Sign in to follow this  
jayzee

Why we can't ban guns in the US...

So because it happens a lot in America it is ok and people should just accept it and not bother trying to solve the problem?

If there were no gun control in Norway chances are it would happen a hell of a lot more frequently' date=' so that proves gun control works. But please keep making up more ******** to back up the fact you feel you need a gun, it is entertaining.[/quote']

Doesn't work in Mexico.... They have the strictest gun laws on the planet and crime their is radically high. Why? Because no one has a gun to defend off the bad guys and the police our swamped.

Its about culture. Culture is key. We need to focus on the mental status of our culture. Not disarm us so the govt can possibly form a dictatorship. I fear this govt more than even the crazies.

yeah crime will always exist, that is a given. People will always kill, guns help people kill more effectively. Take away guns, take away the power to be as an effective killer. They kill less people. Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Gang bangers and emo's in the US kill more people with guns each year than the Taliban do.

theres a simple solution to prevent people from getting their guns and doing crazy stuff with them.

just pull out faster or use one of these

Tiger-Woods-New-Sponsor-Trojan-Condoms.jpg

Doesn't work in Mexico.... They have the strictest gun laws on the planet and crime their is radically high. Why? Because no one has a gun to defend off the bad guys and the police our swamped.

Its about culture. Culture is key. We need to focus on the mental status of our culture. Not disarm us so the govt can possibly form a dictatorship. I fear this govt more than even the crazies.

Well in Mexico the cartels rule the country not the government, that much is obvious. So the only control going on there is on paper.

theres a simple solution to prevent people from getting their guns and doing crazy stuff with them.

just pull out faster or use one of these

Tiger-Woods-New-Sponsor-Trojan-Condoms.jpg

Are you trying to say there will be less gun crime in America if black people use condoms?

Ban fire!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_the_Angels_School_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

and ammonium nitrate fertilizer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

Guns are not the problem.

Seriously. The SHES shooter didnt even get them legally. So how would tighter restrictions on gun sales have stopped that?

Captain hindsight is retarded sometimes.

The problem is mentally unstable psychos. Combat that problem first. No wait, it's so much easier to just blame guns and destroy the 2nd Amendment. :rolleyes:

yeah crime will always exist' date=' that is a given. People will always kill, guns help people kill more effectively. Take away guns, take away the power to be as an effective killer. They kill less people. Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Gang bangers and emo's in the US kill more people with guns each year than the Taliban do.[/quote']

They sure do and they aren't just going to hand over their guns. If you take guns away then people will just use bombs, knives, and other weapons to commit their murders which is what seems to be happening in the UK from a look at the stats.

Ban fire!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_the_Angels_School_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

and ammonium nitrate fertilizer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

Guns are not the problem.

Seriously. The SHES shooter didnt even get them legally. So how would tighter restrictions on gun sales have stopped that?

Captain hindsight is retarded sometimes.

The problem is mentally unstable psychos. Combat that problem first. No wait' date=' it's so much easier to just blame guns and destroy the 2nd Amendment. :rolleyes:[/quote']

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/shooting-lanzas-mum-prepared-worst-105544146.html

No but he had easy access to them.

They sure do and they aren't just going to hand over their guns. If you take guns away then people will just use bombs' date=' knives, and other weapons to commit their murders which is what seems to be happening in the UK from a look at the stats.[/quote']

Yep, but even then less people would get killed by knives than guns. I tell you I would rather take my chances against someone with a knife than someone with a sub machine gun. How about you?

Well in Mexico the cartels rule the country not the government' date=' that much is obvious. So the only control going on there is on paper.[/quote']

How do you think that happened genius? Your ignorance is enraging...

If there were no gun control in Norway chances are it would happen a hell of a lot more frequently' date=' so that proves gun control works. But please keep making up more ******** to back up the fact you feel you need a gun, it is entertaining.[/quote']

Yet again, ignoring historical trends and data lol.

Norway has NEVER in history had an issue with Mass Murders being common lol. just saying "In Norway chances are it would happen a hell of a lot more frequently, so that proves gun control works." ignores history all together lol.

See, some of you just refuse to face the facts that your ideas aren't anything new, and as long as you keep offering up ideas that are historical failures and expensive failures at that, we'll shoot them down.

Don't you hate it when you aren't the know it all you always wanted to be?

Yep' date=' but even then less people would get killed by knives than guns. I tell you I would rather take my chances against someone with a knife than someone with a sub machine gun. How about you?[/quote']

Someone who knows how to kill can do it just as easily with a knife as they could with a gun. You're not John Rambo there guy. You're some regular fat guy in the UK.

How do you think that happened genius? Your ignorance is enraging...

Yeah so that should be a warning to the US that if you allow an armed militia to have guns they can overthrow your government and be even bugger bastards to you.

Someone who knows how to kill can do it just as easily with a knife as they could with a gun. You're not John Rambo there guy. You're some regular fat guy in the UK.

Still, I stand a better chance against a knife than a gun. Your gotten too insults don;t mask the fact you are wrong and you know you are.

How do you know what their gun laws have stopped? There could have been dozens of guys who went metal and wanted to shoot up a school but couldn't because they couldn't get a gun. You are talking like Brevik was the only person in Norway ever to feel the urge to kill.

You assume a person with a knife would go around crowded public places and start swinging wildly like some with a gun would do. You guys are from the UK. Jack the ripper? Does it ring any bells? Ffs man...

this happened in China on the same day as the shooting.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57559179/china-school-knife-attack-leaves-23-injured/

23 kids attacked at a school in china, not a single dead.

Still' date=' I stand a better chance against a knife than a gun. Your gotten too insults don;t mask the fact you are wrong and you know you are.[/quote']

If you had a gun yourself your chances just increased even more!

Are you trying to say there will be less gun crime in America if black people use condoms?

you know what, i didnt think of it that way, but yes. i do think there would be less gun crime if more black people wrapped their meat before unloading it into the refridgerator

Still' date=' I stand a better chance against a knife than a gun. Your gotten too insults don;t mask the fact you are wrong and you know you are.[/quote']

LOL!!! No you wouldn't tubby. A trained killer, or even a criminal who isn't a retard isn't going to come at you 60'slasher movie style with overhand thrusts. You wouldn't even know they were there until you were bleeding out on the ground. Thanks for proving you have no idea what you're talking about.

LOL!!! No you wouldn't tubby. A trained killer' date=' or even a criminal who isn't a retard isn't going to come at you 60'slasher movie style with overhand thrusts. You wouldn't even know they were there until you were bleeding out on the ground. Thanks for proving you have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote']

Do you always think someone who holds a knife is a trained assassin? Paranoid much?

Do you always think someone who holds a knife is a trained assassin? Paranoid much?

Nope, I just know what I, and people I've worked with are capable of. It's not anything close to what you seem to think a knife attack would be.

Like I said' date=' a criminal who isn't a retard...[/quote']

Well yeah cause someone crazy enough to go postal in a crowd would obviously be a highly trained professional. I am starting to think your only combat experience is limited to Call of Duty.

I rest my case.

Would you like me to find cases where people were injured but not killed by a gun? I could find millions of stories.

The San Antonio shooting is a perfect example of how a good person having a gun to stop the bad guy can save lives.

You assume a person with a knife would go around crowded public places and start swinging wildly like some with a gun would do. You guys are from the UK. Jack the ripper? Does it ring any bells? Ffs man...

wow i expected better mate!

i think you guys still lead the pack on serial killers

Nope' date=' I just know what I, and people I've worked with are capable of. It's not anything close to what you seem to think a knife attack would be.[/quote']

Well there is a huge difference between a planned attack and someone just attacking people at random like the people we have been talking about do with guns. But keep on moving the goalposts to cover your stance on the matter.

Would you like me to find cases where people were injured but not killed by a gun? I could find millions of stories.

The San Antonio shooting is a perfect example of how a good person having a gun to stop the bad guy can save lives.

The San Antonio shooting as reported by a gun club. Yep no bias in that report at all.

Well there is a huge difference between a planned attack and someone just attacking people at random like the people we have been talking about do with guns. But keep on moving the goalposts to cover your stance on the matter.

Those attacks are premeditated jackwad...

A killer can also just make a bomb and blow everything up. Oklahoma City Bombing is case in point.

One of my IT teachers told me a little wisdom from along time ago.

There is no defense that cannot be brought down.

I say we have to instill morality back in this world or nothing else matters.

No one on the pro banning gun bandwagon wants to have a serious or logical debate about what to do with the state of a nation. They are not wanting to get to the true heart of the matter.

Pretty much here it is in a nut shell.

Anti-gun people - See what Europe has done with their gun laws, if Americas was more like theirs, their numbers it would be better!

Gun people - but Europe has never really had a mass murder issue when compared the the US. historically the numbers comparisons remain relatively unchanged.

Anti-gun people - That's irrelevant, their numbers are better.

gun people - they have always been better even before the gun laws. The number comparisons have remained relatively unchanged.

Anti-gun people - But it's better

Gun people - But statistically not really.

Anti-gun people - But it's gotta be because the numbers show them being better.

Gun people - the historical numbers have remained relatively unchanged.

Anti-gun people - but we don't know what the gun laws might be responsible for stopping!!

Gun people - statistically, not much.

Anti-Gun people - but your wrong because Europe has less mass killings with guns.

Gun people - *sigh* as they always have!

Circular arguments that lead nowhere. Despite the rapid rise in all levels of criminal activity in Australia rising after their gun laws were implemented, they'll still argue gun control works. Despite Canada considering just reniging all together on their recent gun control solutions because statistically it hasn't done much of anything to improve their gun related crime numbers, and again, in some areas it got worse, you will argue that it works. Despite the numbers showing that violent crime in Europe is no better than it's ever been and in some areas worse, they'll still argue till they are blue in the face lol.

Fact: Despite statistics proving them wrong, anti-gun people will believe that removing guns from good people will provide a safer and more stable world to live in. I mean the UN says so so it must be right. AMIRITE?

A killer can also just make a bomb and blow everything up. Oklahoma City Bombing is case in point.

One of my IT teachers told me a little wisdom from along time ago.

There is no defense that cannot be brought down.

I say we have to instill morality back in this world or nothing else matters.

No one on the pro banning gun bandwagon wants to have a serious or logical debate about what to do with the state of a nation. They are not wanting to get to the true heart of the matter.

How would you know, you are not willing to listen to what a pro ban supporter has to say. You instantly dismiss their opinions and solution with ridiculous hypothetical situations and ignorance. Maybe you have brain tinnitus from all the loud bangs down at the range or something.

Anti-gun people - See what Europe has done with their gun laws' date=' if Americas was more like theirs, their numbers it would be better!

Gun people - but Europe has never really had a mass murder issue when compared the the US. historically the numbers comparisons remain relatively unchanged.

gun people - they have always been better even before the gun laws. The number comparisons have remained relatively unchanged.

Anti-gun people - but we don't know what the gun laws might be responsible for stopping!!

Anti-Gun people - but your wrong because Europe has less mass killings with guns.

Circular arguments that lead nowhere. Despite the rapid rise in all levels of criminal activity in Australia rising after their gun laws were implemented, they'll still argue gun control works. Despite Canada considering just reniging all together on their recent gun control solutions because statistically it hasn't done much of anything to improve their gun related crime numbers, and again, in some areas it got worse, you will argue that it works. Despite the numbers showing that violent crime in Europe is no better than it's ever been and in some areas worse, they'll still argue till they are blue in the face lol.

[b']My opinon[/b] Despite statistics proving them wrong, anti-gun people will believe that removing guns from good people will provide a safer and more stable world to live in. I mean the UN says so so it must be right. AMIRITE?

Fixed.

Anti-gun people - See what Europe has done with their gun laws' date=' if Americas was more like theirs, their numbers it would be better!

Fact: Despite statistics proving them wrong, anti-gun people will believe that removing guns from good people will provide a safer and more stable world to live in. I mean the UN says so so it must be right. AMIRITE?[/quote']

Or try to argue that a mass murder shooting spree isn't premeditated. It's just a random act of someone throwing rage fits who just so happened to have guns in their car, and just so happened to go in high population building with little room for maneuvering, who happen to be suited up in paramilitary garb, who happen to kill themselves after they realize what they've done. :rolleyes:

It really is true. You can't fix stupid.

Fixed.

No, it's not fixed, despite being proven wrong statistically time and time again, you still argue the same tired old debunked points. Talk about someone throwing assumption into an argument as fact lol.

"Well we don't know what kind of mass murders the gun control laws in norway may have stopped." LMAO!

What if I told you the only mass murders to take place in Norway in recorded history happend AFTER their gun control laws took effect? How would that make you feel?

How would you know' date=' you are not willing to listen to what a pro ban supporter has to say. You instantly dismiss their opinions and solution with ridiculous hypothetical situations and ignorance. Maybe you have brain tinnitus from all the loud bangs down at the range or something.[/quote']

Because its not a solution!!! Your solution is government intervention and forfeiture of rights. Historically speaking, this has been about the stupidest mistake a citizenry can make.

I rest my case.

you cant rest your case on 1 incident. Gun ownership is a complicated matter which should be approached in that manner. Should people be allowed to buy guns? Yes and I plan on applying for my permit asap but there has to be a better way to do this though. A gun is a weapon that can kill fast and kill a lot of people. Such a weapon in the hands of the wrong person can cause a lot of damage. Can gun ownership be controlled? No, not in the case of the US. Should it be controlled? No.

I am so conflicted on this issue.

Or try to argue that a mass murder shooting spree isn't premeditated. It's just a random act of someone throwing rage fits who just so happened to have guns in their car' date=' and just so happened to go in high population building with little room for maneuvering, who happen to be suited up in paramilitary garb, who happen to kill themselves after they realize what they've done. :rolleyes:

It really is true. You can't fix stupid.[/quote']

What is the greatest irony in all of these mass killings?

it wouldn't happen to have anything to do with them being in GUN FREE zones would it?

Even the Ft. Hood shooting can technically be considered a gun-free zone. You can not freely carry your civilian weaponry around on ANY US military post without special permissions and permits. They are supposed to be always checked into your units armory, and have strict standards for transport to and from the armory. he knew damned well their wan no honest gun owner carrying their gun in that place when he drew down and went ballisitc.

No' date=' it's not fixed, despite being proven wrong statistically time and time again, you still argue the same tired old debunked points. Talk about someone throwing assumption into an argument as fact lol.

"Well we don't know what kind of mass murders the gun control laws in norway may have stopped." LMAO!

What if I told you the only mass murders to take place in Norway in recorded history happend AFTER their gun control laws took effect? How would that make you feel?[/quote']

What if I told you, no matter what you say, you are still wrong? :P

How would you know' date=' you are not willing to listen to what a pro ban supporter has to say. You instantly dismiss their opinions and solution with ridiculous hypothetical situations and ignorance. Maybe you have brain tinnitus from all the loud bangs down at the range or something.[/quote']

OKC bombing wasn't hypothetical... :D

Because its not a solution!!! Your solution is government intervention and forfeiture of rights. Historically speaking' date=' this has been about the stupidest mistake a citizenry can make.[/quote']

^Fact^ History does not lie.

Because its not a solution!!! Your solution is government intervention and forfeiture of rights. Historically speaking' date=' this has been about the stupidest mistake a citizenry can make.[/quote']

Well what is a Government for if not to run a country and do what is best for it's citizens? Jesus, Americans are like kids crying because their momma wants to take their toy knife off them in case they hurt themselves. Can't even see when they are trying to be helped, and can't see that sometimes they do not know what is best for them.

So Kev, if you had young kids and they wanted to play with a box of matches, would you a, take the matches off them before they hurt themselves and be called an overbearing, mean father or b, let them get on with it and hope they don't burn themselves because taking something off them is mean?

What if I told you' date=' no matter what you say, you are still wrong? :P[/quote']

I would say "Welp, that's one of the biggest contributors to the problem. No one wants to hear the truth when it proves their ideas wrong."

I mean heck, if I half look at the issue and possible resolutions I can determin that just simply analyzing crime numbers world wide, often times gun control countries appear to have a better control on violence. It's likely best to ignore historical data at that point.

No one wants to find out that the historical numbers completely debunk that idea as nothing more than an expensive failure that has left the citizenry open to be ruled by a tyrant or even worse, quickly crushed by a foreign invader. At that point it's just best to convince the citizens effected that it's a good thing, "hey look, our numbers are still better than theirs!" right?

So Kev' date=' if you had young kids and they wanted to play with a box of matches, would you a, take the matches off them before they hurt themselves and be called an overbearing, mean father or b, let them get on with it and hope they don't burn themselves because taking something off them is mean?[/quote']

Oooh, I want to answer this so I will.

I would warn them of the dangers of playing with matches and tell them to stop messing with them. If they refuse to listen, I'll watch from a distance and when they burn themselves I'll go all high school on them, and laugh while I pointed in their faces saying "told you so!!" I would then ban all matches and fire from my property.

Oooh' date=' I want to answer this so I will.

I would warn them of the dangers of playing with matches and tell them to stop messing with them. If they refuse to listen, I'll watch from a distance and when they burn themselves I'll go all high school on them, and laugh while I pointed in their faces saying "told you so!!" I would then ban all matches and fire from my property.[/quote']

And that is just what the government are doing with guns. So you are infact saying the government is right to ban guns. Thanks.