Sign in to follow this  
sobercuban

UFC 157 **Official Discussion Thread** w/ Poll

6-6 and 3-1 on bet picks. made my cash in the end. god damn tho. what happened to you koscheck.

thankyou ronda for finishing in the first round lol.

i was sweating when i should have been fapping.

Ronda vs Tate 2 please.........

also like to see

Hendo vs Evans

Barry vs Schaub

Mitrione vs Lavar

McDonald vs Faber

Menjivar vs Alcantara

Robbie Lawler vs Maia

Kos vs Akiyama

Ronda vs Tate 2 please.........

also like to see

Hendo vs Evans

Barry vs Schaub

Mitrione vs Lavar

McDonald vs Faber

Menjivar vs Alcantara

Robbie Lawler vs Maia

Kos vs Akiyama

I dunno if Lawler deserves Maia, and I'd hate to see Schaub LnP Barry, but these are good fights otherwise.

who won OTN prizes?

Grice/Bermudez

Roberston

Lawlor

Good job Ronda. That put me at 11 - 1 , Herb should have waited longer but Kos shouldn't have just sat on all fours. Oh well.

I think the refs take the fighters power into account sometimes. Maybe if Kos was fighting a pillow fister then Herb might have given the fight a bit more of a leash, but since he knows Lawler has big power he might be thinking "cant let him take any unnecessary Lawler bombs."

Good job Ronda. That put me at 11 - 1 , Herb should have waited longer but Kos shouldn't have just sat on all fours. Oh well.

I think the refs take the fighters power into account sometimes. Maybe if Kos was fighting a pillow fister then Herb might have given the fight a bit more of a leash, but since he knows Lawler has big power he might be thinking "cant let him take any unnecessary Lawler bombs."

thats a bull**** corruption of fair competition. it really is. refs shouldnt be prejudiced to the outcomes. we all know mma often turns out different to how people think it will. if thats the mindset, then why have the fight.

thats a bull**** corruption of fair competition. it really is. refs shouldnt be prejudiced to the outcomes. we all know mma often turns out different to how people think it will. if thats the mindset, then why have the fight.

Nothing about that fight turned out different though. Lawler has big power. Kos is on his knees, not intelligently defending. Herb makes a decision to not give those dangerous hands a chance inflict any more damage then he deemed necessary.

You absolutely have to take a fighters past into account in a present fight.

Roy Nelson has proved he has a granite chin, so he probably gets a longer leash then most.

Nothing about that fight turned out different though. Lawler has big power. Kos is on his knees, not intelligently defending. Herb makes a decision to not give those dangerous hands a chance inflict any more damage then he deemed necessary.

You absolutely have to take a fighters past into account in a present fight.

Roy Nelson has proved he has a granite chin, so he probably gets a longer leash then most.

should have stopped the barry kongo fight. barry already knocked him down twice and we all know he has power.

we disagree completely, but its a perspective thing so lets not argue about it.

my lack of ****ing about the stoppage from a betting perspective, came from the fact that kos had no excuse to be in that position against lawler. he ****ed up in a way that i didnt foresee. i could **** about the rules, but i also backed a guy who ****ed up in a way i ddnt see coming. plain and simple. thats why i didnt whinge about it.

that said, from a sporting perspective, should be the same rules for everyone imho.

Well I took Kos in my event picks and the % game so it would have benefited me for the fight to have kept going but I understand why Herb stopped it.

Oh well Koscheck sucks and I like Lawler better anyways. Life goes on...

I had not made a pick in the Rousey v. Carmouche match, because I just wanted them to give a good fight that would show that women are capable of competing on a high level and under pressure. So proud of both fighters -- they exceeded all expectation and provided one of the best fights of the night!

I had not made a pick in the Rousey v. Carmouche match, because I just wanted them to give a good fight that would show that women are capable of competing on a high level and under pressure. So proud of both fighters -- they exceeded all expectation and provided one of the best fights of the night!

are you female? or as goldie would say "a chick!"?

i liked the fight. a lot of people will talk ****e, but ive watched a lot of mma and i thought it was awesome. both of the ladies have done themselves proud, and will have big names because of it. well done to them.

Well I took Kos in my event picks and the % game so it would have benefited me for the fight to have kept going but I understand why Herb stopped it.

Oh well Koscheck sucks and I like Lawler better anyways. Life goes on...

would definitely be laughing if i hadnt had him as a lock.