Sign in to follow this  
WarWest®

Will there ever be a UFC HW that defends his title more than 2 times?

Hopefully Cain can pull this off.

He's a much craftier fighter than Brock so against Reem, his wrestling should play a more significant part. He already showed he beat JDS and as for the rest... I think he's the most well rounded guy out there.

But time will tell... I thought he's going to have a long run the first time around...

He's a much craftier fighter than Brock so against Reem' date=' his wrestling should play a more significant part. He already showed he beat JDS and as for the rest... I think he's the most well rounded guy out there.

But time will tell... I thought he's going to have a long run the first time around...[/quote']

It's possible also

I'm waiting to see how the Cormier deal works out

I think Cormier would beat Cain

That would be the guy I would give the biggest chance to

then you sir are a very wise man :cool:

It's possible also

I see less chances of this fight happening than GSP/Silva :P

I think Cain beats Reem next then JDS in a rematch.

if Bigfoot beats Overeem he will prob have to face nelson and beat him too.

I think Cain beats Reem next then JDS in a rematch.

if Bigfoot beats Overeem he will prob have to face nelson and beat him too.

That would still only put him at 2 defenses though

I really think Cain will go on a tare he will most likely beat reem' date=' werdum, then JDS.[/quote']

What about Cormier?

I honestly don't think he beats Cormier

It's possible also

well what if the 2 best HW's are at AKA......Its very possible.......:cool:

What about Cormier?

I honestly don't think he beats Cormier

they both have stated that they will not fight each other. dc is going to 205 he might get an instant title shot.......

well what if the 2 best HW's are at AKA......Its very possible.......:cool:

They might be

I still am a fan of Reem and Barnett and a few others too

But Cain and Cormier do seem to be 2 of the top dogs right now

Of course Cormier still needs to get in the UFC and fight some of the top guys of course but he is top 3-5 in my opinion

they both have stated that they will not fight each other. dc is going to 205 he might get an instant title shot.......

Supposedly he's saying 205 or he'll fight Cain

Somebody was talking about it earlier but I don't have a link so I don't know how true it is

He's a much craftier fighter than Brock so against Reem' date=' his wrestling should play a more significant part. He already showed he beat JDS and as for the rest... I think he's the most well rounded guy out there.

But time will tell... I thought he's going to have a long run the first time around...[/quote']

he's got AO and a JDS rematch coming so it's not gonna be an easy road to keep that belt

he's got insane skill but i give AO a 50/50 shot and JDS about a 40% shot of winning the rematch...so we'll see

That would still only put him at 2 defenses though

Who would be next? There's no one worth Cain's time besides those two. I like Werdum, but I doubt he'll ever make it to a title shot.

It seems that any one of the top guys can beat each other as long as they don't get caught or can catch a guy like Cain did to JDS. If JDS wasn't such an idiot and actually kept his hands up instead of thinking he's Ali or Rocky or something, he may have had a better chance, but he eats so many shots.

All in all, I think it's going to be hard to have a long win streak at HW, they're all pretty good and noone stands out way above anyone else.

Everyone talks about him and his hands down but he was tired and it helped him defend the takedowns easier but on the flip side it left him open to strikes. It's also usually a lot harder for the opponent to measure distance and read his attacks but JDS didn't use his jab or cross enough and kept going for a lead hook, rear uppercut or overhand right. He had that side stance retreated too much and and loaded up telegraphing his intentions too much.

Lack of head movement was more of a problem then keeping his hands down.

Everyone talks about him and his hands down but he was tired and it helped him defend the takedowns easier but on the flip side it left him open to strikes. It's also usually a lot harder for the opponent to measure distance and read his attacks but JDS didn't use his jab or cross enough and kept going for a lead hook' date=' rear uppercut or overhand right. He had that side stance retreated too much and and loaded up telegraphing his intentions too much.

Lack of head movement was more of a problem then keeping his hands down.[/quote']

I think after he got tired from being dropped and beaten on, yes, he couldn't keep his hands up and have any head movement, but initially, at the time the shot that sent him down he was still fresh and just ate the punch. He tried to move back and avoid it but he couldn't, it his hands were up, he could have blocked that punch.

I agree though, his head movement really lacked, he just tried to move out of the way but with a guy like Cain, because he's relentless with his attack, JDS had nothing for him unless it was to try and knock him out. Bad game plan, unless he got lucky, he didn't have anything for Cain in that fight.

I agree about Reem... Cain will have a much better shot at beating him than Brock ever did. Brock's takedowns are shot pretty high, and Overeem just stuffed them with double underhooks and kneed Brock in his surgically repaired abdomen over and over. If you look at Overeem's K1 stuff, he uses that technique a lot and is pretty well versed in it. Besides, if/when Cain and Overeem fight, Cain will still care about MMA and want to be in the octagon (unlike Brock).

No. It's a HW curse. Which is also the reason why Jon Jones will finally lose once he moves up to HW' date=' especially if he becomes the champion.[/quote']

I'm beginning to agree. I thought JDS was going to be the champ for awhile... and now I'm thinking that Cain will be champ for awhile. Maybe the curse limits the HW champ to two title defenses before destiny says it must be lost.

No. It's a HW curse. Which is also the reason why Jon Jones will finally lose once he moves up to HW' date=' especially if he becomes the champion.[/quote']

Jones will lose at HW and it has nothing to do with a curse. He will find his lack of KO power, his reach/size being a non factor and not being able to dominate so easily in the clinch not to mention having to deal with people that have reach also and mega power that if they even land while he's blocking he'll still be in big trouble. He's gonna have problems with all of that.

He's basically going to have to Frankie Edgar everyone and hope he can get a freak hyperextending kick to the knee.

I don't see him ever becoming HW champion unless the top 7-10 HW's suddenly all die or retire.

Who would be next? There's no one worth Cain's time besides those two. I like Werdum' date=' but I doubt he'll ever make it to a title shot.[/quote']

Whoever the UFC puts in front of him

Just because a fan doesn't see anyone worth the champs time doesn't mean the champ sits around with the belt until said fan finds a worthy opponent

Whoever the UFC puts in front of him

Just because a fan doesn't see anyone worth the champs time doesn't mean the champ sits around with the belt until said fan finds a worthy opponent

I'm just saying that there's no one else at HW that can challenge Cain if he makes it through Reem and beats JDS in a rematch. Obviously he'll have to fight someone, but I can't see anyone else beating him if he walks through Overeem. Werdum seems like his toughest challenge, but I just don't see him making it to a title shot.

UFC-Fighter-Frank-Mir.jpg

He will NEVER make it to another title shot. It's over for Mir. He should call it quits. He's had a legendary career, and he should be content with that. He was the first to KO Nog AND the first to submit him. That would be enough for me.

I'm just saying that there's no one else at HW that can challenge Cain if he makes it through Reem and beats JDS in a rematch. Obviously he'll have to fight someone' date=' but I can't see anyone else beating him if he walks through Overeem. Werdum seems like his toughest challenge, but I just don't see him making it to a title shot.[/quote']

LoL

I knew what you meant, I was just talking ****