Sign in to follow this  
King_Can

Someone Please Explain to me why GSP is not over Jon Jones on the p4p list

Jones makes weight.

GSP doesn't.

Cuz that 1/2 pound really made a difference? lol

GSP has never shown any sign of missing weight, so there's no argument there..

He does have the same size advantage lol

He had the same size advantage against Serra & Penn, & go figure, he finished both of them with ease. Proves my point..

After losing to each one prior

Lie. He never lost to Penn. You're simply in denial.

Jones makes weight.

GSP doesn't.

Cuz that 1/2 pound really made a difference? lol

GSP has never shown any sign of missing weight, so there's no argument there..

other than missing weight that is....

Finishing fights has nothing to do with pound for pound rankings if you're only finishing smaller fighters. The only reason Jones is placed higher because people completely ignore the meaning of POUND FOR POUND. If GSP was fighting at LW, similar to Jones at LHW, he would be finishing fighters too. Indeed, he DID finish Serra & Penn, which his haters seem to ignore.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

GSP outwrestles wrestlers and outstrikes strikers.

Jones outbullies smaller guys.

GSP gets outstruck by the worst striker the UFC has ever seen

Most would while fighting with one eye, literally, one eye.

He was hardly "outstruck" anyway.

Another fail.

Finishing fights has nothing to do with pound for pound rankings if you're only finishing smaller fighters. The only reason Jones is placed higher because people completely ignore the meaning of POUND FOR POUND. If GSP was fighting at LW, similar to Jones at LHW, he would be finishing fighters too. Indeed, he DID finish Serra & Penn, which his haters seem to ignore.

George can't make LW. If he could he would. Jones can and does make LHW easily.

Chris Lytle, Hendricks and Ellenburger all finished opponents in 3 rounds or under when GSP couldn't finish in 25 minutes.

Jones deserves the spot above George. He is more skilled at fighting than GSP. GSP is the better point fighter.

Give GSP the same size advantage Jones enjoys, & he'd be just as impressive.

Jones fights walks around at 225-230 ( most LHW's do also btw. )

George walks around at 190-195 ( most WW do also btw )

Georges last five opponents....

Nick Diaz walks around at around 180-185

Carlos Condit walks around at around 180-185

Jake Shields walks around at around 185-190

Josh Koscheck walks around at around 190-195

Dan Hardy walks around at around 200-205

Jones last five opponents

Chael Sonnen walks around at around 235-240

Vitor Belfort walks around at around 220-225

Rashad Evans walks around at around 220-230

Lyoto Machida walks around at around 210-215

Quinton Jackson walks around at around 240-250

Besides a bone structure advantage he's not much bigger than most of his LHW opponents. Only lankier.

GSP tapped to strikes.

Are we supposed to rank GSP based on where he was 7 years ago?

Cuz I'm pretty sure Condit had him in more trouble & he toughed it out to completely dominate Condit afterwards. GSP has evolved A LOT since the first Serra fight, so how can that be held against him at this point?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Funny because it's true!? Yeah, like I said, he already DID finish Serra & Penn, so my point is proven.

;)

Chris Lytle, Hendricks and Ellenburger all finished opponents in 3 rounds or under when GSP couldn't finish in 25 minutes.

Jones deserves the spot above George. He is more skilled at fighting than GSP. GSP is the better point fighter.

He does have the same size advantage lol

This ^^^

Besides a bone structure advantage he's not much bigger than most of his LHW opponents. Only lankier.

lol **** off

only when he goes to McDonalds everyday

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Funny because it's true!? Yeah, like I said, he already DID finish Serra & Penn, so my point is proven.

;)

No, why?

So all I've gathered from this thread is that GSP haters are delusional or in denial.. creating blatant lies to justify their bias. =))

who came off the list for Weidman to be at #10?

I thought it was Frankie?

As impressive as GSP's resume is, Jones is probably rightfully ahead of him in the P4P rankings because he's a finisher. However, if GSP were to finish Hendricks and a few more it would be very difficult to deny him #1 status. Then there's also Anderson to consider too. Should he come back and ko Weidman in a rematch, where does that put him?

Mark Munoz walks at 260lbs, which means he has a size advantage over anybody at MW. Nice......

So all I've gathered from this thread is that GSP haters are delusional or in denial.. creating blatant lies to justify their bias. =))

And you are ignoring facts such as GSP did not make weight in the Diaz fight. Who's really delusional here?

You are also ignoring the fact that he has been caught cheating.

The only thing he's evolved since the Serra fight is his top control and it stops there. He doesn't turn his top control into anything else.

And you are ignoring facts such as GSP did not make weight in the Diaz fight. Who's really delusional here?

The only thing he's evolved since the Serra fight is his top control and it stops there. He doesn't turn his top control into anything else.

Like I said, creating lies..

Btw, if GSP didn't make weight, it wouldn't have counted as a title fight. Say what you want, but on paper, officially, you are wrong.

Cause Jones has beaten 5 former champions. And he has 0 rematches. GSP has had 9 fights tied up in 4 guys with Kos, BJ, Hughes, and Serra

I agree

Yup

VERY good point

Like I said, creating lies..

Btw, if GSP didn't make weight, it wouldn't have counted as a title fight. Say what you want, but on paper, officially, you are wrong.

Nothing I posted was a lie.

There are articles and videos all over the web proving their truth. You may want to do some research and your opinion of greasey may change.

lol **** off

lol when doesn't he. Ok 230-240 then. He's bigger than Jones that's for sure.

GSP has 6 wins over 4 former UFC champions, compared to Jones' 5, so no, it wasn't really the greatest point.

GSP has more than that if you count his fights against SF champions Diaz & Shields...

GSP has 6 wins over 4 former UFC champions, compared to Jones' 5, so no, it wasn't really the greatest point.

GSP has more than that if you count his fights against SF champions Diaz & Shields...

Actually, that's 7 wins over 5 champions if you count Condit's interim belt..

There are articles and videos all over the web proving their truth. You may want to do some research and your opinion of greasey may change.

These articles don't "prove" anything. They're just speculation or circumstantial evidence at best. Either way, like I said, on paper, officially, you are wrong.

lol **** off

Which is every day

Jones would have 10 if he fought everyone twice like George.

Actually, if you count said rematches, then GSP has 7 wins over former champs, 8 if you count Condit, and 10 if you count Diaz and Shields.

These articles don't "prove" anything. They're just speculation or circumstantial evidence at best. Either way, like I said, on paper, officially, you are wrong.

Okay

Explain how GSP did not grease in the BJ Penn fight?

Explain how GSP did not weigh in over 170 in the Diaz fight that the Canadian athletic commision just let side?

Still has 9 fights with 4 guys. If you beat them once, then you already proved you can beat them in a rematch. Rematches don't do anything for me for the winning guy.

And let's be serious. Rua/Machida/Rampage/Rashad is better than any 4 of GSP's top competition. How many fights have Shields or Diaz won since their coming to the UFC?

It's a great point. It's something to consider, along with the plethora of other things that are the reasons that make JJ higher up on that list than GSP. Finishes are another thing. Everyone here is riding on a single answer, when in reality it is all of those answers combined. It's not GSP's fault that WW doesn't have the same caliber legends as LHW. There's just nothing he can do.

Except move to MW

Jones would have 10 if he fought everyone twice like George.

Actually, if you count said rematches, then GSP has 7 wins over former champs, 8 if you count Condit, and 10 if you count Diaz and Shields.

Exactly, that's what I was saying too..

LoL There isn't another fighter in the UFC that has so much negativity surrounding him that fans chose to ignore and delusionally defend.

If GSP was so great like these people claim do you really think you would have to defend him so passionately?

GSP>Jones

only the american media would disagree. they need to have an american as #1 or it will look bad for all the inbred morons who chant USA USA USA every time somebody goes to change a light bulb.

thats the only reason jones could ever be ahead of gsp.

gsp has 1 less finish in the ufc than jones does in the ufc. (tied if you include gsp retiring nick diaz) gsp has 1 less finish in professional mma than jones has in professional mma. yet somehow people call gsp a lay and pray artist, and jones a destroyer. lmfao

thats it. thats the only stat you can put jones ahead on. 1 extra finish. thats it. half as many title defenses. half as much ufc wins, not even half as many losses he avenged, only fights guys half his size, half-asses all of his fights, cant even get half the amount of decisions, drinks half a bottle and wrecks his bentley in half around a telephone pole with some girl he's diddling half as old as his wife and half-way to legal drinking age, he's half as entertaining as the game half-life, and he aint even half the man that gsp is.

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY GSP IS NOT OVER JON JONES ON THE P4P LIST?

Because besides die hard GSP fans the whole MMA world knows Jon Jones is a better fighter.

Jones has let 17% of his wins go to decision.

GSP has let 45% of his wins go to decision. 58% if we only count UFC quality opponents.

GSP has beaten all of his opponents. Jones hasnt. True stat

GSP has tapped to strikes from a lightweight. Jones hasn't. True stat

I CAN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I HATE GSP THREADS... IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME F***ING STORY, SWEET JESUS!!!

I'm so glad, when he finally retires or get KTFO by Bigg Rigg...

I CAN EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I HATE GSP THREADS... IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME F***ING STORY, SWEET JESUS!!!

If GSP retires then half the forum will leave because they will then have no life. The rest will stay for years talking about how big of a can he is.

GSP hasn't been able to finish his fights lately and has looked worse than his opponents at the end of his past couple fights. Bones Jones DOMINATES his fights.

jones lost to a deaf guy

gsp and jones have only lost to a guy named matt. interesting.

Maybe it's because Jones beats down his opponents, most of the time finishing them, and doesn't get beaten by guys named Matt.

Oh wait.

Nevermind.

oh god here we go

stop trying to fit in with the mob

jones lost to a deaf guy

gsp and jones have only lost to a guy named matt. interesting.

A LHW deaf guy.

Also don't be prejudiced now.

Maybe it's because Jones beats down his opponents, most of the time finishing them, and doesn't get beaten by guys named Matt.

Oh wait.

Nevermind.

oh god here we go

What are you babbling about?