Sign in to follow this  
Gabri1985

10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down

Yup only to kill people. Nobody uses them for hunting animals or the millions of shooting competitions in the US every year. It is strange that less than .00004% of the guns in the US are used to murder people every year. Apparently people aren't using them for what they were made for.

To use your term in another thread... it's not just black and white.

IMO, there should be certain guns for hunting, ie. certain rifles and shot guns. I also don't mind paranoid types having a shotgun for home protection. I personally just don't care about people that shoot other gun types for competition. There just isn't a need for pistols and automatic weapons for people, because yes, those guns were designed for killing people.

Having said that, I'm not for bans on the types of guns I say people shouldn't have because they are already out there with no feasible way to take them back. At this point, I'm not for disarming good people when there are so many of these ****ty guns in the hands of bad people, it's too late to turn back now.

Holy **** chons I actually agree with one of your posts.

Here is the only Pro-gun stance I care about...

We have the right to own guns...

I do believe further gun control is necessary though. Driving a car is considered a right and people have to take tests in order to have a license. Why not have similar procedures for guns?

BTW I own a gun. Mossberg with pistol grip. I own it because it's cool and I do have a sense of security with the weapon.

What part of the Constitution says that driving a vehicle is a right?

You own a gun because you think i

I still don't get why there isn't an uproar for cars to never go above 30 MPH.....We would save millions of lives that way.

cuz that would suck, guns are useless..they are used solely to kill people, what's so bad about not being able to kill people?

wah wah i can't kill people, who cares!

Id like to see you say that to the people who have saved their families thanks to having a gun to defend their homes.

save their family from what? guns?

i still don't understand why people feel the need to get all crazy to protect guns. espeically those people who act like it's their life passion to protect the right of gun owners. please, protect abused children or animals...do you really care so much about a person having to have a longer registration process to obtain a killing device (oh yeah...it's also something for a shooting range)

Here is the only Pro-gun stance I care about...

We have the right to own guns...

I do believe further gun control is necessary though. Driving a car is considered a right and people have to take tests in order to have a license. Why not have similar procedures for guns?

BTW I own a gun. Mossberg with pistol grip. I own it because it's cool and I do have a sense of security with the weapon.

What part of the Constitution says that driving a vehicle is a right?

You own a gun because you think i

I still don't get why there isn't an uproar for cars to never go above 30 MPH.....We would save millions of lives that way.

cuz that would suck, guns are useless..they are used solely to kill people, what's so bad about not being able to kill people?

wah wah i can't kill people, who cares!

Id like to see you say that to the people who have saved their families thanks to having a gun to defend their homes.

save their family from what? guns?

i still don't understand why people feel the need to get all crazy to protect guns. espeically those people who act like it's their life passion to protect the right of gun owners. please, protect abused children or animals...do you really care so much about a person having to have a longer registration process to obtain a killing device (oh yeah...it's also something for a shooting range)

because what they're doing is illogical...I personally would like a DMV type situation where you have to prove you can safely use a firearm and get a lisence for it. Also a mental evaluation to go along with it...

But these laws they're trying to put into effect don't do anything!

It just doesn't make sense.

Hunting for fun should also be banned.

I don't think there's that much hunting done where the animal isn't used for its parts unless its for population control.

It seems to happen a lot in fishing with catch and release which i absolutely hate. If your going to go fishing, eat what you catch...otherwise its pointless.

Catch and release is a good way to keep the fish population up. I usually only keep enough for one or two meals. If I don't catch enough to make it worth my time to clean them then I just let them all go. If everyone kept everything that they caught then fishing populations would be pretty low in most places.

I don't think there's that much hunting done where the animal isn't used for its parts unless its for population control.

It seems to happen a lot in fishing with catch and release which i absolutely hate. If your going to go fishing, eat what you catch...otherwise its pointless.

Gabri thinks that it is wrong to enjoy hunting whether you use the meat or not. Things like Matt Hughes posing with his kill are wrong according to him.

Gabri thinks that it is wrong to enjoy hunting whether you use the meat or not. Things like Matt Hughes posing with his kill are wrong according to him.

then thats silly. If anything its honoring your kill.

And Matt Hughes has said that all the meat and stuff goes to the poor villages in that area. Nothing wrong with what Hughes did.

If your going out hunting for sport yes that's wrong, if your going out hunting then eating what you kill there is nothing wrong with that, the main point of hunting should never be the sport aspect of it. How can you enjoy killing an animal?

I eat everything that I kill but I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy being out hunting. I could buy beef way cheaper than I could hunt a deer and process it.

Being outdoors , watching wildlife close up, and the challenges of hunting are fun to me. Killing is part of a hunt and is obviously your ultimate goal but I try to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible because I don't like seeing animals suffer or anything.

Hunting properly is actually one of the most "humane" way most animals will die.

Otherwise they'll get killed by another predator or die from a disease mostly.

Its nice to think that these animals grow old and pass away but that just just isn't the case.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about killing animals for fun.

I don't feel bad at all for hunting so i don't need to tell myself anything. You better not eat meat at all if you are going to have that attitude about hunting. Animals are mistreated daily in slaughterhouses around the world.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about killing animals for fun.

I don't feel bad at all for hunting so i don't need to tell myself anything. You better not eat meat at all if you are going to have that attitude about hunting. Animals are mistreated daily in slaughterhouses around the world.

Check it brah

If your going out hunting for sport yes that's wrong, if your going out hunting then eating what you kill there is nothing wrong with that, the main point of hunting should never be the sport aspect of it. How can you enjoy killing an animal?

Read all of what he says, don't pick and choose. This isn't the bible! ;)

Were have I said eating meat is wrong? I have said killing for sport is, why don't you go hunting a lion with a knife?

I also don't eat meat from any big name brands, I only go to local butchers I have also seen how they are kept and killed.

Were have I said eating meat is wrong? I have said killing for sport is, why don't you go hunting a lion with a knife?

I also don't eat meat from any big name brands, I only go to local butchers I have also seen how they are kept and killed.

your being a **** lol.....He never said he goes out and just kills for fun. Your picking and choosing what he's saying and then getting all arrogant about it.

In what way am i? He said he enjoys killing animals so I suggested he goes hunting a lion with a knife. I then told him were and how I get my meat.

because its obviously not the killing that he directly enjoys....

and unless your buying grass fed beef and pastured everything else your prob not eating well treated animals.

i have seen where there kept out in the fields so i am happy enough with that. when you say killing is the ultimate goal you clearly enjoy it, spin it all you want but if your hunting like that you enjoy the thrill of the kill. i also only eat free range eggs from a local farmer.

Now go hunt something which can fight back like a lion and arm yourself only with a knife.

i have seen where there kept out in the fields so i am happy enough with that. when you say killing is the ultimate goal you clearly enjoy it, spin it all you want but if your hunting like that you enjoy the thrill of the kill. i also only eat free range eggs from a local farmer.

Now go hunt something which can fight back like a lion and arm yourself only with a knife.

you truly sound rediculous lol.

Look, ive never gone hunting before but i completely get the concept of it.

I would never hurt an animal for no reason.

To me when your respecting the process of something there is enjoyment that comes from that.

In MMA we watch these guys fight because we have great respect for what skills they have.These guys fight each other not to hurt each other but display their skills and see who comes out on top.

When hunting i assume there is a great respect for the animal that is going to feed you.I assume its not about showboating that you killed an animal but giving gratitude to the fact that this animal was not killed in vein and will be put to good use. Its not about the thrill of the kill....its about natural survival instincts.

Your lion quote is silly because again, its not like they want to go out and fight these animals for no reason. The poachers that do are ****ing scumbags in my eyes. You don't get mad at your local farmer for cutting the chickens neck so why get mad at the hunter who shoots the deer?

I don't think the country was safer in the 1800's when EVERYBODY

The whole problem is that these gun control laws only work for people who are willing to obey the law to begin with.

There are so many guns in America that if some strict gun control laws came about, it would still take 20 years before anybody noticed a difference.

You can't hunt lions I think its illegal we should let people hunt criminals on death row most dangerous game and if somehow the unarmed criminal kills the armed hunter we will let him live in Canada or something . Although they might choose death over living in Canada.

I get mad at people like hughes who pose with there kill like its some trophy.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

Because you still eat animals that have been killed but are trying to lay a guilt trip on me for hunting and being proud of my kill. (which people have been doing since the beginning of time). It is the exact same thing but I am working harder, paying more, and killing my own animal. You are turning a blind eye to what is happening and letting someone else kill them for you. Quit being such a hypocrite.

If people didn't hunt these animals in the US then one of four things will happen.

-The animal population will raise until they push into towns/highways and get hit by cars. This can seriously cripple animals without killing them which leads to days or even weeks of suffering before they die or are killed.

-The animals will get sick and die a slow death. Have you ever seen blue tongue or Chronic wasting disease in deer? Overpopulation makes the diseases spread faster and it can be devastating to the population. It is a nasty way to die.

- The animals will get eaten by predators. Whether it is when the are young, during the winter, or when they get older it is bound to happen.

-The state will pay snipers to thin the herds. This costs states hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of the state charging people to buy hunting licenses.

Also as for your hunting lions comment. I hunt with a bow and arrow in bear/mountain lion/rattlesnake country so there is danger if you walk up on the wrong animal or they take an interest in you.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

Because you still eat animals that have been killed but are trying to lay a guilt trip on me for hunting and being proud of my kill. (which people have been doing since the beginning of time). It is the exact same thing but I am working harder, paying more, and killing my own animal. You are turning a blind eye to what is happening and letting someone else kill them for you. Quit being such a hypocrite.

If people didn't hunt these animals in the US then one of four things will happen.

-The animal population will raise until they push into towns/highways and get hit by cars. This can seriously cripple animals without killing them which leads to days or even weeks of suffering before they die or are killed.

-The animals will get sick and die a slow death. Have you ever seen blue tongue or Chronic wasting disease in deer? Overpopulation makes the diseases spread faster and it can be devastating to the population. It is a nasty way to die.

- The animals will get eaten by predators. Whether it is when the are young, during the winter, or when they get older it is bound to happen.

-The state will pay snipers to thin the herds. This costs states hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of the state charging people to buy hunting licenses.

Also as for your hunting lions comment. I hunt with a bow and arrow in bear/mountain lion/rattlesnake country so there is danger if you walk up on the wrong animal or they take an interest in you.

i have already said how and were i get my meat from, i would never go out to kill and animal just for the fun of it why would i ever enjoy killing something? how can you find killing something fun?

Also i know that at times certain animal populations need culling were have i said that is wrong?

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

i have already said how and were i get my meat from, i would never go out to kill and animal just for the fun of it why would i ever enjoy killing something? how can you find killing something fun?

Also i know that at times certain animal populations need culling were have i said that is wrong?

you have to have respect for the kill...can you not see that with respect of your kill comes a pride in what your getting and the enjoyment of the process of what your doing?

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

you have to have respect for the kill...can you not see that with respect of your kill comes a pride in what your getting and the enjoyment of the process of what your doing?

I'll make the same analogy again....

MMA fighers don't enjoy hurting their opponent, but they enjoy the process of what happens in that fight.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

and again, im mostly making assumptions so correct me if im wrong juice.

You are right SN43.

I will put it like this Gabri

I went bow hunting for Elk two years ago. The chances of getting an elk with a bow is less than 10% on a 10 day trip. The chances of getting a trophy elk is way less than that. I spent 8 months hiking and practicing shooting to get ready and about $3000. Well the weather didn't cooperate and I spent 10-12 hours a day for 10 days hiking mountains in 80-90 degree weather. I saw 2 elk the entire time because they all moved out of the area with the hot weather. So I spent about 120 hours and $3000 on a mountain to see 2 elk for less than 30 seconds.

Now I am going back this fall for 10 more days. if I spend the same amount of time and money this trip then I will have over 800 hours of time in and spent $6000 to accomplish one goal. If I end up accomplishing that goal and kill an elk then damn right I will be happy and proud of it. If not then I had a good time and saw some awesome wildlife and views from mountains while I'm out there.

To add another point to juice's post....

If you let the animal population get out of control that leads to an increase in deadly predators and that could be extremely dangerous for people in rural areas.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

MMA fighers don't enjoy hurting their opponent, but they enjoy the process of what happens in that fight.

good analogy

i personally don't like hunting, but it's a better way to get food than the torcher farms we have today that somehow the media and people in general never even acknowledge in the news

i would like to see gun deaths continue to lower every year, and i think we just need to be realistic. there's no way we're getting rid of the 300million guns in america. what we could do is at least try to taper off the extreme amount of guns we have and be more on the same page as a country on what we could do to keep everyone working towards a similar goal. all this pro/anti left/right debate gets annoying in this country

You are right SN43.

I went bow hunting for Elk two years ago. The chances of getting an elk with a bow is less than 10% on a 10 day trip. The chances of getting a trophy elk is way less than that. I spent 8 months hiking and practicing shooting to get ready and about $3000. Well the weather didn't cooperate and I spent 10-12 hours a day for 10 days hiking mountains in 80-90 degree weather. I saw 2 elk the entire time because they all moved out of the area with the hot weather. So I spent about 120 hours and $3000 on a mountain to see 2 elk for less than 30 seconds.

Now I am going back this fall for 10 more days. if I spend the same amount of time and money this trip then I will have over 800 hours of time in and spent $6000 to accomplish one goal. If I end up accomplishing that goal and kill an elk then damn right I will be happy and proud of it. If not then I had a good time and saw some awesome wildlife and views from mountains while I'm out there.

so then why not go just for the hiking and looking at wildlife? why do you feel the need to hunt the animal?

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

mma fighters both know what's going on and both agree to the contest, when your hunting an animal it's not fun for it and didn't agree to partake in what's happening.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

mma fighters both know what's going on and both agree to the contest, when your hunting an animal it's not fun for it and didn't agree to partake in what's happening.

And as was previously mentioned, hunting is most likely the most humane way for an animal in the wild to die.

To add another point to juice's post....

If you let the animal population get out of control that leads to an increase in deadly predators and that could be extremely dangerous for people in rural areas.

lol serious? your sad...

please explain?

good analogy

i personally don't like hunting, but it's a better way to get food than the torcher farms we have today that somehow the media and people in general never even acknowledge in the news

i would like to see gun deaths continue to lower every year, and i think we just need to be realistic. there's no way we're getting rid of the 300million guns in america. what we could do is at least try to taper off the extreme amount of guns we have and be more on the same page as a country on what we could do to keep everyone working towards a similar goal. all this pro/anti left/right debate gets annoying in this country

Hahahaha, no matter what your beliefs are, that is an absolutely stupid analogy.

You are right SN43.

so then why not go just for the hiking and looking at wildlife? why do you feel the need to hunt the animal?

That would pretty much rule out the entire challenge now wouldn't it.

We will obviously never agree on this but you really don't make any sense. You don't have a problem with hunting for meat. You understand that populations need to be kept in control and hunting is how you keep them in control. You also understand that it is more humane than many processing plants in the world but you still have a problem with it. People have been hunting since the beginning of time and have been proud of their kills. This isn't any different except that I don't have to do it to survive. It is how the food chain works and it will never change.

When people say it is more humane than any other way of obtaining meat, I agree with this statement 100%. The real problem is the disgustingly extreme portions of meats people consume worldwide from non-hunting sources. So many animals get mistreated and live as despicable of a life as possible, and I think that is a much bigger problem than animals living completely normal lives and then all of a sudden having their life end in hunting.

I personally don't like hunting and don't see the fun in it. But I do think that there is a purpose for it if you respect the animal and utilize every part of it if you kill it

Most problems will be solved when the power of love overcomes the love of power. Great Jimi Hendrix line and summarizes most of the reason people still keep holding onto what they say even when evidence is provided to the contrary.

Back to the topic at hand, gun control is a GREAT IDEA! People need to stop acting like it hurts their life that they can't obtain a gun as easily. Stop complaining...you all already have guns if you wanted one, let's just make the system work better to make our country safer in the future. We don't need unneccesary deaths, and by now, we all should have seen that an overabundance of guns are a bad thing. 10,000+ murders by guns every year in our country is enough for me to realize that we should do something