Sign in to follow this  
jpc_ultimate

UFC 157 will be one of the worst selling PPV of all time

women boxing doesnt work, so why does women mma would work?

because they're 2 entirely difference sports....

It seems like you just defeated your entire argument with that statement. Women's boxing couldn't take off because there wasn't enough talent to carry the sport hence it failed once the few who were actually halfway decent at the sport retired and I can only name one off hand (Laila Ali...i'd be very impressed if anyone can name another). The same holds true for women's MMA which makes it even worse for women because they now have to learn more than one discipline. Once again there are less than a handful that excel and the rest are just bottom feeders....jpc_ultimate has a very good point about boxing and MMA drawing practically the same demograph of fans. Women's MMA on a platform of Invicta is fine, but on a platform of the UFC where you have the best in the world it's doomed to fail. You can't have the top to bottom disparity that exists now and expect it to work and it's not going to fix itself anytime soon.

but there is enough talent in WMMA.....

and of course there won't be enough publicity until they do hit the UFC, that goes for every division in the sport. I mean look at the 135 and 145 divisions. Yea they were semi popular on WEC but they were nothing compared to what it is today in the UFC.

If the UFC can add a 125 division and a ****ing 115 division they could certainty add women divisions.

What i don't get is....what is it harming if it comes to the UFC? How could this possibly end up worse than what it was? If you don't like watching women fight then take a break and come back.

As a woman, I do not like the idea of women in the UFC. I'm all for women mma fighters. I respect them, they're great athletes but I never found enjoyment out of watching women fight. Why would I watch a sport not at it's full potential? Men are obviously stronger and more physical so if I'm going to watch mma at it's best, I'm going to watch the men. It's hard to explain...same with basketball. Why would I watch women basketball when I can just watch the NBA...basketball at it's full potential. That being said, I don't think women in the UFC will do very well too. Women should stick to their own organizations. UFC is for the MAYAN!

nuff said end thread B-)

As a woman, I do not like the idea of women in the UFC. I'm all for women mma fighters. I respect them, they're great athletes but I never found enjoyment out of watching women fight. Why would I watch a sport not at it's full potential? Men are obviously stronger and more physical so if I'm going to watch mma at it's best, I'm going to watch the men. It's hard to explain...same with basketball. Why would I watch women basketball when I can just watch the NBA...basketball at it's full potential. That being said, I don't think women in the UFC will do very well too. Women should stick to their own organizations. UFC is for the MAYAN!

Then i suggest you watch Alexis Davis vs Kaufmann and Miesha Tate vs Julie Kedzie....2 of the best fights ive seen of 2012 including the mens divisions.

Just realized now that you brought up that Kedzie/Tate fight before me. That was maybe the best WMMA match I've ever seen. Once a fight goes back and forth with crazy action like that, I honestly forget they are women for a minute and just enjoy the slugfest.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Steelers Fan...

It seems like you just defeated your entire argument with that statement. Women's boxing couldn't take off because there wasn't enough talent to carry the sport hence it failed once the few who were actually halfway decent at the sport retired and I can only name one off hand (Laila Ali...i'd be very impressed if anyone can name another). The same holds true for women's MMA which makes it even worse for women because they now have to learn more than one discipline. Once again there are less than a handful that excel and the rest are just bottom feeders....jpc_ultimate has a very good point about boxing and MMA drawing practically the same demograph of fans. Women's MMA on a platform of Invicta is fine, but on a platform of the UFC where you have the best in the world it's doomed to fail. You can't have the top to bottom disparity that exists now and expect it to work and it's not going to fix itself anytime soon.

and of course there won't be enough publicity until they do hit the UFC, that goes for every division in the sport. I mean look at the 135 and 145 divisions. Yea they were semi popular on WEC but they were nothing compared to what it is today in the UFC.

If the UFC can add a 125 division and a ****ing 115 division they could certainty add women divisions.

What i don't get is....what is it harming if it comes to the UFC? How could this possibly end up worse than what it was? If you don't like watching women fight then take a break and come back.

You getting a hard on because someone disagrees with your stand on women in the UFC??? ...and I didn't know there was a 115 pd division started. You wanna clue me in on when the first fight is scheduled?? It's only been proposed, but I guarantee it's a lot easier to scout for talent in a mens division from top to bottom then it is for a single womens division. You can barely find a woman that is well rounded even among the top fighters. Clearly you're delusional and irrational concerning your views on the subject, but two years from the debut of Rouseys first fight and we won't be having this conversation anymore anyway. If the casual or even hardcore fan can only name a handful of fighters than there's not enough talent. Publicity can only go so far when you can't deliver and the women's division has had plenty of time to grow even since the EliteFC days. I've said it more than once in so many ways already...WMMA is nothing more than a hype train soon to come to screeching halt in this organization because theirs not enough coals to drive it. As long as you've known Dana and the rest of Zuffa brass and you can't get it in your thick head that they are about money even more so then putting a prime product in front of you. Are you so slow to realize that Rousey has already wiped out the women's division as it is...what are they going to do? continue pulling people off the streets like they did with Carmouche??? If you're going to have women on this level fighting (which is supposed to be the very best in the world) matchmaking is always going to be a nightmare no matter how long you look. That's why women's MMA can survive in Invicta and other smaller/local shows but not here.

You getting a hard on because someone disagrees with your stand on women in the UFC??? ...and I didn't know there was a 115 pd division started. You wanna clue me in on when the first fight is scheduled?? It's only been proposed, but I guarantee it's a lot easier to scout for talent in a mens division from top to bottom then it is for a single womens division. You can barely find a woman that is well rounded even among the top fighters. Clearly you're delusional and irrational concerning your views on the subject, but two years from the debut of Rouseys first fight and we won't be having this conversation anymore anyway. Publicity can only go so far when you can't deliver. I've said it more than once in so many ways already...WMMA is nothing more than a hype train soon to come to screeching halt in this organization because theirs not enough coals to drive it. As long as you've known Dana and the rest of Zuffa brass and you can't get it in your thick head that they are about money even more so then putting a prime product in front of you. Are you so slow to realize that Rousey has already wiped out the women's division as it is...what are they going to do? continue pulling people off the streets like they did with Carmouche???

You say this coz the women you seen and heard of are westerner there are plenty of female MMA fighters out in Asia in this weight range let alone Europe...... Some people are too one eyed ......

You getting a hard on because someone disagrees with your stand on women in the UFC??? ...and I didn't know there was a 115 pd division started. You wanna clue me in on when the first fight is scheduled?? It's only been proposed, but I guarantee it's a lot easier to scout for talent in a mens division from top to bottom then it is for a single womens division. You can barely find a woman that is well rounded even among the top fighters. Clearly you're delusional and irrational concerning your views on the subject, but two years from the debut of Rouseys first fight and we won't be having this conversation anymore anyway. Publicity can only go so far when you can't deliver. I've said it more than once in so many ways already...WMMA is nothing more than a hype train soon to come to screeching halt in this organization because theirs not enough coals to drive it. As long as you've known Dana and the rest of Zuffa brass and you can't get it in your thick head that they are about money even more so then putting a prime product in front of you. Are you so slow to realize that Rousey has already wiped out the women's division as it is...what are they going to do? continue pulling people off the streets like they did with Carmouche??? If you're going to have women on this level fighting (which is supposed to be the very best in the world) matchmaking is always going to be a nightmare no matter how long you look. That's why women's MMA can survive in Invicta and other smaller/local shows but not here.

lmao, first off...this is a forum. This is a place where people discuss things and are going to disagree a lot. I know your not new so chill out.

Dana has also said its likely a 115 division is in the UFCs future.

Yes Rousey has already beat top 135ers....but there's still a **** load of other division with a lot of top people. People from other divisions will flock to the 135 division just like they did to 155 before the UFC had FW and BW.

And you clearly have not seen a lot of these females fight if you think they're not impressive enough to be on the UFC stage.

Also, everything you said that should deter the women's division is exactly what is going on right now at Flyweight but they're still around. Really MM has clearly beaten every single top FLyW.

Give it time man. Its better than not giving it a chance at all.

This might be the first PPV I miss in a really long time ... might not be by choice

Will buy if I'm in the position to

yeah these women be ugly

They need to get some good looking women to fight or they can **** off

I just found out my GF has done some thai-boxing classes in the fast ... next time we have sex I'm going to ask her to clench and land high knees

You getting a hard on because someone disagrees with your stand on women in the UFC??? ...and I didn't know there was a 115 pd division started. You wanna clue me in on when the first fight is scheduled?? It's only been proposed, but I guarantee it's a lot easier to scout for talent in a mens division from top to bottom then it is for a single womens division. You can barely find a woman that is well rounded even among the top fighters. Clearly you're delusional and irrational concerning your views on the subject, but two years from the debut of Rouseys first fight and we won't be having this conversation anymore anyway. Publicity can only go so far when you can't deliver. I've said it more than once in so many ways already...WMMA is nothing more than a hype train soon to come to screeching halt in this organization because theirs not enough coals to drive it. As long as you've known Dana and the rest of Zuffa brass and you can't get it in your thick head that they are about money even more so then putting a prime product in front of you. Are you so slow to realize that Rousey has already wiped out the women's division as it is...what are they going to do? continue pulling people off the streets like they did with Carmouche???

Muzzle_rousey_please said

You say this coz the women you seen and heard of are westerner there are plenty of female MMA fighters out in Asia in this weight range let alone Europe...... Some people are too one eyed ......

You seriously believe they haven't scouted women in Asia??? that's probably the first place they looked. With so few prospects they cant help but look overseas. You sound dumb and narrow minded and late to the party.

I'm not going to buy the PPV neither..... BECAUSE I'm going to Anaheim to watch it! Trained with some best females in the sport. They can definitely keep up with the men and sometimes beat the **** out of us men. If you don't believe me show up at Pariah MMA in Colorado Springs, Co and come see it for yourself. Undefeated Summer Bradshaw will mop the floor with you fools!

Not to excited to see women fight but its womens mma if getting bigger they will probly do a womens tuf and maybe some day men fighting women they do men vs women grappling matches

There is some good fights,i expect several KO's,but PPV no way.

Dana thinks or at least he is riding the media wave behind Rousey.There is a huge difference from media paying her to normal MMA fans willing to fork out money to watch her win an easy fight.

Nobody cared about women's MMA before,it is only because of her looks that she makes media and magazine covers.Well fans are not showing up to 157 to make a magazine cover for Rhonda.

if they wanted to sell this card,the UFC should have found a way to make the BEST two fighters fight,nobody cares about Carmouche.

How many times has Dana said he gives the fans the fights they want to see?There must be MILLIONS who wanted to see Rousey-Carmouche because he made it the MAIN fight of a ppv ...lol.

^exactly. I said it here before, just because she is getting a lot of hype isn't going to translate into big ppv buys. And she's fighting Liz Carmouche. They can do whatever they want to try and hype her, and make it some lesbian fighter trying to beat the champ or whatever, but truth is she is going to get armbarred in the first round. If she was fighting Cyborg or Carano maybe the ppv would do decently.

^exactly. I said it here before, just because she is getting a lot of hype isn't going to translate into big ppv buys. And she's fighting Liz Carmouche. They can do whatever they want to try and hype her, and make it some lesbian fighter trying to beat the champ or whatever, but truth is she is going to get armbarred in the first round. If she was fighting Cyborg or Carano maybe the ppv would do decently.

I'm not sure if I should be more shocked that you read a zamsake post or more shocked that you agreed with it. I need to go lie down.

I'm not sure if I should be more shocked that you read a zamsake post or more shocked that you agreed with it. I need to go lie down.

The PPV isn't gonna do good man...

But I'm not buying it...I'm gonna be there live!! haha. It's in California and only about 40 minutes from where I live. Still, I don't think it will do well for PPV buys. But I'm still really excited to see all the fights.