Sign in to follow this  
Trollsmasher

Ian McCall: "I'm officially overrated."

I like him a lot, I think he just needs to take care of his personal issues before fighting the best in the division again.

The way he is talking, you'd think he got KO'd in the first 30 seconds or something. I don't know why the UFC would want to cut him considering he puts on good fights and they are extremely underpaying him anyways.

The way he is talking, you'd think he got KO'd in the first 30 seconds or something. I don't know why the UFC would want to cut him considering he puts on good fights and they are extremely underpaying him anyways.

That's what u think. According to McCall he made over $80,000 from the UFC in his first fight not including sponsor money.

mccall is a great fighter 1 of the best at flyweight easily and on any given night johnson mccall or benavidez could win the belt.

What makes ME sad is his paycheck... 9k... I feel them feels coming on.

apparetnly that's what he got for the FX 3 fight with the rematch with Mighty Mouse and then went onto say the UFC gave him like $40 000 or something afterwards, so never so sure about those pays

He is a good fighter, no doubt he will win his next fight it's not like he got dominated he fought to a draw with the currant champ then lost to him then lost by one round to the next best in the division.

Mccall is a great fighter but I just dont know if he'll ever cross the threshold into championship material.
When you fight to a draw with the champion, how far away are you from championship material?

Mccall is a great fighter but I just dont know if he'll ever cross the threshold into championship material.
When you fight to a draw with the champion, how far away are you from championship material?

He just lacks thepure drive to win which a champ needs

He finds a way not win it seems....I made a thread on this...he cares to entertain to much and that gets in the way of him winning it seem....a great example of his first fight with MM...he had his back and was close to the finish...but instead of puring it on he just played to the crowd and the round ended

I like the guy...he damn talented but hes got thing to work out....the ufc should stick with him through this tough time for him and let it ride out

But once he starts to try to get the wins first over being entertaining he will get a title shot and maybe even the belt...MM is a very win able fight for him

His UFC record does NOT speak for his actual fighting ability. Apparently this can happen when you fight in a division that is very shallow. I still think he won the first Mighty Mouse fight.

He definitely would have if the judging error didn't happen. Had they gone to a sudden death round (like they should have), I believe Uncle Creepy would've repeated his third round performance and gotten the decisive victory. It would've been Benavidez v. McCall for the inaugural flyweight championship instead.

He got a rematch and lost. He fought the #2 guy and lost. I like Mccall but he's got some tough comp ahead of him in MM Bene and Dodson.

wow he sure knows how to make you feel sorry for him doesn't he? lol

Hopefully that mindset fuels him and doesn't weaken him for his next fight, the UFC NEEDS him in that division, so they might as well give him an easy win next, I can't imagine a UFC FLW division without Uncle Creepy

Big respect to Ian for saying this. Hopefully he uses it as motivation. He's a great fighter and a handful for anyone in the division

Big respect to Ian for saying this. Hopefully he uses it as motivation. He's a great fighter and a handful for anyone in the division

how is this helpful?the dude says he sucks?his old lady is leaving him?how is he going to motivate himself?a bottle of Jack and a 45?

how is this helpful?the dude says he sucks?his old lady is leaving him?how is he going to motivate himself?a bottle of Jack and a 45?

It can be helpful in that he realizes that it's time to move on from his marriage, and he realizes he need to become a better fighter so it lights a fire under his ****. When you fall off the wagon you don't sit around to long dwelling on it and feeling bad about yourself. Instead of put your energy into something constructive.

It can be helpful in that he realizes that it's time to move on from his marriage, and he realizes he need to become a better fighter so it lights a fire under his ****. When you fall off the wagon you don't sit around to long dwelling on it and feeling bad about yourself. Instead of put your energy into something constructive.

dude...seriously..dude...i think its much deeper then that ;)

Im sure it is and im not saying it will be easy but people have been in far far worse situations and overcame them by not allowing the dark cloud to hang over thier heads but keeping a positive mindset no matter what and getting focused on re-dedicating themselves to the things they can actually fix. The rest is out of your hands. You either move on or waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Ian doesn't strike me as the type to play the poor me card.

Im sure it is and im not saying it will be easy but people have been in far far worse situations and overcame them by not allowing the dark cloud to hang over thier heads but keeping a positive mindset no matter what and getting focused on re-dedicating themselves to the things they can actually fix. The rest is out of your hands. You either move on or waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Ian doesn't strike me as the type to play the poor me card.

yes he does...he said my wifes leaving me b4 the fight...thats 1...now i suck thats 2...

yes he does...he said my wifes leaving me b4 the fight...thats 1...now i suck thats 2...

Fact #1 His wife is leaving him.

Fact #2 He thinks because he lost to the top two fighters in his division he's not the best in the world like he was hyped.

Sounds like he's being real honest to me instead of whining.

Ian doesn't strike me as the type to play the poor me card. ..from u...the dudes got serious issues...id rather peeps say...i hope everything work out...then putting words in his mouth or blowing smoke up his **** to make him feel good ;)

He went to a draw with Mighty GOAT.

He's definitely not a can.

and probably would have won if it wasn't for the terrible officiating

Lmao

Mighty GOAT > Uncle Creepy

Thanks to the officials

He went to a draw with Mighty GOAT.

He's definitely not a can.

and probably would have won if it wasn't for the terrible officiating

Lmao

Thanks to the officials

Let's take a look at where both fighters are right now.

Mighty Mouse - Flyweight Champion with a defense of the belt.

Uncle Creepy - 0-2, lost to a guy Mighty Mouse defeated. Winless in the UFC.

As a matter of fact, Mighty GOAT > Every Flyweight in the world.

Thanks to the officials..