Sign in to follow this  
Junglebird

Frankie Edgar wants Cub Swanson in 5-rounder for a quick route back to titleshot.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/20/4006252/morning-report-ufc-frankie-edgar-featherweight-five-round-main-event-siver-swanson

Man I dunno, Frankie should be fighting someone coming off a loss, not a guy working toward his own title shot. Frankie has lost 3 in a row, he needs to work up some wins and not try to decision potential title contenders in the process.

Frankie vs. Dustin, or maybe Pablo Garza.

Here we go again smh

Why don't we just give this dude #1 contender fights and title shots only?

I mean he's earned it right!?

****ing 3 fight losing streak

And he specifically says 5 rounder Lmfao!!!!

Yeah so he has a chance after getting dominated the first 3 rounds. DUH.

Don't you know how this works? He gets dominated for 3 rounds, then he just survives the last two making the judges forget about the 3rd round, and then it's followed by a razor close decision that he didn't even deserve. Then, all the EdTARDs run around here in circles about how "EdTard was robbed" or "EdTard 345"...

Give it up EdTurd...you already clogged up LW for a while, don't do the same to your new division that you'll never be champion in.

And he specifically says 5 rounder Lmfao!!!!

Yeah so he has a chance after getting dominated the first 3 rounds. DUH.

Don't you know how this works? He gets dominated for 3 rounds, then he just survives the last two making the judges forget about the 3rd round, and then it's followed by a razor close decision that he didn't even deserve. Then, all the EdTARDs run around here in circles about how "EdTard was robbed" or "EdTard 345"...

Give it up EdTurd...you already clogged up LW for a while, don't do the same to your new division that you'll never be champion in.

You hit the nail on the head LoL

Sorry. I just hate him for thinking he's is entitled to anything he ask for.1st with a rematch with bendo then move down to jump the line after losing now wants to fight arguably the next #1 Contender

Here we go again smh

exactly...

the dude lost 3 in a row...he needs to get off the number 1 contender/title shot talk and start being treated just like any other fighter. he needs 2 or 3 fights in a row against guys ranked 5-10, which he wiill probably win, and then if he strings together 3 in a row he should get another shot

truth be told, the first title match he got against bj was a gift because maynard deserved that match more since maynard won against edgar

i like edgar, but i think he could become a fan favorite again if he just works his way to a shot like everyone else

Edgar is a ****ing division killer holds everyone up coz he thinks he won every fight he has lost lol. Who gets 2 title shots in a row loses both then gets a shot at Aldo loses again for the 3rd time and only has to win 1 contender fight to get another shot he's deluded!

good points. We all know Frankie is the biggest crybaby, so are his fans....

but who should he fight? I dont think KZ... he's on his way to a shot as well.

I still think Poirier or Garza,

Edgar is a ****ing division killer holds everyone up coz he thinks he won every fight he has lost lol. Who gets 2 title shots in a row loses both then gets a shot at Aldo loses again for the 3rd time and only has to win 1 contender fight to get another shot he's deluded!

I love this post. Frankie Edgar is to his division, what Greg Jackson is to MMA.

I say give him a fight with Grispi

agreed, both only won ONCE in last 5 fights ;))

That's exactly what I was thinking

It makes sense to me

OMG.........this can thinks he deserves this fight lol. Surprised he didnt aske for a title shot against Barao.....He needs to work his way back up, hell put him on the prelims maybe he will start fighting like a man instead of the running he does........

yeah, not only is it lame that he specifically asks for a 5 rounder to improve his chances of a win (cardio Edgar and bounce-fighting)

but also asking for a 5 rounder implies that its gonna be a main event.... Edgar does not deserve a main event slot unless it is a "UFC on the TV guide channel" event.

Poirier is the fight to make, loser goes down the ladder for a while. If edgar wins that let him fight KZ or Lamas.

if edgar wins he will be 1-3, with that one win over a guy who was 1-2.

KZ is 3-0

Lamas is 4-0

be real

yeah but we are talking about dana's dumb son.

I used to like Frankie back when he had that incredible comeback against Gray, but he's even getting on my nerves now.

It really is a joke that he needs 5 rounds to even come close to winning a fight, simply because his opponent tires out a bit.

Maybe RopeADope worked for Ali in boxing, but it clearly doesn't work for Edgar.

Finish a fight for once and get some fans back on your side.

Well there's no doubt Frankie is the #2 guy and could definitely be the #1, give him the rematch or a #1 contender's bout. The contender's bout would just be a waste as he would knock out a Swanson, Lamas or KZ.

gosh. every single one of the EDturd fangirl club sounds exactly the same:

"edturd won, give him rematch"

"edturd won, give him contender fight"

"edTURD lost 3 in a row, he's still a contender"

Judging by the UFC's recent cuts, edgar should be on the chopping block.

Here we go again smh

i'm an edgar fan and even i think he needs to get ko'd now,i still think he's a top 5er in either division but man at least 2 fights against the verybest and that has to include in unbelievable fashion.All fighters are ego maniacs ,but he's the worst.I had the Aldo fight 49-46.The featherweights is getting deep too .time to see KZ,LAMAS,SWANSON before frankie gets a shot.Hey the guys had some big big wins ,but in the UFC it's what have you done lately ,and even though i think he won the 2nd bendo fight,he's no where near another shot.

ITT: Aldo fans scared of Frankie's rematch ability.

He just needed 5 rounds to work Aldo out, when he gets this rematch expect 50-43 score cards for the new UFC Flyweight champion of the world... Frankie "The Answer" EdGOAT.

He just needed 5 rounds to work Aldo out, when he gets this rematch expect 50-43 score cards for the new UFC Flyweight champion of the world... Frankie "The Answer" EdGOAT.

Speaks nothing but the truth!

both flagged as "inappropriate"

i bet you said the same about Bendo's rematch =))

I don't remember if I did but I wouldn't have been wrong. Frankie came out as the champ, setting up the super fight.

I don't remember if I did but I wouldn't have been wrong. Frankie came out as the champ, setting up the super fight.

i'm start to thinking that's you on that sig pic

It is me, aren't I a handsome devil?

Here we go again smh

lol! WarWest, you son of a ****!

Lmao

i'm start to thinking that's you on that sig pic

Stop lieing we all know that's Zaksame.

I totally agree Edgar is a pain in the **** ,but with his system of point fighting,and using the UFC rules to squeek out marginal victories,and his pace he still could end up the #2 featherweight,I think he has to prove it though by getting by a poirier ,or lamas OR SIVER ,THEN MAYBE kz OR Swanson ,hell after 3 losses the UFC should give him Guida or Hioki.

I say give him Dan Severn or Tank Abbot,I here Bob Sapp is throwing fights,now there is a guarantee win for him and no split decision,he would get the finish.I almost bought into Edgar's coach when he said Frankie is very well rounded.He is not ,he just bops around every fight,his style never changes nor does he ever adapt.He reminds of Penn who plods around on the lead left leg looking for a jab,these fighters need to show why they are in the sport of MMA,quit being so one dimensional.

guida vs edgar should happen

if guida loses to mendes, yes

both would be 1-3

Guida WILL lose to Mendes

Guaranteed

Surprised that he doesnt want an immidiate rematch before moving down to 135 for another instant titleshot.

**** bro!?

You forget your password?

Surprised that he doesnt want an immidiate rematch before moving down to 135 for another instant titleshot.

**** bro!?

Nah he's a victim of the Sparkart blacklist apparently ...

Miles what was the name of your dup? I can unban that one if you'd rather have it in the meantime

**** bro!?

Nope, everything got screwed up somehow and it doesnt let me log in with my other account anymore. Waiting on sparkart to fix it.

**** bro!?

Nah he's a victim of the Sparkart blacklist apparently ...

Miles what was the name of your dup? I can unban that one if you'd rather have it in the meantime

**** bro!?

Nope, everything got screwed up somehow and it doesnt let me log in with my other account anymore. Waiting on sparkart to fix it.

Lame!

You know what?

**** you sparkart!!

Hope they don't close my account for that