Sign in to follow this  
MMALivesHere

Dos Santos says he used wrong strategy, wants rematch ASAP

Former UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos (15-2) says he used the wrong strategy against Cain Velasquez (11-1) at UFC 155 and wants a rematch. Dos Santos lost a convincing unanimous decision to Velasquez, who reclaimed his position at the top of the division. Speaking from hospital after the fight, ?Cigano? said he was too worried about takedowns and should have used more Brazilian jiu-jitsu ? and he wants the rubber match badly. Read more?

?He was better and deserved the win, but I used the wrong strategy. I was too worried about his takedowns and didn?t protect my face, so he hit me. When the fight was on the ground, I should have used my jiu-jitsu more ? I trained it so much. But I just tried to get back up and it didn?t help me. But on the ground he is very good, very strong. I didn?t really connect with any good punches. It was disappointing, because I was feeling good, had an awesome training camp, everything was right. But that?s how fighting is ? I want (a rematch) now, soon. I won the first one and he got a rematch. Now I lost and I want my rematch. I?m saying I want this fight. I?ll get my belt back.?

From http://www.mmaliveshere.com

He needs to wrestle **** the **** out of Cain to win, His BJJ wouldnt do anything last night

And I ****ing hate wrestling

should have changed his strategy in round 1, cain was telegraphing the takedowns so much but the continuous pushing of the pace seemed to freak JDS out, im shaw he will learn from this and come back better.

Dos Santos says he used wrong strategy, wants rematch ASAP

Wait, holding your hands down by your waste and plodding around the cage like Brock Lesnar is a bad strategy?

Do tell..

Wait' date=' holding your hands down by your waste and plodding around the cage like Brock Lesnar is a bad strategy?

Do tell..[/quote']

Lol This.

Who knew that getting pounded into mush wasn't the way to go?

122912velasquez2-jpeg_060127.jpg

If his strategy was to lose every single round' date=' he executed it to perfection.[/quote']

lul what? junior stopped all of cains td attempts in the last round except for 1 and cain didn't do anything with it, also jds landed more power shots in the last round, and the 4th was pretty close as well however i could see how that one could go to cain but jds did win a round.

lul what? junior stopped all of cains td attempts in the last round except for 1 and cain didn't do anything with it' date=' also jds landed more power shots in the last round, and the 4th was pretty close as well however i could see how that one could go to cain but jds did win a round.[/quote']

50-45, 50-43, and 50-44. JDS lost every round on every judge's scorecard. He had a few moments in the fight, but not enough to win a round.

LMFAO!

Junior please pull your head out of your ***! You grabbed the fence twice and Cain nearly caught you in an armbar! You are not on Cains level! Even in Jui Jitsu.

Werdum, Cain or Overeem will bring this guy back to reality in his next fight unless they feed him that fat **** again for an easy gimmie fight to get his title shot again.

lul what? junior stopped all of cains td attempts in the last round except for 1 and cain didn't do anything with it' date=' also jds landed more power shots in the last round, and the 4th was pretty close as well however i could see how that one could go to cain but jds did win a round.[/quote']

LOLWUT?! :eek:

Ya OK buddy:rolleyes: Sure... JDS never even came close to winning any round! Blind nutthuggery is blind nutthuggery.

Cain will make him gas again

train your cardio or you will never beat him.

he needs a first or 2nd round knockout or the match is Cains, I said this before the 2nd fight as well.

LMFAO!

Junior please pull your head out of your ***! You grabbed the fence twice and Cain nearly caught you in an armbar! You are not on Cains level! Even in Jui Jitsu.

Werdum' date=' Cain or Overeem will bring this guy back to reality in his next fight unless they feed him that fat **** again for an easy gimmie fight to get his title shot again.[/quote']

Werdum would get KO'd worse than Reem did against Sergei. Werdum and Overreem are not on Junior or Cain's level. Overeem and Werdum had the most pathetic fight in MMA history.

Dude, are you retarded!? Go watch the last round again. Junior landed 3 or four uppercuts to the body, but Cain was landing really hard combinations. That one time he got him down, by the way, he was relentless with the ground and pound and spent about a minute on top.

Oh, yeah, and that kick to the throat was in the last round. It was def. Cain's round.

Werdum would get KO'd worse than Reem did against Sergei. Werdum and Overreem are not on Junior or Cain's level. Overeem and Werdum had the most pathetic fight in MMA history.

Cormier is gonna KTFO Junior into obscurity dude. He done got raped and Overeem would finish him in the first. His over-rated striking got exposed last night. Cain out boxed him badly.

Deal with it!:cool:

Cormier is gonna KTFO Junior into obscurity dude. He done got raped and Overeem would finish him in the first. His over-rated striking got exposed last night. Cain out boxed him badly.

Cormier would not stand with JDS. He is still the best striker at HW and Overeem is still the biggest over-rated cheat. Overeem's over-rated striking got exposed by Werdum. Cain made Junior gas from wrestling and Junior was still landing on him.

he cant expect to get it rite away. maybe after a win or two......

This ^

He didn't lose a close fight. He got totally dominated. He needs MINIMUM one more fight!

He shouldn't want it right away anyways. He is still in denial and needs to watch the tapes to see he got spanked badly and go back to the drawing board.

This ^

He didn't lose a close fight. He got totally dominated. He needs MINIMUM one more fight!

He shouldn't want it right away anyways. He is still in denial and needs to watch the tapes to see he got spanked badly and go back to the drawing board.

Quit bragging like a little kid dude.

i believe 2 more wins will get him another shot...especially if he destroys ppl like usual... junior and cain are monsters....junior will come back stronger

2 fights?Cain only had to fight big slow and out dated big foot.Give jds big foot and a rematch

You're way too far up Overdose's bummhole.

JDS' striking was not "overrated." JDS had more to worry than punches. A GREAT striker will sometimes lose to a good striker with great wrestling. A little worry about takedowns can and will make a great striker hesitate.

If you think Overdose would completely outclass JDS, you're far too wrong. Overdose has always had a bad chin. His head movement is non existent. His footwork is average at best. What Overdose has is a ****load of power and is a technical striker.

Junior has better footwork than Overdose. Junior has little head movement. Junior has more speed than Overdose. They're both very powerful striker's, but Overdose has more power. Junior has a better chin.

If you think Overdose would have an easy time with Junior, you must be munching on an Overdose manwich. The speed that Junior has would give Overdose tons of trouble.

There's just no way on Earth that Junior deserves a rematch anytime soon. He lost so decisively that he must wait his turn.

I'd pull Overeem out of his match with Bigfoot and put Overeem in with Cain, and put Cormier in with Bigfoot. That would make a little more sense.

And then have Junior fight the winner of Cormier / Bigfoot.

There's just no way on Earth that Junior deserves a rematch anytime soon. He lost so decisively that he must wait his turn.

I'd pull Overeem out of his match with Bigfoot and put Overeem in with Cain' date=' and put Cormier in with Bigfoot. That would make a little more sense.

And then have Junior fight the winner of Cormier / Bigfoot.[/quote']

I still want to see Overdose vs Junior or Overdose vs Cormier or even Cormier vs Junior.

You're way too far up Overdose's bummhole.

JDS' striking was not "overrated." JDS had more to worry than punches. A GREAT striker will sometimes lose to a good striker with great wrestling. A little worry about takedowns can and will make a great striker hesitate.

If you think Overdose would completely outclass JDS' date=' you're far too wrong. Overdose has always had a bad chin. His head movement is non existent. His footwork is average at best. What Overdose has is a ****load of power and is a technical striker.

Junior has better footwork than Overdose. Junior has little head movement. Junior has more speed than Overdose. They're both very powerful striker's, but Overdose has more power. Junior has a better chin.

If you think Overdose would have an easy time with Junior, you must be munching on an Overdose manwich. The speed that Junior has would give Overdose tons of trouble.[/quote']

Overdose as you put it LOL, would murder JDS in the clinch and do what Cain couldn't.

Finish him;)

Overdose as you put it LOL' date=' would murder JDS in the clinch and do what Cain couldn't.

Finish him;)[/quote']

Ooooh, just the same way he murdered Werdum in the clinch. Gotcha.

Ooooh' date=' just the same way he murdered Werdum in the clinch. Gotcha.[/quote']

Junior has to much pride in his stand up and wouldn't drop to the floor and but scoot like he has worms....

Soooo yes he would murder him in the clinch thanks.

I suppose you think Mir could beat Overdose still hey?

Baaaaaahaaaaahaaa:rolleyes:

Junior has to much pride in his stand up and wouldn't drop to the floor and but scoot like he has worms....

Soooo yes he would murder him in the clinch thanks.

I suppose you think Mir could beat Overdose still hey?

Baaaaaahaaaaahaaa:rolleyes:

Also Junior is much faster than Werdum and has better boxing and WAY more power. Werdum landed punches on Overdose. Doesn't that make you wonder what a more powerful striker would do to Overdose? Oh, never mind. We've seen what a more powerful striker does to Overdose in MMA. They put him to sleep.

Also Junior is much faster than Werdum and has better boxing and WAY more power. Werdum landed punches on Overdose. Doesn't that make you wonder what a more powerful striker would do to Overdose? Oh' date=' never mind. We've seen what a more powerful striker does to Overdose in MMA. They put him to sleep.[/quote']

Brock Lesnar was even landing on Overdose and busted him up.

Also Junior is much faster than Werdum and has better boxing and WAY more power. Werdum landed punches on Overdose. Doesn't that make you wonder what a more powerful striker would do to Overdose? Oh' date=' never mind. We've seen what a more powerful striker does to Overdose in MMA. They put him to sleep.[/quote']

Yeah... and we have seen what JDS, Brock and Carwin can do to your hero Mir LOL! Completely dominate him without breaking a sweat!:rolleyes:

Overdose would Uberknee his head clean off his shoulders!

Yeah... and we have seen what JDS' date=' Brock and Carwin can do to your hero Mir LOL! Completely dominate him without breaking a sweat!:rolleyes:

Overdose would Uberknee his head clean off his shoulders![/quote']

What does Mir even have to do with this discussion? Perhaps you have no retaliation to what I have said?

Or perhaps you show so much disdain for JDS because JDS could and might possibly put YOUR hero to sleep thus ending the hype of Overdose?

What does Mir even have to do with this discussion? Perhaps you have no retaliation to what I have said?

Or perhaps you show so much disdain for JDS because JDS could and might possibly put YOUR hero to sleep thus ending the hype of Overdose?

I already "retaliated" to what you said.:confused:

You said im too far up Overeems bumhole so I'm pointing out how you are too far up Mirs bumhole?

At least Overeem destroyed Lesnar like they were not even in the same league?! And Lesnar destroyed Mir in the same fashion. So I struggle to understand where you are going with this? I think you along with many will focus your buthurt on Overeem as hate now.

Carry on as you wish... I will have the last laugh like always when Mir fades into obscurity and JDS takes his spot as gatekeeper:D

You said im too far up Overeems bumhole so I'm pointing out how you are too far up Mirs bumhole?

At least Overeem destroyed Lesnar like they were not even in the same league?! And Lesnar destroyed Mir in the same fashion. So I struggle to understand where you are going with this? I think you along with many will focus your buthurt on Overeem as hate now.

Carry on as you wish... I will have the last laugh like always when Mir fades into obscurity and JDS takes his spot as gatekeeper:D

Overeem's win over Lesnar means nothing due to the fact that he was on PED's.

And in regards to the bolded, you sure seem like a proud JDS fan :rolleyes:

You've basically said nothing to defend Overdose. Deep down you know Overdose isn't as good as many make him out to be.

Overeem's win over Lesnar means nothing due to the fact that he was on PED's.

And in regards to the bolded' date=' you sure seem like a proud JDS fan :rolleyes:[/quote']

Lol.