Sign in to follow this  
KcEnRuYTcetoRp

UFC P4P .. Jon Jones Wants #1 Position !!

sIlva would beat SHogun ,Rampage, Rashad with ease. Jones would be a tough fight but I still see SIlva coming out on top.

its easy to say what he WOULD do, but until he HAS DONE IT, your argument is irrelevant.

Also, I dont think Jones would EASILY beat Silva, but I think he would, via ground and pound...

How is it irrelevant....SIlva is a MW, not a LHW....why would he fight those guys.

He's beaten every top MW out there so your being really silly.

The argument is about P4P though, Silva is only fighting at MW because he knows he may actually lose to the top guys at LHW. Hes been ducking LHW for most of his career. Hes sitting in a division with no competition left and refuses to put the work in to gain the weight properly to fight at 205. Average weight of a 6"2 man is around 200lbs, so why is he fighting at 185? (and thats AVERAGE not average for an athlete). He knows he can coast at 185, and the UFC will hype him into some kind of superman for beating guys naturally smaller than him (or guys cuttting down coz they can't hang at 205). Silva is probably the most talented fighter in the UFC atm and he should grow some and fight at 205 end of story, until he does he doesn't belong on the P4P list at all IMO.

You made things up in your very first line. What proof do you have that Silva is not moving up because he is scared? He is the MW champ, he fights at MW.

MMA fans are so quick to try and move fighters to another division for no reason. This isn't Boxing where you gain 1lb and you've already moved up 3 weight classes.

In response to your "MMA fans are quick to move fighters to another division for no reason".......Uummm....Silva cleaned out is division AND fought at LHW with ease......so yeah, he should move up and have a run at it. It would do him wonders if he keeps destroying opponents at LHW, otherwise he just might be a tad nervous to take that risk?

He hasn't cleaned his division out at all. There's at least 20 people at MW that he hasn't fought. There's no reason for ANY of these champs that are dominate to move up.

yea there is, people want to see great matchups instead of Silva and Jones dominate every single opponent that comes their way.

You're not going to get anything different if Silva moves to LHW. He runs through everyone likes he does at MW and Jones runs through him just like he runs through the rest of his LHW opponents.

so this is a fight for GOAT....it should be the 1 fight everyone wants to see most. How could people say otherwise.

GSP vs Silva would be much more competitive and is the more deserving fight for GOAT.

Ok, i think two things need to be made clear here. First, i don't have any problem with Silva, and honestly think he is the most talented guy in the organisation. Unfortunately he seems to have bought into this whole 'legacy' thing that gets banded around by promoters and fanboys. He thinks that IF he loses then he has somehow failed and so he will no longer be relevant (IMO). Secondly, if he did take a run at the belt at 205 and beat guys like Rashad, Davies, Mousasi etc. then he is P4P No.1, even if he then loses to Jones. Personally i really hope he takes the risk, because hes got a maximum of 10 fights left (I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being closer to 5 or 6), the big names are at 205 and i think he may well beat Jones anyway. That being said, he has nothing to prove to anybody and if hes happy to stay at 185 then good luck to him, just don't think he can be considered P4P if hes fighting below a weight he can make easily. As far as GOAT goes, then he should fight GSP , but he already has the No. 2 behind Fedor and only a win against Jones could put him at No.1. As far as i can see any other fight is pointless, but this is a P4P argument, not GOAT.

All fighters are fighting below a weight they can easily make though.

That is exactly the point I am making. He is fighting in the weight class that gives him the best chance of success. I don't have any problem with that at all, but there are guys the same size as him (and some that are naturally smaller) that have fought at LHW their whole career and done well (Shogun, Rashad, Little Nog, Mousasi and Rampage off the top of my head). All he needs to do to prove hes P4P is beat them, Jones is huge to be fighting LHW so fighting him makes no difference to P4P IMO.

The reason why Anderson never fought Tito

224803_1.jpg

You know you're a can if you almost get subbed by Tito

Somewhere out there, Ryan Bader quietly sobs

LOL, I'm actually kidding about this "can" stuff. Anyone who gets in the UFC cage deserves my respect

Not anyone, Condit does not deserve any hespect

machida is the reason silva wont fight jones that is 100% correct, machida doesnt want silva atop the LHW division then who is he gonig to challenge for the belt? also he doesnt want silva destroying jones making machida look bad.

Silva's camp admitted that Machida "tools" Silva in practice. I believe it.

The reason Anderson won't fight Jones

jones.jpg

Cause he's young and he's black and his hat's real low

Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know

I don't wear hats, but the rest is pretty accurate.

Also, Jay-Z is overrated, but he has 1 or 2 very good songs, like "Moment of Clarity"

Rofl. Hov is top 5 GOAT. Go listen to Lil Wayne.

jones.jpg

Also, Jay-Z is overrated, but he has 1 or 2 very good songs, like "Moment of Clarity"

Camelface is a can

jones.jpg

Look who's back B-)

To the above idiots trying to discredit Silva for fighting at MW, why is Jones fighting at LHW when he could easily fight at HW?

Anderson has fought at LHW, makes him look scared to fight Jones.

To the above idiots trying to discredit Silva for fighting at MW, why is Jones fighting at LHW when he could easily fight at HW?

I totally agree with that tbh (except the idiot bit) pretty sure i said that in the thread somewhere, and I hope he does move up. The difference is that he still has fights left in his weight class against decent competition and he is still young. Also if he stays at 205 there is a chance he might fight Silva and give Anderson a shot at being GOAT. Plus I don't think anyone is trying to discredit Silva, I just think that both him and Jones have a chance to do something great by moving up and I would like to see one or both of them give it a shot.

More like Silva is waitting for JBJ to move into HW and then he will say something like...."Oh darn...I was just going to challenge him but he is a HW now." JBJ made it clear he is bulking up to move into HW and make a run for it, he is young and still growing. Silva knows this so all the more reason he should go ahead and hop into LHW and make his run there!!

Silva is not gonna do anything... he is gonna duck guys that can beat him, i.e. Weidman, and he is gonna call out guys much smaller than him i.e. gsp... then he is gonna retire, as the "greatest"

Why wouldn't he fight Weidman??? If you wanna be considered the best, you have to prove it... He is scared... He is being a little diva... guys shouldnt fight other guys because they are "interesting matchups" or "big names" it should be the no.1 guy fights the no.2 guy... otherwise, what is the point of the rankings? what does it mean to be considered the second best in your division, if you still cant get a title shot? I believe Weidman has made a good case to be the no. 2 guy...