Sign in to follow this  
HappyFeet

Is Demian Maia officially the best Wrestler/BJJ Combo in MMA?

Jones doesn't have BJJ, he has bully submissions. Saying Jones has great BJJ is pure ignorance. He almost got armbarred by a MW, and barely defended it. Not the sign of a true BJJ ace like Maia.

Yes. Fitch is easily top 3-5 wrestler at WW and has never been completely neutralized on the ground and his sub defence is indeed legit - Maia owned him. I want to see Maia vs Hendricks and Fitch vs Woodley

I would say Bobby Green is the best wrestler/ sub artist

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

He outwrestled Volkman and then subbed him

That is quite legit

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That is quite legit

He got subbed by Dan Lauzon.

Thread said nothing about sub defense

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That is quite legit

He got subbed by Dan Lauzon.

Thread said nothing about sub defense

BJJ = sub defense as well

i think fitch tried to keep it standing but he jsut isnt used to using wrestling in reverse, hes only good at artttacking and being agressive which was something he didnt plan to do agaisnt maia, he wanted to keep it on the feet and avoid the ground game which he just wasn't comfortable with and maia has improved his TDs. agaisnt GSP i just dont see him being effective but hopefully maia can prove me wrong.

He pretty much relies on ONE aspect of BJJ and i wouldn't call it a bjj only move and that is the Rnc.His wrestling is nothing,he is only successful because fighters are afraid of his grappling,sop instead of making him pay for carelessly coming in,they try to scramble and run,it makes it super easy for him.

He pretty much relies on ONE aspect of BJJ and i wouldn't call it a bjj only move and that is the Rnc.His wrestling is nothing,he is only successful because fighters are afraid of his grappling,sop instead of making him pay for carelessly coming in,they try to scramble and run,it makes it super easy for him.

So in other words... He's he best wrestler/BJJ fighter...

Combo? Definitely Maia. I would say GSP would be strong enough to stop Maia's TDs but if Maia got GSP's back in a scramble or something, it would be a wrap. I want to see Maia fight again ASAP.

Combo? Definitely Maia. I would say GSP would be strong enough to stop Maia's TDs but if Maia got GSP's back in a scramble or something, it would be a wrap. I want to see Maia fight again ASAP.

thought i remember reading somewhere that shields was coming back to 170. That match up would help heal the butt hurt of never getting to see Maia/Palhares

Im all for Shields getting destroyed.

I think he is, but I think he won't be able to get takedowns against GSP, but if he did get them to the ground then he'd probably do quite well, but against an awesome striker with good TDD he might have trouble

Jones doesn't have BJJ, he has bully submissions. Saying Jones has great BJJ is pure ignorance. He almost got armbarred by a MW, and barely defended it. Not the sign of a true BJJ ace like Maia.

I agree. Jones is probably my fav fighter to see, but he just muscles a lot of his submissions. Once I see his De La Riva guard, I'll make my decision lol. I still like GSP as the best combo though at the moment