Sign in to follow this  
jpc_ultimate

UFC 157 will be one of the worst selling PPV of all time

then fans are retarded.

Doesn't matter what order the fights are in...there's still...

HENDO VS ****ING MACHIDA ON THE CARD!

I agree Machida vs Hendo is a sick fight, but the main event will not convinced a lot of people to buy the ppv

I think it's going to do quite well..... There people outside this message board....... There are a lot of girls who love MMA ......but I can't wait to see rousey get Handelled by a blokey looking chick.....bitta softcore **** after an epic battle of hendo and machida.......WAR DRAGON

your prob right, but thats only because a lot of the zuffa zombies don't know rousey that well and the one's that do know she's a lock.

well on my part I know Roussey, I saw two of her fight and women mma is not for me... i agreed with what GSP said about women MMA... well i might be consider a old school guy

I know what you mean. It's a good card stacked with decent fighters but not sure if there's enough interesting fights to attract casual fans.

Hendo vs Machida should be main event for sure.

I know what you mean. It's a good card stacked with decent fighters but not sure if there's enough interesting fights to attract casual fans.

Hendo vs Machida should be main event for sure.

exactly... 9 times out of 10, if you would have put Hendo and Machida has the main event you would have sell a lot more... probably around 350k... while Rousey Carmouche will probably do 225k.... thats my own predictions

UFC will sell the card. They can sell ice in Alaska let alone a card that has Hendo and Machida in it and is the first ever UFC Women fight.

IM GOING TO UFC 157!!!

It's my first UFC event, they finally came back to California, so I'm happy to go to this. I don't care much for the main, but Hendo vs Machida will be epic. Glad I will be able to see this fight!! Also Lavar Johnson vs Brendan Schaub--at least I'm guaranteed to see a KO there!!

But the card will not do good for PPV's.

I'd say between 100-200k. If it got over 250k, I'd be surprised.

Rousey has a lot more hype than you think.

SHe's getting all the major sport network spots....SHe's been on ESPN magazine....there's even going to be a whole segment on her on real sports on HBO next week.

Rousey has a lot more hype than you think.

SHe's getting all the major sport network spots....SHe's been on ESPN magazine....there's even going to be a whole segment on her on real sports on HBO next week.

As retarded as it would be, maybe that pretty face is what MMA and the UFC needed to get the mainstream attention.

I know she's getting a lot of hype and media attention, but I don't think that is gonna result in big ppv buys. Not to mention she isn't fighting Cyborg or Carano, she's fighting Liz Carmouche...

If UFC 157 gets maybe around 250- 300k PPV buys, being the women's main event, I would say that's pretty successful seeing that events like UFC 150, Hendo vs Edgar 2 only got 190K buys, and UFC 136 Edgar vs Maynard 3, Aldo vs Florian, got 225K buys.

I cant' see Rousey doing any better than those, I can see her matching UFC 150. The only thing that is pushing this card is the co-main. Everyone knows that could easily be a main event, and that's a fight people want to see.

I will be ordering it. I love women's mma as much as men's. But here is where a lot of people will disagree with me... I am NOT cheering for Rhonda. I hope she loses to be honest.

I will be ordering it. I love women's mma as much as men's. But here is where a lot of people will disagree with me... I am NOT cheering for Rhonda. I hope she loses to be honest.

On the contrary. I think anyone who hates WMMA should be cheering for Liz because her winning would certainly be a big blow to the still new WMMA.

The best thing that can happen at this event is for Rousey to lose so we can put another gimmick experiment to rest sonner than later (ala Lesnar, Toney, and Kimbo Slice...believe me it took me a while to remember Kimbo. I had to google professional street fighter just to remember his name.) We have practically seen it all from her since her first fight. There's not another woman alive (w/ the exception of Cyborg possibly) who is able to counter anything she does on the ground so we already know what to expect. You can't teach a woman enough wrestling or jiu jitsu to get to her level...nor will they ever be able to stop her takedowns. If you think about it Lesnar (doesn't include year away from sport for sickness) and Slice were gone within two years of their pro debut in the Octagon. Rousey is a MMA fighter, but know one is close to her level to keep her busy enough to stay relevant. This sport is not designed for women athletes so only once in a blue moon will you see someone like Ronda Rousey come along who is able to garner the respect of her male peers and fans everywhere. MARK MY WORDS....TWO YEARS AND WMMA IS GONE (at least in the UFC). Even if 156 does exceptable numbers it will tail off so drastically on the next card she's on (unless its Carano called out of retirement or Cyborg she's fighting)...that they will have to subject her to co mains on a free card with the 125 championship bouts.

WMMA is awesome. I don't care about who is fighting as much as how they fight. I've seen cards that have no talent just cause they are fights. The difference between WMMA and regular MMA is that ALL of the ladies are hungry. All of them have that chip on their shoulder to make people respect them and their professional choice. That is why they will put on some of the best fights in the UFC. They may not have the natural talent than males have in terms of power and stuff but they will put on fights that will be more than up to par to "regular" UFC fights.

That's all I wanted to say and its my opinion so yea.

And WAR MACHENDO. (I'm torn ) :((

yeah but securing the womens division is worth Bellator not doing it first .. Bellator is paying fighters more and more !! Cant wait till they PPV

Having a women's division isn't going to save your organization nor make it. Ask the founders of EliteXC and Strikeforce. MMA is a male dominated sport with a male dominated fan base/demograph that appreciates substance more than entertainment. Womens MMA will never evolve enough to stay relevant because womens inner nature and physical structure won't allow it with the exception of some rare athletes. 90% will get to a certain level and stay there while the other 10% dominate and that gets boring. As a matter of fact I don't think there's a women's MMA bout any of us could recall where we were totally shocked or surprised by the outcome. It just doesn't happen. Even if you have a underdog win the underdog is not a huge underdog...it's like a 2-1 underdog (I'm not an oddsmaker so that may be wrong using that ratio, but you get my gist)

Paying fighters big salaries doesn't necessarily mean anything either. Some promotions try and get away with that and end up tanking when PPV numbers and seat sales don't support the salaries they're paying. Talk to the founders of Affliction about that. Bellator doesn't have the drawing power and very few recognizable athletes to be raising salaries a whole lot. Zuffa brass is smart enough that they will match top to bottom salaries so as to prevent any mass defections and whoever they don't want they won't pay. One thing about the UFC that I will give them credit for... i don't know of any one athlete that they let go of or kicked off their roster too quickly that I can say it was a regretful decison or wished they hadn't (although maybe Marquardt, but he definitely had reached his peak in the 185 division which is where he was fighting before they let him go).

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/07/affliction-banned-official-salaries-affliction-payrolls-tops

http://www.cagepotato.com/affliction/

As a woman, I do not like the idea of women in the UFC. I'm all for women mma fighters. I respect them, they're great athletes but I never found enjoyment out of watching women fight. Why would I watch a sport not at it's full potential? Men are obviously stronger and more physical so if I'm going to watch mma at it's best, I'm going to watch the men. It's hard to explain...same with basketball. Why would I watch women basketball when I can just watch the NBA...basketball at it's full potential. That being said, I don't think women in the UFC will do very well too. Women should stick to their own organizations. UFC is for the MAYAN!

im not buying it, i will never buy a ppv with females headlineing, i plan on going to Boston Pizza have a good meal, and pay the 5$ ppv , then leave after the Machida Hendo fight...

As a woman, I do not like the idea of women in the UFC. I'm all for women mma fighters. I respect them, they're great athletes but I never found enjoyment out of watching women fight. Why would I watch a sport not at it's full potential? Men are obviously stronger and more physical so if I'm going to watch mma at it's best, I'm going to watch the men. It's hard to explain...same with basketball. Why would I watch women basketball when I can just watch the NBA...basketball at it's full potential. That being said, I don't think women in the UFC will do very well too. Women should stick to their own organizations. UFC is for the MAYAN!

Then i suggest you watch Alexis Davis vs Kaufmann and Miesha Tate vs Julie Kedzie....2 of the best fights ive seen of 2012 including the mens divisions.

women boxing doesnt work, so why does women mma would work?

because they're 2 entirely difference sports....

you are 100% right about the fact its two different sports... but boxing and mma attract bassicaly the same type of people and fans, and if you watch how women bonxing has evolve in the past, there is no doubt in my mind that wmma would do the same... basicly crumble and have no fan base... when was the last time you heard about a big women boxing fight? serioulsy, i dont see any women mma fight doing great in the near future, except maybe cyborg vs roussey or the retrun of carano, but that his the only selling options they got, the rest is invisible to the market

you are 100% right about the fact its two different sports... but boxing and mma attract bassicaly the same type of people and fans, and if you watch how women bonxing has evolve in the past, there is no doubt in my mind that wmma would do the same... basicly crumble and have no fan base... when was the last time you heard about a big women boxing fight? serioulsy, i dont see any women mma fight doing great in the near future, except maybe cyborg vs roussey or the retrun of carano, but that his the only selling options they got, the rest is invisible to the market

its a little unfair to compare it when Boxing is dying on a whole...of course the women's is the first division to go by the wayside.

There's no reason to say that that WMMA is the same thing....If you actually watch it (especially Invicta) they have a ton of extremely talented women here. Invicta has been nothing but amazing!!

Like i said watch the 2 previously mentioned fights...they're amazing....watch Rose Namajunas' (Pat Barry's GF) pro debut...she looked great.

WMMA is just awesome to me. They bring a completely different energy in there. Those girls are hungry as **** to win. Id like to attribute it as something similar to a maternal instinct.

Im telling you, watch a full Invicta card and i guarantee you won't be disappointed. The fan base may not be there yet but i talent is and it has been constantly improving.

im not buying it, i will never buy a ppv with females headlineing, i plan on going to Boston Pizza have a good meal, and pay the 5$ ppv , then leave after the Machida Hendo fight...

LoL I love your sig bro.

lol your sig

Has anyone ever seen Julie Kedzie vs Meisha Tate?

If your a fan of WMMA and haven't seen it, check that **** out. You'll love it.

If your skeptical about WMMA you should watch it because it'll show you that the women can go to war and bang it out too.

Couldn't find the full fight but here's a little recap from YT

Then i suggest you watch Alexis Davis vs Kaufmann and Miesha Tate vs Julie Kedzie....2 of the best fights ive seen of 2012 including the mens divisions.

I have seen those. I still feel the same way lol.

It seems like you just defeated your entire argument with that statement. Women's boxing couldn't take off because there wasn't enough talent to carry the sport hence it failed once the few who were actually halfway decent at the sport retired and I can only name one off hand (Laila Ali...i'd be very impressed if anyone can name another). The same holds true for women's MMA which makes it even worse for women because they now have to learn more than one discipline. Once again there are less than a handful that excel and the rest are just bottom feeders....jpc_ultimate has a very good point about boxing and MMA drawing practically the same demograph of fans. Women's MMA on a platform of Invicta is fine, but on a platform of the UFC where you have the best in the world it's doomed to fail. You can't have the top to bottom disparity that exists now and expect it to work and it's not going to fix itself anytime soon.

It seems like you just defeated your entire argument with that statement. Women's boxing couldn't take off because there wasn't enough talent to carry the sport hence it failed once the few who were actually halfway decent at the sport retired and I can only name one off hand (Laila Ali...i'd be very impressed if anyone can name another). The same holds true for women's MMA which makes it even worse for women because they now have to learn more than one discipline. Once again there are less than a handful that excel and the rest are just bottom feeders....jpc_ultimate has a very good point about boxing and MMA drawing practically the same demograph of fans. Women's MMA on a platform of Invicta is fine, but on a platform of the UFC where you have the best in the world it's doomed to fail. You can't have the top to bottom disparity that exists now and expect it to work and it's not going to fix itself anytime soon.

thank you