Sign in to follow this  
Centurion480

Anyone else think Edgar got robbed?

I dunno about robbed, but yes personally i gave him 3,4 and 5... 4 and 5 no doubt 3 could be argued either way so I can't say it was a terrible decision but yes personally I gave the fight to Edgar

I got an idea...

How about actually being dominant or better yet... FINISHING the other fighter so that the judges don't have anything to do with it.

I got an idea...

How about actually being dominant or better yet... FINISHING the other fighter so that the judges don't have anything to do with it.

What the hell do you think they were trying to do? Both guys would have liked to finish but when you have 2 world class fighters going at it, you're going to have a close fight sometimes. It would be incredibly ignorant to justify a bad judging job with that kind of excuse.

I got an idea...

What the hell do you think they were trying to do? Both guys would have liked to finish but when you have 2 world class fighters going at it, you're going to have a close fight sometimes. It would be incredibly ignorant to justify a bad judging job with that kind of excuse.

For the first two rounds I saw a dominant fighter taking the other fighter to town, then I saw a fighter trying to outpoint the other and score TD's for the sake of grabbing some points.

There's a difference.

1,2,3 (barely) to Aldo and 4, 5 to Edgar. Good fight, but was a bit disappointed with Aldo, hit him with the harder shots, gassed and let Edgar control the action. Thought he almost gifted the belt away. Either way, props to both fighters.

Nah judges got it right this time. He might have gotten 2 takedowns but he couldnt do anything with it. Fighters going for takedowns just for points dont deserve points for it unless they do some sort of damage like submission attempts or at least ground and pound.

If you think Edgar won the fight you're blind. And I wanted Edgar to win bad!

Not really. 3 and 5 were close rounds. Aldo definitely got 1 and 2 and Edgar definitely got 4.

I got an idea...

How many lighter weight title fights have ended in a finish recently? The judging needs to be better and the fact your fighter got the decision doesn't excuse that.

I got an idea...

For the first two rounds I saw a dominant fighter taking the other fighter to town, then I saw a fighter trying to outpoint the other and score TD's for the sake of grabbing some points.

There's a difference.

I saw a Champ get tired after the first 2 rounds and then Edgar capitalizing on it. If you think for a second that Edgar's punches didn't have bad intentions behind then then something is probably wrong with you. You can't go out there and knock a guys head off every time. That's not how this sport works. Some fights are close because both guys are striving toward the same goal.

And then "take downs for points" really? Aldo got back up because Aldo is GOOD at getting back up. Edgar was trying to hold him down but couldn't. He still landed it and it still counts.

Edgar edged him out in 3 . 4 and 5 were also his. Good fight though.

I got an idea...

How many lighter weight title fights have ended in a finish recently? The judging needs to be better and the fact your fighter got the decision doesn't excuse that.

^

I got an idea...

Well at least try to do some damage to the opponent. His fight with Benson left him bruised up all over and benson without a scratch...

Same as this fight... Edgar face busted up ...Aldo.. well not fresh coz of that scar from his childhood lol.

Not really. 3 and 5 were close rounds. Aldo definitely got 1 and 2 and Edgar definitely got 4.

I just don't think I would feel right seeing Edgar win that. I gave the first three to Aldo. Edgar put on a fight but none of the shots he landed packed the power of the shots Edgar landed. They're faces tell the story.

No, not really. Maybe robbed a round by a couple of judges but the end decision was right

Not robbed at all. This is a recurring trend with Edgar, his fights are always so close, all decisions. He may land a few more pitter patter shots but his opponent never looks like he's been in a fight while Edgar is all busted up.

Let's say he won rounds 4 and 5 and 3 is up in the air. It's still too close to take the belt from someone. You need to clearly beat the champ in order to take his belt.

I got an idea...

Well at least try to do some damage to the opponent. His fight with Benson left him bruised up all over and benson without a scratch...

Same as this fight... Edgar face busted up ...Aldo.. well not fresh coz of that scar from his childhood lol.

We're not talking' about his fight with Benson. Aldo stood there doing his best Rashad vs Nog impression for most of the last 3 rounds. Edgar doesn't have power, but he def controlled the action the last 3 rounds and if the fight continued after the 5th Aldo would have quit or keeled over.

I felt Aldo won rds 1 and 2 decisively, rd 3 was closer but still Aldo... rd 4 was harder to judge, Frankie was more active, but aldo landed the only strikes that actually did any type of damage at all.

Rd 5 I gave to Frankie, not as decisively as the first 2 rounds were for Aldo. Overall Aldo got the better of that fight and I'm glad the scores actually reflected that.

Not robbed at all. This is a recurring trend with Edgar, his fights are always so close, all decisions. He may land a few more pitter patter shots but his opponent never looks like he's been in a fight while Edgar is all busted up.

Let's say he won rounds 4 and 5 and 3 is up in the air. It's still too close to take the belt from someone. You need to clearly beat the champ in order to take his belt.

No, you don't. Winning a title is no different than winning any other fight besides it's 5 rounds. You don't have to do anything special to win it.

I just don't think I would feel right seeing Edgar win that. I gave the first three to Aldo. Edgar put on a fight but none of the shots he landed packed the power of the shots Edgar landed. They're faces tell the story.

"I said this in another thread, the damage at the end of 5 rounds doesn't tell the story. The cardio does. If we're in a street fight and you break my nose and blacken my eye but then fall over from exhaustion, you're going to get face stomped into a coma.

I got an idea...

We're not talking' about his fight with Benson. Aldo stood there doing his best Rashad vs Nog impression for most of the last 3 rounds. Edgar doesn't have power, but he def controlled the action the last 3 rounds and if the fight continued after the 5th Aldo would have quit or keeled over.

Dont say if this if that... just accept the fact he clearly lost... imagine me saying if only it was a 3 round fight.. would u still say edgar won?

I dont disrespect edgar. He has heart and stamina for sure but for me. I believe judges shouldnt grant points for fighters who just go for takedowns just for points, unless they do some damage with it. dont u agree?

Who cares who won? I just saw an under dog give one of the P4P's best a run for his money. Edgar should be proud of performance, even tho he loss. Great fight. Aldo won IMO. The fight we should discuss about is the horrible co-main and the division shocker by Big Foot.

No, you don't. Winning a title is no different than winning any other fight besides it's 5 rounds. You don't have to do anything special to win it.

It should be the same, but in reality the judges will always favour a dominant champ if its a close decision. Ie. 2 rounds for each, and 1 up in the air. Especially when the challenger looks all busted up.

Edgar won the last 2 in my opinion. The judge who scored it 48-47 got it right. If Frankie would be just a little more aggressive sometimes he wouldn't be standing there with his head down while the judges name his opponent the winner.

I know Edgar is a magnet for controversy but I think he won 3 4 and 5.

Its a shame the guy fights his heart out and gets screwed over by the judges.

He only to robbed in the sense two judges gave Aldo 49/46!

It was definatly 48/47 Aldo!

I got an idea...

Dont say if this if that... just accept the fact he clearly lost... imagine me saying if only it was a 3 round fight.. would u still say edgar won?

I dont disrespect edgar. He has heart and stamina for sure but for me. I believe judges shouldnt grant points for fighters who just go for takedowns just for points, unless they do some damage with it. dont u agree?

I don't think either fighter clearly lost. Sobereem clearly lost. I just think Edgar won by the criteria established by the uniformed rules of MMA. Even if Edgar won, no one would be satisfied with the decision. Either way, the judging needs to be better. The same retard who gave 4 rounds to Aldo also gave a 30-27 to Guillard in his fight against Varner. There are actual fans and veterans of this sport that could be judging but we're stuck with mouth breathing relatives of the gangsters that run Las Vegas and its a travesty.

Also, I like to tie one on during the fights so, you'll have to excuse my excitement in my posts tonight.

I know Edgar is a magnet for controversy but I think he won 3 4 and 5.

Its a shame the guy fights his heart out and gets screwed over by the judges.

He only to robbed in the sense two judges gave Aldo 49/46!

It was definatly 48/47 Aldo!

I think Edgar won, but like I said before I wouldn;t be outraged by 48-47 for Aldo. 49-46 is a travesty.

I'm from the school of thought that no champion loses any close rounds and must be completely dominated w/o controversy to lose a round. ...so if it had been 50-45 (Aldo) all three judges I would have had no problem with it. It did seem like Edgar did a little more in the fouth and fifth rounds, but I never got the impression during the entire fight that he ever really hurt Aldo once.

I'm from the school of thought that no champion loses any close rounds unless completely dominated so if it had been 50-45 (Aldo) all three judges I would have had no problem with it. It did seem like Edgar did a little more in the fouth and fifth rounds, but I never got the impression during the entire fight that he ever really hurt Aldo once.

Aldo has finished one of his last 4 fights, so basically he's champion until he chin gives out by your logic because he can't possibly lose a decision.

I'm from the school of thought that no champion loses any close rounds and must be completely dominated w/o controversy to lose a round. ...so if it had been 50-45 (Aldo) all three judges I would have had no problem with it. It did seem like Edgar did a little more in the fouth and fifth rounds, but I never got the impression during the entire fight that he ever really hurt Aldo once.

I disagree with the old school thinking of you have to dominate the champ to win. If they beat them up they should win. Frankie didn't.

War Aldo!

I'm from the school of thought that no champion loses any close rounds unless completely dominated so if it had been 50-45 (Aldo) all three judges I would have had no problem with it. It did seem like Edgar did a little more in the fouth and fifth rounds, but I never got the impression during the entire fight that he ever really hurt Aldo once.

Aldo has finished one of his last 4 fights, so basically he's champion until he chin gives out by your logic because he can't possibly lose a decision.

Yeah....I'm actually not that big a fan of Aldo....I particularly didn't like the way he grabbed the cage in the Mendes fight and prevented a huge slam, but it's whatever. That being said I don't see to many fighters being able to dominate him and I don't know any at 145. So I think he is pretty safe until he moves up.

Yeah....I'm actually not that big a fan of Aldo....I particularly didn't like the way he grabbed the cage in the Mendes fight and prevented a huge slam, but it's whatever. That being said I don't see to many fighters being able to dominate him and I don't know any at 145. So I think he is pretty safe until he moves up.

I don't think standing around eating shots for 3 rounds makes you a champion. When Cain can go 5 rounds as a heavyweight putting on the pressure it gives no excuse to lighter weight guys. All it tells me is he can make the weight limit and not get finished by smaller guys in exchange for not fighting guys his own size or bigger that could put his lights out in the 4th and 5th when he's tired.

I don't think standing around eating shots for 3 rounds makes you a champion. When Cain can go 5 rounds as a heavyweight putting on the pressure it gives no excuse to lighter weight guys. All it tells me is he can make the weight limit and not get finished by smaller guys in exchange for not fighting guys his own size or bigger that could put his lights out in the 4th and 5th when he's tired.

I'm just as unimpressed by Aldo as you are. I don't know if he is overrated, but he's not a great champion in my opinion. That being said unless the rumors of Pettis moving down are true I really don't see the 145 division being much of a threat to him. The Hominick fight was a fluke in my opinion so it is what it is.

I particularly didn't like the way he grabbed the cage in the Mendes fight and prevented a huge slam, but it's whatever.

To be fair it's kind of a natural instinct and he didn't do it the second time and got right back up. It didn't effect the fight at all. Aldo is not a cheap fighter.

I'd like to see Aldo move up to 155 where there are more challenges for him.

I particularly didn't like the way he grabbed the cage in the Mendes fight and prevented a huge slam, but it's whatever.

To be fair it's kind of a natural instinct and he didn't do it the second time and got right back up. It didn't effect the fight at all. Aldo is not a cheap fighter.

I'd like to see Aldo move up to 155 where there are more challenges for him.

Well of course it didn't effect the fight since the slam never took place....that's a ridiculous statement. A huge slam/suplex could have turned the whole tide of that fight. Anyone who isn't blind could see that slam was about to be sans Khabilov vs Pichel and if you saw that fight you know exactly what I'm talking about. I don't care if his grabbing the cage was instinctive or not, doesn't make it right and he did it. Fighters reach out with their fingers extended sometimes to prevent fighters from moving in close on punches and takedowns. Some say it's instinctive ...I won't even venture to say if it's a dirty tactic being utilized or instinct. All I know for sure is it's still a penalty based upon commission rules, but we've all seen enough fights where the fighter on the receiving end of a poke in the eye is totally affected in the fight from that moment on.

Mendes attempted the exact same slam 10 seconds later and Aldo easily defended it without cheating.

Mendes attempted the exact same slam 10 seconds later and Aldo easily defended it without cheating.

That second slam never would have taken place if Aldo didn't grab the fence to prevent himself from being dumped on his ***.