Sign in to follow this  
Trollsmasher

Gegard Mousasi: "My stand-up is good enough to hang with anybody in MMA."

Gegard is down playing his standup skills. He is an elite K-1 striker that has beaten Hector Lombard, Mark Hunt, and Melvin Manhoef. He has over 30 fights and I can honestly say I never seen him get rocked.

Gustafsson is going to get mauled.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Gegard-Mousasi-My-stand-up-is-good-enough-to-hang-with-anybody-in-MMA.html

I hope so the only thing that makes me doubt he's top 5 is his TDD and that fight with Jardine I really thought he would have finished him.

Still I'm rooting for him in this fight hopefully he makes a run at the belt.

I can see so many people at LHW beating him. He'd fair better at MW. Even Bisping was considered a top fighter there...

People really thought he could beat Anderson as well. Made the Hendo and Vitor KO's that much sweeter.

I'm looking forward to this fight. Hard to predict what Gus will do. I'm thinking he will take him down.

GeGOAT won that fight against Queen Ho.

I think Mo won a fair decision by MMA's criteria today for judging but he def took the most damage. Pics after their fight vvv

069e69cb7982e5821b532f217fc7ad5b.jpg

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

He got outwrestled but dished out the damage. Its not a wrestling the match. The #1 criteria in MMA scoring is damage not control.

I think Mo won a fair decision by MMA's criteria today for judging but he def took the most damage. Pics after their fight vvv

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

He got outwrestled but dished out the damage. Its not a wrestling the match. The #1 criteria in MMA scoring is damage not control.

The judges disagree.

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

There is one problem with your argument. Damage is not a criteria in MMA scoring.

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

The judges disagree.

I know. Its an inconsistant, often times flawed scoring system.

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

There is one problem with your argument. Damage is not a criteria in MMA scoring.

Effective striking ==> Damage.

Mousasi is a great fighter and yes his stand-up is more than good enuff to hang with any mma fighter

he fought all over the world In asia in the eu plus in the stades so he brings allong lots of experiance

plus he use to train with enuff great strikers back in holland guys like Overeem and such

even mr bas rutten speaks good about him (lol) for now hahah.

But fact of the mather is he is new to the ufc when a fighter starts fighting in a other organisation its always

exciting to see what happends ..

I dont think its gonna be to big of a problem for him since he is use to fight out-side of his comfort zone

Skill wise he has enuff weapons to finish Gus As for as the wrestlin goes well thats always a risk

with fighters comming out of dutch gyms (wrestling over there is not to be compared with wrestling in the stades and in the ufc)

But he has bin over seas for a while now so it should be better now :)

So i still think gegard is gonna take this one (i could be wrong its his first ufc fight plus its in sweden )

Gegard-Mousasi.jpg

Effective striking ==> Damage.

Wrong. Effective striking = the # of clean, effective strikes landed.

Let's say that you have 2 guys striking and one is cut while also having a swelled up eye but lands twice as many significant strikes. So by your judging the guy who was cut should lose because he is damaged more. That is not the case in the current unified rules.

Mousasi landed a lot of strikes off of his back but by the current rules he still lost. Kind of like the Condit-GSP fight.

I find gegards striking to be overrated. He certaintly k1 elite level. All he did was beat kytaro who is a middle of the pack in k1. And in mma he beat superior strikers by taking them to the ground.

He wont get the title at either 185 or 205 but at 185 he would make it further as the power wrestlers at 205 will beat him