Sign in to follow this  
Centurion480

Anyone else think Edgar got robbed?

Aldo 12345

He clearly won every round in my opinion

Easy win for Jose

War Aldo but still not as sweet as Maia fitching Fitch War Karma!

I know Edgar is a magnet for controversy but I think he won 3 4 and 5.

Its a shame the guy fights his heart out and gets screwed over by the judges.

nope...

Well of course it didn't effect the fight since the slam never took place....that's a ridiculous statement. A huge slam/suplex could have turned the whole tide of that fight. Anyone who isn't blind could see that slam was about to be sans Khabilov vs Pichel and if you saw that fight you know exactly what I'm talking about. I don't care if his grabbing the cage was instinctive or not, doesn't make it right and he did it. Fighters reach out with their fingers extended sometimes to prevent fighters from moving in close on punches and takedowns. Some say it's instinctive ...I won't even venture to say if it's a dirty tactic being utilized or instinct. All I know for sure is it's still a penalty based upon commission rules, but we've all seen enough fights where the fighter on the receiving end of a poke in the eye is totally affected in the fight from that moment on.

It wasn't going to be a huge slam though. Mendes lifted but didn't try to arch full over for the suplex and it wasn't because of the fence grab. He was trying to do more like a lateral drop to get him on his knees and take his back NOT suplex him. He did the exact same lift 6-10 seconds later and Aldo defended it with ease and got right back to his feet in a split second. It was a continuation of exactly what would have happened if he hadn't grabbed the cage

Mendes attempted the exact same slam 10 seconds later and Aldo easily defended it without cheating.

Exactly.

Robbed might be a little strong, but I thought he won 3,4 and 5. 3 was very close though. Too bad he took that kick in the mouth or they might have given that one to Edgar. The crazy thing is that 2 judges gave Aldo 4 rounds which is ridiculous.

I got an idea...

How about actually being dominant or better yet... FINISHING the other fighter so that the judges don't have anything to do with it.

Aldo didn't finish either in case you hadn't noticed.

not at all. this fight shouldnt have even happened. not only has frankie the rematch lost two fights in a row, and has never even fought at 145, but dana gift wrapped him another free title shot.

how can you be robbed from a fight that you didnt deserve in the first place? i dont know why he gets all these free title shots and rematches, or even has alot of fans. the dude is a glorified point fighter. i would have been outraged if rematch frankie won the decision by point fighting a champion with that little sass queen footwork of his and those meaningless takedown attempts he does for no reason other than to impress the judges.

hopefully the next time around he actually earns his shot in the division he fights in. he's probably on the phone right now, crying again to dana for either a rematch against aldo, or a title shot at bantamweight, despite losing 3 in a row.

as you can probably tell, i am not a frankie edgar fan at all.

Rd 4 was hard to judge!? Were you drunk for 5 minutes? Getting head maybe? How anyone sees Rd. 4 as close is beyond me.

I wouldn't say he was robbed, but I also did score the fight for him. I think he won rd. 3 in a squeeker. Rd. 4 and 5 were no-brainers. He clearly won those. So, no not robbed but I think he won.

Also, for anyone who says the faces tells the story you clearly know nothing about fighting. ALL the damage done to Frankie was done in rds 1 and 2. His busted face at the end of 25 minutes means nothing when all the damage was done in the first 10 minutes. If your version of judging were correct the most effective technique in MMA would be an "accidental" headbutt in the first 10 seconds of the fight to open a nasty cut because no one could every come back from that.

no....he wasnt robbed and he lost, check his face out he GOT HIS **** KICKED AND DID NOTHING BACK....you cant rob people in decisions on your way up then **** about getting robbed urself later frankie...

Aldo won 3-4 rounds easy...if it was 3 then it was kinda close fight but not a robbery in a million years

I thought it was rather close ONLY because Aldo fought way under his potential.IMO Aldo did not do his homework and proved to me that he is a bit afraid of wrestling.

Aldo came out and showed those dominating leg kicks,however as soon as Frankie caught one and showed the TD Aldo got scared.I think Aldo threw 1 leg kick in the last 2 rounds.He should have kept on destroying that leg and the fight would never make 5 rounds.

As to the actual scoring,here is what i saw.Edgar "maybe" delivered a few more strikes,but Aldo's strikes were 100% more effective.Edgar fights as he does in every single fight,he fights to score points with weak pitty pat strikes.Edgar does not remain engaged,he deos a pop pop run pop pop run.When Aldo throws kicks or strikes he follows through ,like he is trying to hurt you.

So even if Edgar scores a few more strikes in a given round,they in no way deserve to be counted 1 for 1 with Aldo's strikes.I guess my point is that this is NOT Olympic boxing where you count everything that connects to the head and nothing else matters.

IMO it was a night full of dumb fighters,Edgar should learn VERSATILITY,he should have come out and wrestle ,the same thing Rashad messed up on.So what if you don't get the take down every time,at least grind the fighter and take away his game.Point is Edgar fought dumb and deserved the loss.

Jose easily won 1 & 2, round 3 was up in the air, Frankie owned 4, and I believe should have been given 5 as well. To say he was robbed? No, I wouldn't go that far. However I will say on my personal scorecard I had Frankie with the closing three rounds, and I'm fairly baffled by people who insist Jose won the 5th round as well. That just doesn't ring true to me.

Frankie needs to take a step out of the title hunt right now. Three title defeats in a row (however competitively close and/or controversial the outcomes were) signifies he should have at least one fight at 145, if not maybe two before he gets another shot at the belt. But credit where credit is due, Frankie was the only guy I've seen who made Jose look human. And he took that barrage of hard leg kicks in stride. True warrior, and fighter until the bitter end.

as a big Edgar fan, I'd have to give the fight to Aldo... it was close but if Edgar won, that would have been the controversial decision... Edgar might have landed more in the last three rounds, but Aldo was clearly landing better...

I thought it was going to be an SD win for Aldo, but when I heard 49-46, it was pretty clear... I could see how Aldo could get 4 rounds, but there was no way Edgar got 4...

props to both fighters... I can finally concede Aldo's P4Pness with this win...

Aldo 12345

He clearly won every round in my opinion

Easy win for Jose

War Aldo but still not as sweet as Maia fitching Fitch War Karma!

What a night I got to see Reem get brutally KO'D watched Maia force feed Fitch his own medicine,and Evans losing to mini NOG.and on a lesser note watching the most boring fighter in the UFC Jacob Volkman gas and get stopped by a rookie (Bobby green)

I scored rounds 3, 4, and 5 for Edgar but I'm not upset. Edgar is not really built for mma. He's built for point scoring sports such as boxing and karate tournaments. He can drop another weight class and he'll still run into the same issues he's having now which is not having the ability to hurt his opponents - and that stems from his style of fighting. He needs to learn to sit more on his feet in order to generate more power.

Anyone who thinks Edgar got robbed is a complete idiot. Everybody is jumping on what Rogan said and Rogan is a biased meathead that clearly took one to many hits off the bong before the show.

The fight wasn't even close. Edgar barely eeked out the fourth round the others were obviously Aldos. If the rounds are close in the amount of shots landed you have to look at how SIGNIFICANT each strike was. clearly edgars pitter patter shots were not significant.

END/THREAD

Anyone who thinks Edgar got robbed is a complete idiot. Everybody is jumping on what Rogan said and Rogan is a biased meathead that clearly took one to many hits off the bong before the show.

The fight wasn't even close. Edgar barely eeked out the fourth round the others were obviously Aldos. If the rounds are close in the amount of shots landed you have to look at how SIGNIFICANT each strike was. clearly edgars pitter patter shots were not significant.

END/THREAD

yup

END/THREAD

I had plenty of bong hits and still thought Edgar lost.

END/THREAD

agreed.

Edgirl's fangirl club must be getting tired of trying to argue why frankie shoulda won his past 3 fights based on 'looking busy' and landing more shots.

Edturd circlejerk listen up. If you wanna base number of strikes landed, BJ shoulda won their first fight.... but no, you guys will take that non deserving win any second while hypocritically crying about him losing a fight in the same fashion

END/THREAD

Frankie out struck him for 3 rounds. It was definitely close.

It was Aldo's fight, 48/47. Frankie never did anything to threaten him, and in order to beat the champ, you need to BEAT the champ. Edgar hasn't been making excuses saying he thought he did enough to win, has

he?

agreed.

Edgirl's fangirl club must be getting tired of trying to argue why frankie shoulda won his past 3 fights based on 'looking busy' and landing more shots.

Edturd circlejerk listen up. If you wanna base number of strikes landed, BJ shoulda won their first fight.... but no, you guys will take that non deserving win any second while hypocritically crying about him losing a fight in the same fashion

+1

Great post