Sign in to follow this  
edh1

Who is most likely to pull off the upset at UFC 158

As much as Condit annoyed me in the Diaz fight I don't consider him an underdog him vs Rory is close so I won't count this one.

Ellenberger is very tough but unless it ends on the 1st where both him and Hendricks can both finish it he will probably tire and get Tko'd or lose a UD.

Diaz has the best chance imo GSP will try get a UD but he can't finish Nick. in 5 rounds you can guarantee if there's a finish Diaz is the winner I can see him pulling a Tko or submission off.

Carlos will win for sure. Call that an upset if you want. Not sure how beating a guy you already wrecked is considered an upset but whatever.

Carlos will win for sure. Call that an upset if you want. Not sure how beating a guy you already wrecked is considered an upset but whatever.

Rory won the first 2 rounds, and if the ref let the last 7 seconds tick away the fight is rory's, maybe a draw. And, remember, that was rory's 2nd fight in the ufc. The question was most likely to win in upset. I think all the favorites will win, but Elis/rory will be most competitive.

Hendricks may have KO power but he's smaller than ellenberger and could be controlled all 3 rounds for the decision, plus ellenberger has KO power aswell.

Rory should control the fight with condit although Carlos will make it gritty and could finish Rory at any time, similar to their first fight.

Diaz has nothing for GSP, he won't even be able to get his boxing going without being takedown, 1 sided fight but it will still be a war since Nick is a tough SOB

I think ill wait to annoint Rory as The Next Coming of Christ until he beats someone other than BJ "I should have stayed retired" Penn. Therefore NBK.

it is abit rediculous how people are talking about rory, he lost to condit first match then beat up nobody special, then he took an over the hill gassed and confused penn to a decision

it is abit rediculous how people are talking about rory, he lost to condit first match then beat up nobody special, then he took an over the hill gassed and confused penn to a decision

He didn't deserve to lose though. He was beating Condit and lost due to a bad stoppage.

He didn't deserve to lose though. He was beating Condit and lost due to a bad stoppage.

Thats pretty funny cause Rory looked broken and never complained about having his face saved from being crushed

I dont like any of the underdogs chances.

Hendricks has scary power and will keep jake guessing the whole fight and WILL stuff his takedowns.

But i think condit has all the tools for an upset,why? because he will go punch for punch with rory for three rounds,and maybe just maybe rory will tire.

Diaz has 0 chance of winning.

truth is condit probably would have won had it not been stopped

1st round rory

2nd round could have gone either way

3rd round condit possibly even 10-8

the only one I could even consider being an "upset" is a Diaz win. Rory and Condit are #2 and #2A, Hendricks is masssively overrated.

Thats pretty funny cause Rory looked broken and never complained about having his face saved from being crushed

If you watch the fight you can see his face wasn't anywhere near being "caved in". The stoppage was terrible whether or not Rory complained about it.

Ok, whom are those guys fighting in the first place, OP???

Not sure if serious but I'll bite.

Nick Diaz is fighting GSP

Carlos Condit is fighting Rory MacDonald

Jake Ellenberger is fighting Johnny Hendricks

i know for a fact jake will kill hendricks...so him

the other 2 im rooting for, and i have confidence but its not 100%

well when Hendricks puts Jake away like he did to Kampmann and Fitch I will laugh

Jake Ellenberger is fighting Johnny HendricksThanks, bro! The OP should've provided those.

Of course I knew about GSP vs Diaz, but the other two I didn't really remember at all.

Woah, Hendricks is fighting? So he's not waiting for the GSP/Diaz winner after all? Nice. We'll se what's he's made of.

And if he KO's Ellenberger the same way he did the previous two guys, then you gotta give him the title shot ASAP.

Jake Ellenberger is fighting Johnny HendricksThanks, bro! The OP should've provided those.

Of course I knew about GSP vs Diaz, but the other two I didn't really remember at all.

Woah, Hendricks is fighting? So he's not waiting for the GSP/Diaz winner after all? Nice. We'll se what's he's made of.

And if he KO's Ellenberger the same way he did the previous two guys, then you gotta give him the title shot ASAP.

Yeah, he accepted a fight with Jake. Jake is being gifted an opportunity to get back into the title picture after being KO'd by Kampman.

If you watch the fight you can see his face wasn't anywhere near being "caved in". The stoppage was terrible whether or not Rory complained about it.

you must have a much higher tolerance to being punched and elbowed in the face then Rory does if you honestly believe that...

I see perhaps Jordan Mein.Miller is fairly big name in the UFC and not many know of the younger Jordan but he is a really good fighter.

Upsets in the big 3?I don't see any but GSP has not looked as good in many fights and that layoff didn't help.GSP has imo not improved one bit over the last several years,the only difference i see in him,is he has got away from his real only strength and that is wrestling.It used to be a no brainer,he would come out and take you down,but now he waits too long and tries to strike a bit more.

There is no way you can call either Rory or Condit underdogs,that is just foolish,i have the fight being 50/50 as probably most do.

I just can't see Jake winning unless he catches Hendrick's early.Hendrick's is the biggest guy in this division and no way jake is going to control the clinch or wrestling.So Jake will have to rely on a stand up fight and Hendrick's is dangerous there as well.If Jake starts to get Hendrick's in the stand up,John has the ability to take it back to a grappling match.Who really knows,fighters have huge egos,Johnny might try to go for an all out stand up war and that makes the fight a lot more closer in favor of Jake.

who did jake fight after kampmann, didnt he lose again?? i seem to remember him being less aggressive and more worried??? im curious to see hendricks vs jake

I would like nothing more than to see GSP lose, but it won't be against Nick.

Ellenberger is a sloppy version of Hendricks. He has a punchers chance at best.

Condit easily has the best chance of pulling off the "upset". I think Rory will get over aggressive going for the finish, get caught and get subbed.

you must have a much higher tolerance to being punched and elbowed in the face then Rory does if you honestly believe that...

I am pretty tough

ahh it was heiron, but I dont remember the fight, wasnt he overly cautious?? i mean for his style

Yeah he didn't really impress I think he's trying to find a pace he can set for the full 3 rounds, his last 2 fights before then he was more aggressive but it nearly cost him in the Sanchez fight and it did against kampmann but I was glad I like kampmann and he won me money for a 2nd round finish.

Im a huge Diaz fan but I would like to see Condit knock Rory of his high horse, he was so disrespectful to BJ and I now dislike him for the antics he pulled inside and outside the octagon. No doubt Rory is a talent but he needs to show respect towards the fighters who have been around for a while especially BJ who is a legend in the sport!

Im a huge Diaz fan but I would like to see Condit knock Rory of his high horse, he was so disrespectful to BJ and I now dislike him for the antics he pulled inside and outside the octagon. No doubt Rory is a talent but he needs to show respect towards the fighters who have been around for a while especially BJ who is a legend in the sport!

I think Condit is going to beat him again.

ellenberger could do to hendricks what story did to him.

people tend to forget about that fight,Story clearly controlled him ,it was a clear loss for Johny. Johny isn#t ready for GSP yet