Sign in to follow this  
HEAVYD2117

Why is Diaz getting a title shot above Hendricks

I havent been following the UFC that closely but last time i checked Hendricks was on a 6 or 7 fight winning streak putting top contenders like Kampman to sleep and absolutelty begging for a title shot. Diaz beat a small, past it BJ Penn and then lost a split to Condit all the while telling people he was retired, getting suspended and he is done with fighting etc etc

How in the name of sanity does he then walk back in from retirement, suspension and a loss into a title shot!! Did i drop into a coma and miss him going on a streak that justifies putting him Hendricks and at least 5 other WW with better UFC records.

troll to your hearts content but seriously please someone enlighten me

cuz GSP wants to beat his *** and hasn't called anyone out his whole carreer except this time. He probly went to Dana and asked him this favor before he moves on to another challenge.

I mean.. I really don't understand what people don't get about it.

Most of the time people criticize GSP and go all "this is fight business G not a sport". When once in his whole damn carreer GSP calls out a guy because he wants to shut him up people go all confused "wtf is he ducking". No it's just that he's been hoping to beat his *** and the fact that Condit's win was controversial gave him just enough legitimacy to ask for it.

Fight is signed. Deal with it and move on FFS.

cuz GSP wants to beat his *** and hasn't called anyone out his whole carreer except this time. He probly went to Dana and asked him this favor before he moves on to another challenge.

Most of the time people criticize GSP and go all "this is fight business G not a sport". When once in his whole damn carreer GSP calls out a guy because he wants to shut him up people go all confused "wtf is he ducking". No it's just that he's been hoping to beat his *** and the fact that Condit's win was controversial gave him just enough legitimacy to ask for it.

:cool: ^^

Drawing skill > Fighting skill. Jones vs Chael isn't happening because Chael has the skill set to dethrone Jones and Diaz isn't fighting GSP for that reason either.

You sound like a doofus in the last part of that sentence, but what link you got to the first part of the sentence? If anything the fight isn't happening because it was just for show in the first place to boost ratings for TUF...the UFC has to or will need to show some semblance of sanity by denying the fight and so they dont further damage the reputaion of the organization and the 10 years it took to get it back on it's feet again.

I havent been following the UFC that closely but last time i checked Hendricks was on a 6 or 7 fight winning streak putting top contenders like Kampman to sleep and absolutelty begging for a title shot. Diaz beat a small' date=' past it BJ Penn and then lost a split to Condit all the while telling people he was retired, getting suspended and he is done with fighting etc etc

How in the name of sanity does he then walk back in from retirement, suspension and a loss into a title shot!! Did i drop into a coma and miss him going on a streak that justifies putting him Hendricks and at least 5 other WW with better UFC records.

troll to your hearts content but seriously please someone enlighten me[/quote']

It's the part of The UFC I don't agree with. This happens time to time but they see it as giving the fight fans what they want. There's a ton of Diaz fan boys and girls that haven't realized both Diaz brothers peaked 3 years ago. I think Dana sees lots of $$$$$$ with this fight. I said right after Hendricks won that he needed to step up the trash talk and cause some controversy because obviously that's what helps make fights. Hendricks needs to run his mouth VERY loudly. Also Hendricks will knock GSP out! GSP is the top ticket seller.

You sound like a doofus in the last part of that sentence' date=' but what link you got to the first part of the sentence? If anything the fight isn't happening because it was just for show in the first place to boost ratings for TUF...the UFC has to or will need to show some semblance of sanity by denying the fight and so they dont further damage the reputaion of the organization and the 10 years it took to get it back on it's feet again.[/quote']

What?

Arent you an angry little monkey

Drawing skill > Fighting skill. Jones vs Chael isn't happening because Chael has the skill set to dethrone Jones and Diaz isn't fighting GSP for that reason either.

I agree drawing skill and you are right to imply that this is the thing that the UFC seems to look at above all else

Fighting skill? Please elaborate i dont think he has proven he is even top 5 in UFC WW yet?

What?

You said Jones vs Chael wasn't happening because Chael has the skillset to hold down Jones which is ludicrous considering Jones has been on his back all of what???...no seconds. If he has it must been briefly, because I certainly can't remember any. )...I was mainly wondering what link you had to the fight not happening or are u just anticipating it won't happen?

You said Jones vs Chael wasn't happening because Chael has the skillset to hold down Jones which is ludicrous considering Jones has been on his back all of what???...no seconds. If he has it must been briefly' date=' because I certainly can't remember any. )...I was mainly wondering what link you had to the fight not happening or are u just anticipating it won't happen?[/quote']

gifs_04.gif

You said Jones vs Chael wasn't happening because Chael has the skillset to hold down Jones which is ludicrous considering Jones has been on his back all of what???...no seconds. If he has it must been briefly' date=' because I certainly can't remember any. )...I was mainly wondering what link you had to the fight not happening or are u just anticipating it won't happen?[/quote']

I meant these fights weren't happening because Chael and Diaz are the guys to dethrone the champs, they're happening because they can draw a larger audience.

I meant these fights weren't happening because Chael and Diaz are the guys to dethrone the champs' date=' they're happening because they can draw a larger audience.[/quote']

oh i c now that you've clarified....carry on.