Sign in to follow this  
WarWest®

GSP fans that think he lost against Hendricks....

GSP is one of my favourite fighters, I've rewatched that first round twice now on mute and think Hendricks won. It was close but those knees Hendricks was landing to the legs actually had a lot of force behind them watching it on mute. GSP did plenty in the round but still not enough IMO

But Cormier made a good point, watching and judging a fight are 2 different things but I was going for GSP all fight so if anything I was biased but I think both watching and judging that GSP lost.

But kudos to Georges, he took some big shots and proved he can take a punch. Also props to Hendricks, I bagged him for his cardio and he looked great.

Great performance by Hendricks, great heart by GSP

He lost. Sad, to see fans hating on both, instead of respecting GSP's heart and Hendricks' domination.

Seriously!?

There has been 0 hate in this thread

Gsp won round 3. Forget which one but there was another round where I was torn but im biased so gave it to Gsp. Still think he lost 3 rounds and Hendricks should have got the W though

Gsp won round 3. Forget which one but there was another round where I was torn but im biased so gave it to Gsp. Still think he lost 3 rounds and Hendricks should have got the W though

Very plausible to give him round 5 imo, I think GSP won round 5 as much as Hendricks did round 1

It's obvious the pressure of being judged by millions of people has gotten to him. He goes out and fights his best, acts polite, trains hard and internet warriors still rip him apart. I think it's just the way the fight game is though, more so than any other sport. When it comes to fighting every average Joe is a self proclaimed expert

He lost. Sad, to see fans hating on both, instead of respecting GSP's heart and Hendricks' domination.

Truth.

People have no respect.

(not necessarily talking about this thread)

I've been watching MMA since 1997 and I can say without a doubt that GSP is my all-time favorite welterweight fighter and I became a fan of his before he ever won the title the first time. I had it 48-47 Johny Hendricks and I thought it was closer to 49-46 Johny than it was 48-47 GSP.

I've been watching MMA since 1997 and I can say without a doubt that GSP is my all-time favorite welterweight fighter and I became a fan of his before he ever won the title the first time. I had it 48-47 Johny Hendricks and I thought it was closer to 49-46 Johny than it was 48-47 GSP.

Exactly.

Respect

Yep big GSP fan but that was a poor decision. 3-2 Hendricks.

GSP knows he lost that one also I'll bet. He isn't a fool.

Respect

I am going to take notes on the GSP fans accepting reality. You guys should never be grouped up with those other retarded GSP fans.

I am going to take notes on the GSP fans accepting reality. You guys should never be grouped up with those other retarded GSP fans.

Let's be glad that Gsprules got banned. Unless he has an alt..

Not a GSP fan but I really don't like Hendricks and was rooting for GSP in this one. Was veeerrrrrrryyyy close but I scored it 3-2 Hendricks. Can't leave it to the judges though. And its not like Hendricks hasn't been on the receiving end of some razor thin decisions (Koscheck, Condit). A rematch is definitely in order.

Goes both ways right? Because there are some GSP haters that are unreasonable and off the rails as well.

I feel it could've gone either way, & wouldn't have been bothered had it gone the other way. As I've been saying, I may even decide that Hendricks did enough after rewatching it; it was that close.

Hey guys. I think Hendricks won, my buddy thinks Hendricks won, my bro thinks Hendricks won. I'm posting on their behalf, they don't have accounts here. Add three more Canadian GSP fans who think he lost (okay, 2 1/2 GSP fans, I admit I've been indifferent lately). My dogs think Hendricks won. My aloe vera plant thinks Hendricks won. My plate of poutine thinks GSP won... likely biased. >.> Even my wife, who can't stand watching mma, and doesn't know a thing about it, thought GSP got beat up on his way to the fight cuz Hendricks looked untouched. Seriously though, I feel bad for Hendricks. The judges are better trolls than any poster on any forum I've ever seen.... livin' under bridges, stealing peoples billy goats, and victories. Sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending, or making fun of those who think GSP won, I'm just having a laugh and am very tired. Cheers. :D

Goes both ways right? Because there are some GSP haters that are unreasonable and off the rails as well.

please refrain from saying the term 'goes both ways' and 'GSP' in the same paragraph. it might irritate the haters. currently they all have their jimmies in a deep rustle after gsp just added another fighter to the list of opponents that he's screwed.

only obvious troll accounts like IDYB and Gabri think GSP won more than one round of that fight.

haha spot on when there given it back suddenly it's a bad thing, if it was the other way around certain ppl would be on here loving it saying it wasn't even close.

GSP is the reason I started watching this sport, and training, but my initial reaction was that Hendricks won. In my mind, Hendricks clearly won 2 and 4, and GSP won 3 and 5. Round 1 when I was watching the fight, I remember thinking Hendricks had won it, but looking at the stats, i can see why the judges gave it to GSP, although it was a RAZOR close round.

Unfortunately, MMA fans need to realise that fights are based on a round by round basis. In the end, it doesn't matter if one fighter beat up the other the round before, as soon as a new round starts, its back to square zero. Whether you agree with this judging or not, GSP did enough to definitely win 2/5 rounds, and round 1 was so close, that its not a major robbery like everyone is making it out to be

Essentially, most people need to be annoyed at round 1, because that was the defining round of the fight, the others were pretty clear cut to me

as a GSP fan, I'm very shocked by the decision... I thought it was 49-46 Hendricks, maybe thought it could have been 48-47...

with that said, I'm still a GSP fan and I hope he doesn't leave MMA...

will likely be the robbery of the year which shame because it was a phenomenal fight regardless...

my thoughts after the fight before the decision was "****, the forum party is going to be huge"... after the decision, I accidentally woke up my girlfriend (watched it at 4am)

After the fight, I had Hendricks 48-47. I gave Hendricks rounds 1, 2, and 4. I can see why the judges gave it to GSP though. Round 1 had no clear winner. It was a very closely contested battle.

Props to Hendricks. He surprised me by not only lasting longer than 2 rounds (conditioning), but giving GSP the toughest fight of his career throughout the entire fight.

I gave it to Hen****s personally.. I'm a big fan of GSP and I also think he was great tonight, the guy gave it his all. He had his moments during the fight no doubt. Hendricks lit a fire under his **** and GSP showed the haters that he has heart, a chin and can be exciting. Can't wait for the rematch.

However I'm very rustled that Dana/Rogan still wont admit the JJ/Gus fight was also a robbery! If anything the GSP/Henricks fight was closer!!

Joking aside. I gave the fight to Hendricks the first time I watched it. The second time I could see where the judges saw GSP win. It's just the fact that Hendricks made GSP's face look like a bloody mess and the fact there was that constant treath of the big left landing that gave the fight it's feel towards Hendricks as the winner.

Objectively GSP won the fight. Fightmetric has it right...

Joking aside. I gave the fight to Hendricks the first time I watched it. The second time I could see where the judges saw GSP win. It's just the fact that Hendricks made GSP's face look like a bloody mess and the fact there was that constant treath of the big left landing that gave the fight it's feel towards Hendricks as the winner.

Objectively GSP won the fight. Fightmetric has it right...

Uses stats to judge a fight ....

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Because it's a sport and not felony fights