quote']

Absolutely none. Ronda Rousey is head and shoulders above everyone in her division and so is Cyborg (even w/o the roids). It will be years before any women are capable of matching either one of those two. Until then they'll just be pulling women off the streets in the hopes of keeping either Rousey or Cyborg relevant. Guaranteed: heard here first. After Rousey defeats whats her name they're going to have to have a TUF show with women in order to keep Rousey busy. They'll probably convince Tate to be the opposite coach....otherwise Rousey will be stuck on the shelf fighting once a year having wiped out any relevant opponents.

Absolutely none. Ronda Rousey is head and shoulders above everyone in her division and so is Cyborg (even w/o the roids). It will be years before any women are capable of matching either one of those two. Until then they'll just be pulling women off the streets in the hopes of keeping either Rousey or Cyborg relevant. Guaranteed: heard here first. After Rousey defeats whats her name they're going to have to have a TUF show with women in order to keep Rousey busy. They'll probably convince Tate to be the opposite coach....otherwise Rousey will be stuck on the shelf fighting once a year having wiped out any relevant opponents.

It might be decades.

This whole idea is ****ed. It's not about WMMA this is about ronda being hot and marketable. She's about to carry an entire division on her own.

I'm fine with women in the UFC but why should I care if there is only one of them being promoted. There are only 2 other marketable fighters out there right now and one of those is retired and the other is suspended and not willing or not able to fight in ronda's division.

There are no fights to be made here.. so yeah, what's the point indeed..

Does anyone see a point of bringing women into the UFC' date=' seriously 157 is headlined by women. Honestly its not as interesting[/quote']

I?m more interested in the fact Dana stated categorically that women would never be in the UFC as long as he was around!

I?m more interested in the fact Dana stated categorically that women would never be in the UFC as long as he was around!

exactly, this is my only issue with them being brought into the UFC, I guess Dana jumped on the Rousey bandwagon hard, if Carmouche wins it really could kill the division I think, as crazy as it sounds, or at least it won't get as much hype and whatnot, having this female champion who wins by the same technique in the same round every fight is a good pitch for people deciding if they should buy a PPV

Oh an by the way, haven't seen you on the forums in ages man, nice to see you again!

exactly' date=' this is my only issue with them being brought into the UFC, I guess Dana jumped on the Rousey bandwagon hard, if Carmouche wins it really could kill the division I think, as crazy as it sounds, or at least it won't get as much hype and whatnot, having this female champion who wins by the same technique in the same round every fight is a good pitch for people deciding if they should buy a PPV

Oh an by the way, haven't seen you on the forums in ages man, nice to see you again![/quote']

Thanks! Yes I kind of get the feeling its film star favouritism

MONEY $$$$

WWE style,when that business was near dead,they started to bring in women and it has never looked back,it still flourishes today even though it is a sad sack entertainment business.

Not sure who will care about womens MMA,but then again i cannot believe anyone would pay to watch WWE.

Dana has been giving out gimmick titles for a while now, gave a belt to brock lesnar to get the WWF fans to buy some PPV's and now giving females a belt to sell some PPV's to the butch ***** scene.

i dont much care for womens sports in general

i remember back in the day i was a huge NBA fan, and when the WNBA came out, especially with all the hype behind Lisa Lobo being "the only woman that could dunk", i was highly interested in it

then the first ever WNBA game came on, between NY and LA, Lisa Loba was on a fast break all by herself, went for a dunk, got hung on the rim and fell on her ***

i watched a few other games after and realized that professional womens basketball was about the equivelant to watching a mens high school varsity team

not my thing

from the few fights i've watched in WMMA, they seem just as exciting/talented

sorry, but not for me