Sign in to follow this  
sobercuban

UFC 156 **Official Discussion Thread** w/ Poll

Wtf!? Did you guys hear those scores?

Yeah, they weren't right. Glad the right man got the decision though

Does the Nevada State Athletic Commission supply the hallucinogens or Dana? 49-46? Are you ____ kidding me? Frankie had 4 & 5 for sure and I thought he had 3. If there was a six he would have finished it. What bull. I should not have paid for the PPV .. .first one in year and I will not be in a hurry again ... only because of the judges.

Sucks Creepy lost

Wanted Fitch to take it but he got dominated

Good for Bigfoot even though I picked against him

No comment on the patty cake fight

Good main event. Wanted Frankie but can't deny Aldo took it

Idk why you guys are complaining so much about the score. A win is a win, and Frankie really didn't do enough to win the 3rd anyways, even if it was close. I'm a huge Edgar fan, but he lost this one.

I gave Edgar round four and had a chance in the fifth but those litter patter shots don't do much in my eyes and I thought joe played it up way too much, Aldo was landing relatively even if not a little less but definitely with more power and that won in for me

I had it 49-46 but expected 48-47 because there were two close rounds in the third and fifth

I thought Frankie won, but it was damn close. Damage was probably the deciding factor, but if it went another round Frankie's cardio would have given him the victory.

Until Edgar decides he wants to finish fights this will always happen.

Pretty sure you can't simply decide the results of a fight. Especially if the other doesn't want to get finished.

War Aldo! Midget Jersey shore rocky wanna be got his own medicine x3 !!!!

i agree...Silva has power...so wtf was Overeems stadegy?...im still baffeled...he was ****y...hands down etc...he had 2rnds being ****y...****...now what?Dana is freaking now...all i can see now is JDS AGAINST CAIN....

Yeah, Bigfoot was great! Overeem was the classic bully who only lost because of his arrogance... and had to swallow it big time. Rashad looked like he was demoralized by Overeems loss or had a stick up his A___ or something, but didn't let go and got beaten good. Still, Frankie won on rounds, though he took more damage.

i agree...Silva has power...so wtf was Overeems stadegy?...im still baffeled...he was ****y...hands down etc...he had 2rnds being ****y...****...now what?Dana is freaking now...all i can see now is JDS AGAINST CAIN....

Agreed. Heem's strategery was off. He didn't show Hespect and with his chin he should have.

Nelson, Werdum, Hunt, Struve still in the mix. Cormier coming for Jones and maybe HW title if Cain can't hold on to it. They need to sign Barnett pronto if they haven't already.

Agreed. Heem's strategery was off. He didn't show Hespect and with his chin he should have.

Nelson, Werdum, Hunt, Struve still in the mix. Cormier coming for Jones and maybe HW title if Cain can't hold on to it. They need to sign Barnett pronto if they haven't already.

I agree...what a ****ed up night

Keys to my crappy pick results tonight.

1. Dunham stuffing Tibao - I thought Tibao would easily Overpower and hold Dunham down.

2. Underestimated Maia's wrestling and strength.

3. I know Alistair could have Cracked that Coconut, but I also knew he had a Glass Jaw. Who knew he would be more Over confident without the Juice.

4. I have always seen as Evans as the fighter he was at Jackson's. Tonight he was crap. He needs to get with a Legit camp before it is to late.

5. I thought Edgar coming down to FW, that he would be bigger than Aldo mass wise. Seeing them both in the Cage, I was wrong. Aldo is a Huge, FW. He truly belongs at LW. I expected a bigger Edgar to Overpower and match speed with Aldo. Only the speed was there.

I am going to take tonight as a learning experience. NO MORE ASSUMPTIONS.

Overeem messed up he should have came out blasting the biggest mistake he made apart from not keeping his hands up is going to the ground and wasting energy. I guessed big foots strategy mid way thru the first, expand as little energy as possible attacking of defending then attack in the 3rd round when Reem gasses his gameplan worked perfectly.

JohnnyZadar said:

i agree...Silva has power...so wtf was Overeems stadegy?...im still baffeled...he was ****y...hands down etc...he had 2rnds being ****y...******...now what?Dana is freaking now...all i can see now is JDS AGAINST CAIN....

Overeem was overweight, slower than usual, & his s/u looked spastic ...

look at his history, .. when he steps up, he gets tko/ ko'd > king of the overated hype-jobs -

• Like 3

:(............

Had a bad feeling all week about the fight, Overeem overlooked Bigfoot for sure, great job by Silva though!

The only reason I can think reem had his hands so low was to stop any potential takedowns by Bigfoot, he should of just implemented his striking game from the start and tried to blast Silva.. baffled by his gameplan really.

I'd like to see him fight JDS next, no need to worry about the takedown there, and hopefully he'll actually keep his hands up and throw some hooks, leg kicks etc.

Bigfoot should get his rematch with Cain, everyone else is booked so let's see if he can shock the world yet again!

Reem will be back! Genuinely think this loss is what he needed, humbling experience for sure

I was working all day yesterday ( I always work on the weekends) so i Had the fights recorded. Had a quick look on here before i started watching and had a massive WTF moment. couldnt have made worse picks. at least Joe B didnt let me down.

shocking night of fights...speechless on Overeem and Evans performance(nuff said on them)...kudos to Dunham,Lil Nog and BigFoot...well done

This.

Main card was really disappointing, such a stacked card too, bring on the next event!