Sign in to follow this  
Novardor

Jon "Bones" Jones vs Anthony "Rumble Johnson!

I've thought about this for awhile now so seeing how he just defeated Arlovski and is on a 5-fight win streak outside of the UFC in 3 divisions. Is Rumble the one to finally dethrone Jones should Chael lose?

Lol, ever since he left I thought of this possibility.. now he's on a 5 fight win streak and probably gonna end up back in the UFC Light Heavyweight division. If they ever did fight though I think if he couldn't finish Jones within the first 2 rounds he'd gas and get submitted or ground & pounded to a (T)KO.

I hope so soon. Hell he almost knocked out Arlovski too! I know Arlovski has had a suspect chin ever since he lost the championship but come on now it's clear that Johnson is without a doubt a top tier fighter if he doesn't get poked in the eye or gasses. Lol.

And would have TKOd Andrei if the round had been 5 seconds longer.

His speed at HW is scary. He still looks like a WW when throwing those monster headkicks.

Is just like to see the fight happen if he landed some of those hooks on Jones chin he'd drop on his assssss

Hooks were good yes, but a HW throwing kicks with that kind of speed and snap was impressive to me. Rumble needs a call back up no matter what weight he lands on.

I couldn't believe it when he weighed in at 230.5lbs after a full training camp. Even though he missed weight a lot, he used to make 170. He's still cutting 25lbs to get to LHW now. How long before he misses that weight?

I couldn't believe it when he weighed in at 230.5lbs after a full training camp. Even though he missed weight a lot, he used to make 170. He's still cutting 25lbs to get to LHW now. How long before he misses that weight?

noooooo...he never made 170...nooooo he never made 185 either ;)

Rumble just Guida'd a legend. Keep him in shark fights. he's a bum

If he had 3 more seconds in the first round he would have TKTFO'd a legend. He certainly gassed, but don't be throwing around Guida slurs when he foughf hard and basically dismantled Andrei in the 1st round.

If he had 3 more seconds in the first round he would have TKTFO'd a legend. He certainly gassed, but don't be throwing around Guida slurs when he foughf hard and basically dismantled Andrei in the 1st round.

If, Could or Maybe's

He didnt and then gassed terribly.

If, Could or Maybe's

This. Butthurt platypus is butthurt

Arlovski is gonna beat him up bad. Johnson will probably miss weight at 265 by 24lbs. lol

Johnson won via dec

not the first time I've been wrong. thanks for the info tho. :)

A lot of people not giving AJ the credit he deserves due to trying to cut massive amounts of weight and failing in the past.

I'm not sure why people are saying he can't make 205 when he already has several times. That is the right weight class for him these days. I enjoyed the fight with Arlovski until Rumble started "holding on for dear life" like GSP. Arlovski was OUT at the end of round 1.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at heavyweight again, with better cardio. I think he has quick hands and that will play in his favor at heavyweight.

He said he wasn't planning on staying at heavyweight but if the WSOF asked him to do it again he would. WSOF needs to add more fighters to their roster. They just signed Jon Fitch as well.

Jones would pick Rumble apart though, or submit him on the ground.

If, Could or Maybe's

Ok im not denying that he gassed, that was pretty obvious. All I said was that if there was a measly couple of seconds he would have walked away with an impressive TKO victory. You act like he was gassed and looked like trash the entire fight when in reality he had the finish in hand had the clock been a tiny bit friendlier. Rumble needing better cardio isnt exactly a revelation is it?

To the other dude- butthurt? Over a win? That's a new one...

If, Could or Maybe's

Ok im not denying that he gassed, that was pretty obvious. All I said was that if there was a measly couple of seconds he would have walked away with an impressive TKO victory. You act like he was gassed and looked like trash the entire fight when in reality he had the finish in hand had the clock been a tiny bit friendlier. Rumble needing better cardio isnt exactly a revelation is it?

I know, I was just saying that because to me, that was more to take from the fight than the If he had 2 more seconds. He only looked good for the first round and that would have been a huge feather in his cap had he managed to get the stoppage that early, but alas he didnt

I actually was with Rumble and thought the fight was actually stopped when the round ended. It was that close

If, Could or Maybe's

I know, I was just saying that because to me, that was more to take from the fight than the If he had 2 more seconds. He only looked good for the first round and that would have been a huge feather in his cap had he managed to get the stoppage that early, but alas he didnt

I actually was with Rumble and thought the fight was actually stopped when the round ended. It was that close

I see your point.

In the context of AJ vs JBJ I would say that Rumble could wreck him if he came out really aggressive in the first with those big hooks and boots, but if somehow (I don't think he could personally) JBJ weathers the early storm then the fight is his to dominate.

Man, heavy or light heavy weight Rumble with cardio would be scary

If, Could or Maybe's

I see your point.

In the context of AJ vs JBJ I would say that Rumble could wreck him if he came out really aggressive in the first with those big hooks and boots, but if somehow (I don't think he could personally) JBJ weathers the early storm then the fight is his to dominate.

He would have to land very early as JBJ would either stay way out of range until Rumble tires or smoother him and LnP until Rumble tires IMO

Rumble with cardio at HW or LHW would be a beast

If, Could or Maybe's

I see your point.

He would have to land very early as JBJ would either stay way out of range until Rumble tires or smoother him and LnP until Rumble tires IMO

He would have to pull an all out running man to avoid Rumble, who is still quite fast at HW/LHW, insanely aggressive, and long as hell. Imagine one of those power kicks hitting JBJ in his chicky legs. Insta-limp. Fight over

If, Could or Maybe's

I see your point.

He would have to pull an all out running man to avoid Rumble, who is still quite fast at HW/LHW, insanely aggressive, and long as hell. Imagine one of those power kicks hitting JBJ in his chicky legs. Insta-limp. Fight over

lol I hope you are right and it happens like that :D

No way. Jones would dominate AJ even in an openweight match. AJ is good for maybe 3 or 4 minutes of wild, athletic attacks. I don't think he'd be able to land many if any strikes at all.

Johnson's best bet would be to attack Jones's legs with controlled kicks. We have yet to see anyone attack Jones's legs and I'm not sure if its because his opponents aren't smart enough to realize his legs are all bones or if Jones's defense is too good.