Sign in to follow this  
josetplayer

Who do you think will be the coaches for TUF Mexico?

At the end of the day the coaches need to be / speak mexican with that being said logical options would be

Ulysses Gomez vs Joseph Benavidez at Fly

Ivan Menjivar vs Erik Perez at BW

Diego Sanchez vs Tony Ferguson at LW

At the end of the day the coaches need to be / speak mexican with that being said logical options would be

Looks like you've been working on your American

Ivan is from El Salvador i believe. and other 2 make sense to me

Dennis Bermudez

Dominick Cruz

Gilbert Melendez

Diaz Brothers

are among spanish speakers, not really sure about their ethnicity

LOL When did "Mexican" become a language?

I didn't know that the Diaz brothers were bilingual. Do they speak Spanish like they have a mouthful of rocks as they do in English?

There are a lot of American Latinos that don't speak Spanish, so just because someone has a Spanish/Latino last name doesn't mean he/she can speak the language.

I suppose they could cast a non-Mexican Spanish speaker in the role, although there is some prejudice among Latin American countries, with some nationalities believing they are superior to others. There's also the issue of accent... Spanish is Spanish more or less, but the accents and word choices are slightly different depending on country and region (think American English versus British English).

I didn't know that the Diaz brothers were bilingual. Do they speak Spanish like they have a mouthful of rocks as they do in English?

There are a lot of American Latinos that don't speak Spanish' date=' so just because someone has a Spanish/Latino last name doesn't mean he/she can speak the language.

I suppose they could cast a non-Mexican Spanish speaker in the role, although there is some prejudice among Latin American countries, with some nationalities believing they are superior to others. There's also the issue of accent... Spanish is Spanish more or less, but the accents and word choices are slightly different depending on country and region (think American English versus British English).[/quote']

i did mention in a comment that i do not know if for example condit or diaz knew any spanish, i know that just because their last name is latin does not necessarily mean they can speak spanish, and you are right spanish differs from different places in latin america but it would still be understandable, and way better then having a translator for someone who does not speak it.

However it be interesting to see if they do a Mexico Vs Us later on. then we can put Cain Vs Overeem.

the diaz brothers do not speak spanish.

Im not sure if diego sanchez does , but i ve never seen him doing a spanish interview.

In any case , I would love to see diego sanchez and nick diaz as coaches for the welterweight division ( even tough they dont speak spanish)

Now , if spanish was a must then and they need two coaches from the same division , i wouldnt mind seeing ivan menjivar an gilbert melendez , although gilbert's spanish is pretty rough

Cain vs Overeem (if Reem beats Bigfoot)

LHW and HW

^^This. If it can't happen, I'd love to see Buentello vs. Beltran just for the coaches' fight. I'm a big fan of both guys and it would be a war! Probably not big enough names for TUF though. :(