Sign in to follow this  
NogeraIsBrazil

Who Gets The Title Shot? Money Or Best Fighter?

When the UFC started, it was the best fighter.

We have seen the transition by the company that promised not to end up looking like boxing, basically end up looking like boxing.

We have all seen un-fair fights set up at this point and heard them sell the underdog as something he isn't.

Who is better here and who deserves the next shot at GSP?

Nick Diaz. 26-8 Fresh off of a loss and drug charges. The loss was to GSP's last opponent RECENTLY.

Hendricks. 18-1 Fresh off of a huge KO on an elite opponent.

Jake Ellenberger. 28-6 Fresh off of a win.

Hendricks beat Kampmann with a huge KO. Kampmann beat Ellenberger.

The obvious choice to the crown is Hendricks. But we really didn't need proof money dictates the sport did we?

money if zuffa can come up with a good reason to give them the shot (i.e GSP asked for Diaz, Sonnen stepped up and the fans wanted it, ect.)

And meanwhile the biggest money fight also happens to be the best and makes the most sense. I'm talking GSP vs Silva, but of course that didn't happen either. GSP ducked two guys at once and the UFC let him. They should have said, if you want big money fight Silva, otherwise you get Hendricks. The champs shouldn't have full reign over contender status.

When the UFC started' date=' it was the best fighter.

We have seen the transition by the company that promised not to end up looking like boxing, basically end up looking like boxing.

We have all seen un-fair fights set up at this point and heard them sell the underdog as something he isn't.

Who is better here and who deserves the next shot at GSP?

Nick Diaz. 26-8 Fresh off of a loss and drug charges. The loss was to GSP's last opponent RECENTLY.

Hendricks. 18-1 Fresh off of a huge KO on an elite opponent.

Jake Ellenberger. 28-6 Fresh off of a win.

Hendricks beat Kampmann with a huge KO. Kampmann beat Ellenberger.

The obvious choice to the crown is Hendricks. But we really didn't need proof money dictates the sport did we?[/quote']

Do you think most fans want either GSP, Silva, or Jones to move up in weight? That's boxing!

I think every real fight fan knows and agrees with you. The UFC is sadly chasing the money now and making up any excuse they can to justify it. Take solace in the fact that it never works out in the long run and will cost them over time. I doubt the casuals will rake in the money they're expecting, cause I wont be buying their trash, nor will the people I know.

Word of mouth spreads like wildfire...