Sign in to follow this  
BruteDion

why should normal people not have high powered weapons?

Ok i see both sides of the equation and agree a lot with the anti and pro gun

But I have not seen a goog argument against the pro gun ideal of "govt may try to take over so we need equal fire power to defend ourselves"

I just see the point the pro gun side has right now...me myself I don't want everyone to have a sniper rifle,AK,AR-15,ect....but to me that point of "I need to match power" point is damn strong to me

In a world where our govt is taking our rights away more and more it does make since to me

Ok I'm not looking for anyone to keep telling me "yes I need my AK for when uncle Sam comes to take my house blah blah blah" I know...I get it...I just want to hear the anti gun side on how you should not let someone have this

No one NEEDS a Gun! ... and sure as hell dont need an Assault Rifle ... those are meant for One thing ONLY!

NRA people talking ... like listening to the Stupidest people in the world talk. They even walk around now with " Responsible Gun Owners " Tshirts ... like we care what we think you are.

whats Next ... " Responsible Bomb Owners " ...... " Responsible Nuclear Bomb Owners "

all of it meant to do one thing ... KILL ...

and NRAs Solution ... MORE GUNS!

and who walks around claiming to be Pro Gun ... just pathetic

so Your Pro Gun ?? ? Wait for some crazy Nut to kill your Kids ... or parents ... or any loved one and then tell us how Pro Gun you are!

It's really simple, if you want to own a high powered gun by all means DO, but just like someone who owns a pontentialy dangerous animal you should be accounted for it.

Ok calm down dude...im looking for logic here

And yes I have had family killed by guns...my 3 great uncles fought in WWII and one was killed

My next uncle was killed in front of me with a sawed off shotgun....over 20 bucks this man killed him...but I don't blame the gun...I blame the man

Now back to non emotional talk

Do u also think there should be no guns for everyone including the military?

It's really simple, if you want to own a high powered gun by all means DO, but just like someone who owns a pontentialy dangerous animal you should be accounted for it.

Agreed....but that's not the point here...I looking for anti gun people to try and shoot down (pun) the pro gun argument of "equal power defence"

Why should I be denied an AR simply because of a high round magazine and it shoots a .223?

Even if you give me a 10 round magazine, it only takes 3-5 seconds to reload. Cutting back on high capacity magazines doesn't solve anything.

My argument for why I should be allowed to have in AR is because they're fun to shoot and I'm safe with it. I won't have that right infringed because of one ****tard.

And if the government thinks they can take it from me, whoever comes to collect better bring body bags. Because **** will get violent quick.

in terms of gun control, I think pistols/shotguns are adequate for home defence. Rifles should be limited to people who hunt

in terms of gun control, I think pistols/shotguns are adequate for home defence. Rifles should be limited to people who hunt

Me personally I agree with this....I don't want anyone to have a AK

But as i said multi times already....I'm looking for a logical answer to why the pro gun argument of "equal power defence" does not work

But I have not seen a goog argument against the pro gun ideal of "govt may try to take over so we need equal fire power to defend ourselves"

I just see the point the pro gun side has right now...me myself I don't want everyone to have a sniper rifle,AK,AR-15,ect....but to me that point of "I need to match power" point is damn strong to me

In a world where our govt is taking our rights away more and more it does make since to me

Ok I'm not looking for anyone to keep telling me "yes I need my AK for when uncle Sam comes to take my house blah blah blah" I know...I get it...I just want to hear the anti gun side on how you should not let someone have this

Do you think the military is brainwashed enough to turn on their own people? I don't.

Do you think the military is brainwashed enough to turn on their own people? I don't.

Yes I do...it has happened often enough in history to not say "it could never happen"

Just look how often a police man kills and innocent...the military is even more disconnected from the general population to do the same a cop could

To me the "it would never happen" stance is the most common one but by far not strong enough

And it could not be so simple as us vs. The military...there could be a faction that has a problem with the govt itself and could want to defect...those defecter would have even less a connection with the population

I own a heat-seeking, laser Penis

Fact 1. males generate more heat than that of females

Fact 2. the human anus generates more heat than the vagina (female reproductive organ)

Verdict: your gay

Fact 2. the human anus generates more heat than the vagina (female reproductive organ)

:(

Agreed....but that's not the point here...I looking for anti gun people to try and shoot down (pun) the pro gun argument of "equal power defence"

The government has technology that surpasses what civilians have. If the military would not attack it's own people and would reject any orders of such from the government (in the instance it goes tyrannical), than why even reject a ban on assault rifles at all? Don't worry, most of the military will still protect you, right?

You can still use a shotgun or handguns for home defense. No one is taking away ALL of your guns.

If you wanted civilians to have equivalent defense to the government in the instance it becomes tyrannical, than why wouldn't civilians have access to nukes, tanks and so forth? Exactly.

real talk, when is the military going to enslave the population? I'm going with never

Exactly, so if that's the case - besides home defense, what are people so worried about? With home defense, you can use any gun(s) you want that are not assault rifles.

lol, p4p post, btw thank you for pointing out what a vagina is, I wasn't quite sure.

We have had a gun ban in the uk for years now and am yet to see any of the pm's going all Hitler on us yet, yeah most are complete clowns but they would still be clowns with or without an armed population.

We have had a gun ban in the uk for years now and am yet to see any of the pm's going all Hitler on us yet, yeah most are complete clowns but they would still be clowns with or without an armed population.

lol exactly. people need to get real...the military is not planning on enslaving their country

ultra facepalm

I have answered a few questions with the answer "it will never happen"

But that is not a true answer to this....has a military tried to take over a nation?...yes it has...and it will happen again

And if we are allowed to have what ever weapon we want we can defend ourselves better...and even though the military does have better tech then what the normal person could ever have, we have such a HUGE numbers advantage I would think we would win maybe lol

But i would also like to point out the other side of the argument....the civil was was pretty much an armed up rising....if the south never had military level weapons it never would have happen...I'm sure some members of govt. fell this way

I have answered a few questions with the answer "it will never happen"

But that is not a true answer to this....has a military tried to take over a nation?...yes it has...and it will happen again

And if we are allowed to have what ever weapon we want we can defend ourselves better...and even though the military does have better tech then what the normal person could ever have, we have such a HUGE numbers advantage I would think we would win maybe lol

But i would also like to point out the other side of the argument....the civil was was pretty much an armed up rising....if the south never had military level weapons it never would have happen...I'm sure some members of govt. fell this way

So you are going to rely on a mostly untrained civilian population to shoot down and take out military weapons like a black hawk helicopter or M1A1 tanks (as examples)? You'll win a few battles and than you'll eventually get destroyed. The South also lost the Civil War, by the way.

Yah I know they lost...that's not the point I was making...I was saying that if the south DIDN'T have military level guns they would not have tried to up rise to begin with I don't think

And yes I think there is a chance at victory...not all of the military would turn but even if most did our numbers would be so big compared to thiers...a lot of the population would die for sure but we could lose 100 of ours to thier 1 of theirs and we still could win (assuming morale would not be lost lol)

Yah I know they lost...that's not the point I was making...I was saying that if the south DIDN'T have military level guns they would not have tried to up rise to begin with I don't think

And yes I think there is a chance at victory...not all of the military would turn but even if most did our numbers would be so big compared to thiers...a lot of the population would die for sure but we could lose 100 of ours to thier 1 of theirs and we still could win (assuming morale would not be lost lol)

Do you feel we could still win if we just had to rely on the guns we have now against a partial military attack? With the 10 ammo limit now being imposed?

If a quarter of the military opposes us, why wouldn't the other 3/4th of the active military defend their nation they swore an oath to? It's all hypothetical at that point.

I don't own a gun at the moment but I plan to, I also don't believe our government will go all martial law on us and create a military state. That does not mean I believe that it can't happen, but through all of this I don't believe the government should be able to limit any further the weapons we citizens can own. Most serious weapons are off the table for us already and the numbers are not threatening enough to make this a valid point.

To those who say that they are only made for one thing you have a slight point but what about hunting or target shooting? Sure I don't need an ak-47 to hunt but that's my choice if I want to use one to do so! Hammers are made for one purpose but they are still used to kill and anyone can buy one, id rather be gunned down than shot. You can't blame the tool used in a murder as the tool is simply a tool you must lay the blame on the person. People will still be able to get guns unlawfully with a weapons ban in place and these people I'm sure won't be worried about harsher punishments.

So if you want to argue a different point I'm willing to hear it and debate with you as I won't say your opinions are invalid. But there really is no reason to ban these weapons. I am in favor of background checks and such things but as said if someone wants to kill they will find a way to do so. You may argue for a chance for less carnage by them not using an ar but who knows how many they could kill? Just look at virginia tech, anyway you look at it a loss of life is still a loss of life.

Mostly, no, but there are enough out there for things like Ruby Ridge to happen.

Mostly, no, but there are enough out there for things like Ruby Ridge to happen.

Already answered this

Yes I do think to could happen...has it not happened be4?...yes...it has happened in other nations be4 and it can happen again

But as i said...thats not what I'm debating here...I'm not saying it will or will not happen...what im saying is it COULD happen...and if it could we should be ready just in case

And on the point of the other side of the military protecting us....

We cant depend on them to protect everyone...it is much easier for an attacking party to determine the place of action then a defending party

As I said be4...I don't want people to have high powered weapons...but I still have not heard a credible argument against the "equal powered defence" ideal yet

Oh, I'm on your side. That question was a quote I was attempting to answer too. I'm against all forms of further "gun control." As a matter of fact I'd like to post a youtube video link to some compelling testimony given years ago. For some reason these stories never get told. People should know the consequences of disarming ordinary citizens. Not hypotheticals, but real cases.

If you have guns or don't have guns the government would crush you if they really wanted to, the gulf between the kind of weapons they have and joe public has is light years away from how similar the weapons the government and joe public had back in the independence and civil war days.

Do you really think if they wanted to go all Hitler on you the public with assault rifles would bother them when they have bombers, nukes, tanks ect? if they really wanted to they could take complete control of the country in a matter of months tops and you could do nothing to stop it the guns you have now are like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Why can we not just do that in Iraq, Afganistan, Vietnam, etc? I wonder why Ghadafi, Mubarack, and Assad didn't just crush everyone in one in their countries in a couple months? You can't bomb eveyone. Especially in a country with a land mass like the United States. Even if it was a losing propostion I'd rather have some means of fighing back. And to that I say why worry about our weapons if you think they're so inept?

If you have guns or don't have guns the government would crush you if they really wanted to, the gulf between the kind of weapons they have and joe public has is light years away from how similar the weapons the government and joe public had back in the independence and civil war days.

Do you really think if they wanted to go all Hitler on you the public with assault rifles would bother them when they have bombers, nukes, tanks ect? if they really wanted to they could take complete control of the country in a matter of months tops and you could do nothing to stop it the guns you have now are like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Why can we not just do that in Iraq, Afganistan, Vietnam, etc? I wonder why Ghadafi, Mubarack, and Assad didn't just crush everyone in one in their countries in a couple months? You can't bomb eveyone. Especially in a country with a land mass like the United States. Even if it was a losing propostion I'd rather have some means of fighing back. And to that I say why worry about our weapons if you think they're so inept?

what skullbone said.

If you could fight off just enough to escape its worth it.

If you could fight off so 1 person gets away, its worth it.

Because your in there world they are brought up to fight the way they do guerilla warfare, the American people just are not those kind of people. bomb a couple of the major city's and make a statement we ain't playing games. You wouldn't stand a chance, yeah you can put up a few pockets of resistance but it wouldn't last long, they would take control of the country in no time.

You'd rather have some means of fighting back and so would I. Well, the gun control proposal is NOT taking away ALL of your right to own and wield guns. You and I will both still have the opportunity to fight back against the government in the instance it will ever become tyrannical.

Because your in there world they are brought up to fight the way they do guerilla warfare, the American people just are not those kind of people. bomb a couple of the major city's and make a statement we ain't playing games. You wouldn't stand a chance, yeah you can put up a few pockets of resistance but it wouldn't last long, they would take control of the country in no time.

so your saying its impossible to make a run for it? to try and escape? we should just accept our doom if we were put in this situation?

You'd rather have some means of fighting back and so would I. Well, the gun control proposal is NOT taking away ALL of your right to own and wield guns. You and I will both still have the opportunity to fight back against the government in the instance it will ever become tyrannical.

once you give an inch it gives them the opportunity to take a foot later on.

once you give an inch it gives them the opportunity to take a foot later on.

I understand their point. It seems like paranoia to me and to them, it seems like being pro-active. Normally, I would say that being pro-active is a very positive thing in most aspects of life, except in the instances where it seems like paranoia...

If the government proposed to take away ALL ability to own guns, then we would hear a LOT more people complain and take action in the US.

Right now, we can still fight back with guns if we ever needed to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brought up in guerilla warfare? We invented guerilla warfare. That's just dumb. Everybody here isn't a fat idiot despite the perception.

Brought up in guerilla warfare? We invented guerilla warfare. That's just dumb. Everybody here isn't a fat idiot despite the perception.

Americans didn't invent guerilla warfare...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be even more difficult to fight back with single shots, pistols, and BB guns. Also, there's the whole issue of the Second Amendment trumping temporary knee jerk reactions of temporary polticians. We have an Amendment process. The problem is that no one wants to follow the proper procedure because they know they can't win an honest amendment process. That's the reason for all the tyranny talk.

When did the American public last learn or use any form of Guerilla warfare? we are going back to the battle for independence here.

You could fight of course you could anyone would but your assault rifles will make very little difference if they truly went rouge.

Guerilla warfare is also effective when those using have a better knowledge of the land something the American public wouldn't have.

It doesn't matter if it would make little difference or not!

Maybe they can wipe us out, put we're not gonna submit to tyranny.

Your point is invalid.

Just because it would be a near impossible task doesn't mean we should give up that right.

Your point is invalid.

Just because it would be a near impossible task doesn't mean we should give up that right.

pretty sure i said before my edit that you could of course try and most would. The point your missing is assault rifles or no assault rifles are not going to tip the scales so saying you need them to fight off the government is an invalid point.

I'd rather take my chances. You fellas can be helpless subjects if you want. All I'm saying is don't force me to be one too because of someone's irrational fear of firearms. Freedom. You choose not to. I choose to. Everybody wins.

Your point is invalid.

I'm 100% sure that the American public will not submit to tyranny. Except... this is not tyranny. Whenever the government become tyrannical, you will see the American people will use whatever force needed to remove that tyrannical government.

I'd rather take my chances. You fellas can be helpless subjects if you want. All I'm saying is don't force me to be one too because of someone's irrational fear of firearms. Freedom. You choose not to. I choose to. Everybody wins.

No one is saying that you should feel or be helpless. Not the American public, not the US government. No one. You still have access to firearms after this gun control reform.