Sign in to follow this  
thesoulpower

Calvin Johnson

Can't believe he beat the receiving yards for a season record.Still has a game to go. This guy will go down as one of the greatest ever. He has a good chance of beating Micheal Irvings 11 games with over 100+ yards in a game as well.

Can't believe he beat the receiving yards for a season record.Still has a game to go. This guy will go down as one of the greatest ever. He has a good chance of beating Micheal Irvings 11 games with over 100+ yards in a game as well.

anyone who breaks a jerry rice record is a monster

He's a Monster for sure.

You guys think he hits 2000 ?

I think he will.

he needs 108 i think so id say yes but we'll see. he needs to jump ship and go to the packers :)

he needs 108 i think so id say yes but we'll see. he needs to jump ship and go to the packers :)

I'd do the floppy chicken...

Down my street...

81 times...

Naked...

In an Ice Storm

Although I think Johnson is a great player, this record seems to mean less to me than when Rice set it. The rules in the league now are to the benefit of the passing game. The deck is stacked against the defense nowadays. Hell, with the way penalties are called, I'd throw bombs every play. If the receiver doesn't catch the pass, chances are a flag for defensive PI will be thrown. If the QB gets sacked, chances are a 15 yard roughing the passer flag will get thrown. It's a win win.

Although I think Johnson is a great player' date=' this record seems to mean less to me than when Rice set it. The rules in the league now are to the benefit of the passing game. The deck is stacked against the defense nowadays. Hell, with the way penalties are called, I'd throw bombs every play. If the receiver doesn't catch the pass, chances are a flag for defensive PI will be thrown. If the QB gets sacked, chances are a 15 yard roughing the passer flag will get thrown. It's a win win.[/quote']

Yep, you beat me to it. CJ is a beast, but it just doesn't seem right. Same with Drew Brees.

AP is the best RB in a pass heavy league. The Vikings are the only team dedicated to the run game. I don't find it that impressive, every defense is geared for the pass.

AP is the best RB in a pass heavy league. The Vikings are the only team dedicated to the run game. I don't find it that impressive' date=' every defense is geared for the pass.[/quote']

I don't think they are, all the good defences stop the run, or limit it to under 100 yards a game. The top 5 run defences in the NFL are 1. Tampa. 2. Denver 3. 49ers 4. Pittburgh 5. Houston

Those are 4 good defences and the Bucs, who rank 32nd against the pass, which explains why they rank well against the run, but the other 4 are considered to be the best, and all stop the run

The Texans offense is dedicated to the run as well. Their passing game is predicated on how well they can play action. If your run game stinks, all a play action pass is is a very slowly developing pass.

I don't think they are' date=' all the good defences stop the run, or limit it to under 100 yards a game. The top 5 run defences in the NFL are 1. Tampa. 2. Denver 3. 49ers 4. Pittburgh 5. Houston

Those are 4 good defences and the Bucs, who rank 32nd against the pass, which explains why they rank well against the run, but the other 4 are considered to be the best, and all stop the run[/quote']

True, but 2 of those defenses you named are also great against the pass. The top 5 pass defenses are 1) Pittsburgh 2) San Francisco 3) Seattle 4) Denver and 5) Chicago. All are good defenses, and all but one are contenders.

True' date=' but 2 of those defenses you named are also great against the pass. The top 5 pass defenses are 1) Pittsburgh 2) San Francisco 3) Seattle 4) Denver and 5) Chicago. All are good defenses, and all but one are contenders.[/quote']

I'd actually say 3 are contenders. Seattle, San Fran, and Denver.

I'd actually say 3 are contenders. Seattle' date=' San Fran, and Denver.[/quote']

I don't care for the Steelers either, but if they make playoffs they can be dangerous. Big Ben is good in the postseason and they have the best defense in the NFL.

I don't care for the Steelers either' date=' but if they make playoffs they can be dangerous. Big Ben is good in the postseason and they have the best defense in the NFL.[/quote']

They always seem to pull it out of their ***, but you never know in the NFL

Megatron is a beast!

On a side note' date=' Luck passed Cam Newton for the rookie passing yards record.[/quote']

cam had a better rookie year imo, ap probably wont break it now but i still think hes mvp

cam had a better rookie year imo' date=' ap probably wont break it now but i still think hes mvp[/quote']

Cam just played on a losing team. They were almost always behind, and he was able to pass all the time, and ran up his stats. Luck led the worst team in the league to the playoffs.

Cam just played on a losing team. They were almost always behind' date=' and he was able to pass all the time, and ran up his stats. Luck led the worst team in the league to the playoffs.[/quote']

cams rookie stats 310 517 60.0 4,051 21 17 84,5

lucks stats so far 325 599 54.3 4,183 21 18 75.6

so your wrong, lucks going to finish the year with over 100 more pass'es than cam, luck has a much better team than cam did also

cams rookie stats 310 517 60.0 4' date='051 21 17 84,5

lucks stats so far 325 599 54.3 4,183 21 18 75.6

so your wrong, lucks going to finish the year with over 100 more pass'es than cam, luck has a much better team than cam did also[/quote']

But Cam dropped back to pass a lot more then that, and ended up running. No matter what, wins equal sucess more then stats.

But Cam dropped back to pass a lot more then that' date=' and ended up running. No matter what, wins equal sucess more then stats.[/quote']

im saying cam had a better rookie year than luck idc that luck has a better team cam played better

im saying cam had a better rookie year than luck idc that luck has a better team cam played better

It's personal preference. Just like when I say Bill Russell was better then Michael Jordan, I will always take wins over hype.

It's personal preference. Just like when I say Bill Russell was better then Michael Jordan' date=' I will always take wins over hype.[/quote']

theres no question who the better player is tho lol

theres no question who the better player is tho lol

Luck is much better then Cam at everything except running. This year, Cam is worse then last year.